Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

naija24

If I can make it to Full SL by June, I will be a happy woman. I really don't care about length like that. I hope hiding my hair in the meantime will work.

Debating whether to keep my microtwists until March or take them out mid February. Mid-February will make it 8 full weeks.

hnntrr

Went to the BSS today with my mom and sister. Ended up buying a short wig that looks like what my hair would look like in a Roller Set. Super Cute.

It felt nice when the girl getting the wigs for us asked me what products I used in my natural hair randomly. The puff was on point today.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
Hair is overrated. All this work, time & money wasted on this mop on my head! I refuse to lose an hour of sleep over this hair. *mumbles as she goes to wash hair*

Tonto

-I abused the use of direct heat in my hair in 2013... I used it 5 times that year, or maybe six and that really is not good. I just figured if I want my hair straight, I can throw on a wig and have my straight hair without going through the blow drying and flat ironing process! I need to hide my hair. This -21 Winter is not for them either, so in my wig until it is 70 degrees outside.
-No more Trader Joe's tea tree products. It's too much for my scalp and they do and okay job on my hair. I will go back to the 3 miracle deep conditioner. I have good memories of that one.
-I need to try co-washing my hair! I heard a lot of good things about it and I really want to give it a try
-I will trim my hair more constantly
-I will go back to having a hair journal. A must for me. At least after 2-3 months I can see what has work and what has not.
I am motivated and I need some dedication. I've said it.

Anticipatience08

I've been pouting about this hair cut (3 1/2 inches) for a few days. But then I remembered that I joined LHCF in July 2013 and I was about the length I am now, and thought about all the progress I made in such a short amount of time. I was APL-ish on July 9th, and my siggy was taken at the end of August.

I just need to do what I've been doing and I'll be back and better than before in no time!

kaykari

Im having trouble retaining length in the back of my hair, but the front of it is growing very well. Do yall have suggestions? I think the front kept 5 to 6 inches last year (bangs grew out all the way), but the back retained...idk, 2.5?

Ogoma

I don't want to jinx my hair, but I am so glad it is not a diva. It really doesn't give me too many problems and if I do something it doesn't like, it responds to efforts to fix it. I just need to keep it clean, moisturized, and in balance and it behaves.

SavannahNatural

Im having trouble retaining length in the back of my hair, but the front of it is growing very well. Do yall have suggestions? I think the front kept 5 to 6 inches last year (bangs grew out all the way), but the back retained...idk, 2.5?

kaykari If your hair is out/exposed often, be cautious of your hair rubbing on things like car seats (cover them or your hair in a satin bonnet/scarf), your clothes, coats, scarves, etc. It's not always the most attractive but if you're in a cold weather area consider putting on a satin bonnet/scarf then a hood/hat until you get to the final point where you have to take it off.

If your hair isn't out then it may just be a slow growing area and could use a little more attention. Scalp massages with JBCO works wonders. I'd also look at how I style my hair, if your hair is up often bobbie/stick pins can wreak havoc on hair, while bangs get to just hang out.

HTH and HHG!

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Confession of hair sins:

I may not be able to stay in the C&G challenge, because the last time I put box braids in my own hair it took me a week, after which I didn't wash my hair till a month later because I have never figured out how to wet cleanse and condition braided hair without ending up with knotted ends.

My personal goal of co-washing midweek every week is already failing. I love my third day hair, the last thing I want to do after three to four days is wet my hair. Can't I just moisturize every other night like I have been doing? It has been working especially when I actually wash my hair at least once a week :rolleyes:.
I need baby steps, I have to learn to follow the schedule I have before creating a tighter one.

I think I have found a solution to my hair's drawn out drying time. I have also discovered that my hair in a braid out looks the same on either blown out or stretched hair. In fact my braid outs seem to look better on stretched air dried second day hair. They have more movement and volume. I may return to no heat again meaning I wouldn't be doing the one month minimum heat pass for the Hot Girls 2014 challenge.

I am bad at staying on challenges :nono:, I should just lurk and comment whenever I have something to add to the topic of the thread.

I am just going to have to do whatever is good for my hair and for me that can change daily.

