Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Lilmama1011

It was a buy 1 get 1 free on all hair products at sally's. The sale is over by the way for the the ones who didn't know. I got a few things yesterday. I wish I could show pics but I can't load them on here. But I got two jars of the beautiful texture rapid repair deep conditioner(15oz ) because I know it works for my hair and leaves my hair so soft and silky, even when I have new growth it's way manageable. I got shea moisture Jamaican black castor oil strengthen grow & restore leave in conditioner (16oz), Shea moisture coconut and hibiscus kids extra moisturizing detangle with slippery elm & marshmallow extracts (8oz), and Shea moisture coconut and hibiscus curling gel souffle with agave nectar & flax seed oil (12oz)

I..would..die omg!!

I swear I make the same post every spring - that I'm deathly afraid of those little tiny bugs you can barely see ending up flying in my hair. Especially with all the bakery/fruity scented stuff I use. Ughh I hate nature

I could not deal. I still can not believe that happened to me. Re the bolded: me too!

Oh heck no, I would have banged my head and killed myself. Centipedes creep me out so badly

If I had to get that out myself it would have been over.

Ogoma

I am really loving this Super Wet gel. This is day 4 hair and I have worked out twice with it. It has less frizzy then I would normally get with another gel by the end of day 4 and a couple of workouts.

I want to spread the word so more people discover and demand it, and it becomes easier to find.

PJaye

Being adventurous, I applied a mixture of Silicon Mix Pearl and Aphogee 2-Minute to my dry hair and let it sit for a few hours. The silky softness I experienced while rinsing was out of this world!

Trying to get from BSL to WL is as annoying as APL to BSL was :whyme:
I think my most annoying length goal was definitely APL to BSL. But I think BSL to WL felt like it flew by because I wasn't hair obsessed in Year 4.

Although WL to HL felt like it took an entire year. And I'm still only just touching it. But the rest of my hair in my U has thickened and has reached WL.

mshoneyfly

Always, always, always perform the lengthy and tedious hair practices while seated. IMO, every woman should have what I like to call a personal styling zone - a mirrored, well-lit tabled seating area designed to accommodate one's beauty rituals. I cannot express how invaluable this has been to my life over the years.

YES to this! My area is a pedestal mirror on my bed propped up by a Julep box, lol!

julzinha

I wish my family would just let me do my hair in peace. They're always like why are you doing all those things to your hair ( you mean prepoo and DC) or you don't need all those products (you mean a leave in and protein treatment). They should just let me be because I never ask them for help with my hair so it's not yours to complain about. On top of that, get your edges together.

I wish my family would just let me do my hair in peace. They're always like why are you doing all those things to your hair ( you mean prepoo and DC) or you don't need all those products (you mean a leave in and protein treatment). They should just let me be because I never ask them for help with my hair so it's not yours to complain about. On top of that, get your edges together.
I'm sure your results will soon silence everyone.

My Mom used to be the same way :blah: and now she doesn't do anything to her hair without asking me for advice :lol:

alex114

Lol I can definitely identify with you guys @julzinha and @lulu97 When I started transitioning my family was like oooo your hair is all gonna fall out stop doing all of that. Now all of my aunts ask me about product recommendations and my sister doesn't buy anything for her or my nephew's hair without consulting me lmfaoooo :kiss3:
:worship2:

I've had these braids in for about 2 months and I could probably make it to 2.5...but hmmm I wanna play with my hairrrrrrrrr. Plus I must have at least 1 inch of new growth. Decisions, decisions.... :D:drunk:

imaginary

Gonna start washing my hair in large braids to see if it'll help with these darn SSKs. Feels like anytime I have a little bit of growth I have to cut it off :cry3:

veesweets

I'm really starting to dislike USPS my tracking says out for delivery friday still don't have it ..

This has happened quite a few times to me so I'm not too concerned yet, but if I don't have my package today I will be blowing up their phones tomorrow

julzinha

Sometimes I get really frustrated that my hair is not where I want it to be in length and thickness. Then I need to remind myself to look at my hair journey like my weight loss journey. I never thought I would lose 100 lbs, but I did. It didn't happen overnight, I was consistent each workout adds to the overall goal and even with slight set backs I still got back on track.

I need to tell myself you are doing everything right with your hair. You are protective styling with braid extensions, moisturizing every other day, using oils on my scalp, eating well and drinking plenty of water, and taking great supplements. It takes time but in a year I will have a brand new head of hair just like in a year I had a brand new body.

LivingInPeace

Sitting with henna in my hair. About to rinse it out. I hope it colored my grays. This is too much work for me to be staring at grays after this all done.