Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I tried using s brush to create comb coils and it worked a bit in one section and I couldn't get coils in the rest of my head no matter how I brushed. So weird. Trying not to get frustrated. I'm gonna call a natural hair salon tomorrow

Hair is freshly dyed. I need to touch up a few small spots I missed.

I really want (and need) to buy new hair products. Reup on deep conditioner and moisturizer. But I also really want to try some new stuff too (I'm looking at YOU shescentit and naturelle grow). Decisions decisions

Sigh. My hair and I just aren't getting on this week. On Monday it got blasted by rain and wind and looked awful. That somehow seemed to dry it out - it all but fell out of twists Monday night and looked dry and limp on Tuesday. So Tuesday night I upped the moisture and it didn't like that either - I didn't use that much but on Wednesday morning it looked like I'd just stepped out of the shower. And this morning it's inexplicably oily...:angry2:

I have a week old Curlformer set that has seen better days. So I am gonna try naptural85 twistout style on curlformers.

I think I've effed around and gotten heat damage... So I think I'm going to try and kink my hair up some with and ApHogee 2step... and if all fails, I might just chop into a long bob Sooner that I planned...

It feels so good to be back at home living around more black people, even if it's only for a short while. Wallyworld has more than motions and pink oil; target actually carries Oyin Handmade; next burb over has Qhemet.

I have already spent so much money on makeup I know I am gonna spend quite a bit on my hair and clothing. I love being able to WALK into a store and buy stuff made for me. I'm so past online ordering, especially living on and island.

Tonight is wash night & I know imma have to put in work since I've rocked & refreshed this puff for over a week.

As a sidebar I may have developed another reason to chill with the puffs; I've picked up a habit of pulling hairs with ssks out from the root if I don't have my hair shears immediately handy.

Smh & lol.

#teamUnbothered #teamSsksmustgo
#teamNoshearsnoproblem

I don't believe that DC sessions with heat are anymore beneficial to me than those without but I'm going to try for the next 6 months. Truthfully, I just hate pulling the dryer out :look:

When I told my daughter that I was using monistat on my scalp, she said "You need to leave that hair board alone." Now, after seeing the growth that I've had over the last 2-3 months, she's like "So can you ask the ladies on the hair board what they think about ***. Oh and what kind of monistat should I get? 3 day or 7 day?" Lol.

I'm sure your results will soon silence everyone.

My Mom used to be the same way :blah: and now she doesn't do anything to her hair without asking me for advice :lol:

I really like fenugreek tea and how my scalp feels when I use it in my spray bottle.. but this maple syrup smell is NOT what that is.

My cousin just gave me a hug and said I smell good.. like pancakes or breakfast. Yuck!.lol.

Since I am now moving into my own studio apartment SO EXCITED YAY my hair budget will a swift nosedive. i'm waiting for my hair to grow out more before I learn how to do my own silk presses at home. Or at least have enough hair to puff.

How long was your hair before you were able to puff?

Part of me wants to roller set my hair but my hair is like you better not.

I looked at the weather for this upcoming week; I doubt a roller set will last two days.

Wash and Go wins. Now I have to debate over Curly Girl Method, Tightly Curl Method, Hair Rules Method or just wing it.

Back