Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

HanaKuroi

Mskraizy said:
There needs to be a challenge for the style challenged people like me........

You should start one!

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Ms. Tiki

I've been killing it with the texlaxed wash n gos lately. It's cold as crap but I'm still doing it. It looks purdy

spellinto

(I'm grateful, but) it's so irritating when your hair is too voluminous (read: poofy! :lol:) to style a certain way. I spent at least 20 minutes trying to create a simple french twist! It still didn't come out the way I wanted but it least it resembles one...good enough

Last edited:

hnntrr

Really odd. If my hair is not properly moisturized and getting dry I get 70-80% shrinkage. When I moisturize right I only get 50% shrinkage. Well I guess its not odd, it makes sense.

eta: since I dont wanna do another post cause thats stupid:
The other day this ....13/14 year old asian girl came up to me at work and told me she loved my hair (it was in a larger poof). That make me feel great the rest of the day.

Last edited:

BranwenRosewood

hnntrr

I noticed the same thing with my shrinkage during this week. I washed Thursday and my hair was very moisturized Friday with 50-60% shrinkage even after sleeping on it. I didn't have to fluff my hair as much as I normally do after taking off my bonnet. I couldn't figure out why my hair shrunk less but I think it's because it was properly moisturized. I think I found my HG LCO products.

Frizzyb

Washed my hair and let the deep conditioner sit in overnight due to laziness. Had to work so when I get home gonna let this nappy ponytail down and rinse the conditioner out and proceed.

Superfly Sister

I've had coconut oil in my hair since last night (11 pm). I still went about my day, I really should rinse this out.

Hennaed my hair yesterday, my last henna was over a year ago. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks after I style my hair.

HanaKuroi

I keep petting my hair. The waves feel nice.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Tonto

I understand why my scalp was irritated and was flaking a while ago... I don't put a lot of product in my hair and I was shampooing it like I have some build up Gosh... at least I've learned.

veesweets

My hair didn't turn out that great for my date yesterday..but the date itself ended up just being so-so too lol Whew that man is gorgeous (personal trainer), but there were moments I felt like I couldn't use big words around him...

Since I'm snowed in I'm just going to pamper my hair all day while the slow cooker does all the dinner work

Son26

want to start roller-setting again but my hooded dryer died and i really don't want to get another one (i hate being under the dryer). a few years ago i would roller set my hair a few times a week....the whole process was time consuming but my hair looked great and was very moist (got a lot of compliments). thinking about going to a salon....

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Amen. Found seamless combs at Sally:yay:. Also got a pack of short and wide curlformers. Might be a better size fit for my crown.

But geez. You see the price of these things? glad I don't need extra wides. I think there were only like 4 or 6 in that pack for like $12 yuck.

Lilmama1011

Amen. Found seamless combs at Sally:yay:. Also got a pack of short and wide curlformers. Might be a better size fit for my crown.

But geez. You see the price of these things? glad I don't need extra wides. I think there were only like 4 or 6 in that pack for like $12 yuck.

you found seamless combs at Sally's ?!

MayaNatural

Amen. Found seamless combs at Sally:yay:. Also got a pack of short and wide curlformers. Might be a better size fit for my crown. But geez. You see the price of these things? glad I don't need extra wides. I think there were only like 4 or 6 in that pack for like $12 yuck.

DarkJoy do the seamless combs say "seamless" or is it a particular brand? I never bought or heard of them until I read seamless combs on here a few times. I need to invest in one soon for in shower detangling sessions.

I buy curlformers from Sally's only when I have a coupon for 25-35% off, otherwise... :nono:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lilmama1011

DarkJoy do the seamless combs say "seamless" or is it a particular brand? I never bought or heard of them until I read seamless combs on here a few times. I need to invest in one soon for in shower detangling sessions.

I buy curlformers from Sally's only when I have a coupon for 25-35% off, otherwise... :nono:

those curl formers are expensive. i find myself needing another pack and was going to get the bootleg one but SO said no because i got the real ones and need to stick with it which he doesn't know they are exactly the same quality and everything!

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
you found seamless combs at Sally's ?!

MayaNatural Lilmama1011 the package says precisely "finely polished, seamless teeth"

At sally the seamless teeth comb brand name is Silkomb. I bought the Cricket. I used it just now to detangle sections for the curlformers. Glided almost effortlessly through my just cowashed natural 4c. $7 on the ground. I can verify I see no seams between and on the teeth.

Damn good price for a seamless comb.

Silkomb Cricket

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I need to do a protein treatment and trim my ends. I looove my treatment masque, but I'd also like a quick reconstructor that I can use during the week as I see fit. I have a few that I really like, but I want to try something new. Plus, I hate going into Ulta sometimes, the employees can be ruuuude...but that's the only place that still carries the Giovanni Nutrafix reconstructor...

And what happened to the Infusium 23 reconstructor?? I really liked that stuff!! I can no longer find it anywhere :(

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I was just at Ulta too! They just kind of ignore customers. Saw the entire Joiko line. Flashed me back to my relaxed days...

ronie

The longer my hair gets, the less i care about definition. Wait until i get to APL, ain't no stopping me:lachen:.