Right now for me that is;

Low manipulation styling ( the install and take down of painstaking protective styles does not fall into this)

Sticking to my cleansing schedule of 5-7 days

No heat

Oh and I fell off the use up the stash challenge but I guess that might not surprise anyone :rolleyes:. I replaced two staples when I had a one product a month pass. I will try to dust off and do better though. That is one challenge I plan on at least attempting to stick to.

Last edited:

SavannahNatural

DoDo don't give up, but definitely do what's best for your hair.

Challenges are meant to do just that, challenge you to be better with your hair in a way that helps you achieve your goal. If the challenge isn't meeting that need or your working regimen doesn't fit within the parameters then move on.

It sounds like you're still feeling out your process anyway and the right challenge will help you with that.

I lurk in a lot of challenges and threads for the information. I may try a technique/product, but if it doesn't work for me i can happily move along.

HHJ!

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
DoDo don't give up, but definitely do what's best for your hair.

Challenges are meant to do just that, challenge you to be better with your hair in a way that helps you achieve your goal. If the challenge isn't meeting that need or your working regimen doesn't fit within the parameters then move on.

It sounds like you're still feeling out your process anyway and the right challenge will help you with that.

I lurk in a lot of challenges and threads for the information. I may try a technique/product, but if it doesn't work for me i can happily move along.

HHJ!

SavannahNatural

:bighug:

Thank you!

You have very beautiful hair by the way!

ImanAdero

I have this same issue. For me, it's just clutch to make sure it's well lubricated/moisturized. And keeping it off my clothes.

My hair is slightly layered so it looks fine, but I know my hair could be so much longer in the back.

ImanAdero

I am so ready to take these mini braids out and put some marley twists in. I need a way to not bother with my hair for a month.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
treatment masque on my hair, brand new shears for my first trim of the year, listening to music. life is good :)

I finally got around to using the SheaMoisture Purification Masque that I purchased a while back. It's a lot like the condish, nice slip, smells pretty, didn't leave my hair feeling very moisturized, just soft and conditioned. Felt good on my scalp. SM makes the best hair masques.

HanaKuroi

I just realized I haven't used heat in 16 months. Before that it was 8.

I get terrified when I think of using heat for some reason. I am not concerned about heat damage but breakage that can occur 6 months down the road. I have only had heat damage in one area and it didn't break.

Heat is like the boogie man to me now and I don't know why.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

GettingKinky

When I first tried AOGPB I hated the smell and I was so upset that I bought a 16 oz bottle. Now that I'm nearing the end of the bottle the smell has grown on me and I'm thinking of getting another one. So much for simplifying my routine I'm still going to have a 3 conditioner rotation.

Tonto

Going to target at the moment. I need a lot of conditioner to condition wash this hair for two months and some deep conditioners. No more direct heat... and I might need some new sheers as well...and some bobby pins. I think that's about it

Tonto

Just put in the Aubrey Organics GDP in my hair... I love that stuff! It's one of my favorites of 2013 for sure... I should vlog about it actually hmmm... I got 2 3 minute miracle deeeeep conditioners, TREsemmé naturals, TREsemmé luxurious moisture (great detangler!!!) and Herbal Essences totally twited. All conditioners :D

TwoSnapsUp

I'm curious to know what my curl pattern is. I wondering how long I need to stretch before my curl patter reveals itself...

DivineNapps1728

I'm itching to try yarn wraps as my next protective style, but I'm leery of lint balls & the take down process. Maybe I'll try the style with synthetic hair instead.

HanaKuroi

I need to do a protein treatment and trim my ends. I looove my treatment masque, but I'd also like a quick reconstructor that I can use during the week as I see fit. I have a few that I really like, but I want to try something new. Plus, I hate going into Ulta sometimes, the employees can be ruuuude...but that's the only place that still carries the Giovanni Nutrafix reconstructor...

And what happened to the Infusium 23 reconstructor?? I really liked that stuff!! I can no longer find it anywhere :(

I buy my Nutrafix on Amazon.

JosieLynn

PSA: ulta has a few of the liters of shampoo and conditioner on sale. It seems a little smaller than their usual liter sale but I racked up anyway

netgoines1

Been using Nu-Gro Naturals and is having good results. Plus the products they have are really all natural. Just can't find that anywhere!

netgoines1

Been using all natural Nu-Gro Naturals products and it's doing wonders from my hair. just so hard to find true all natural hair products. Check it out for yourself at Nu-gro Naturals.com