? Regarding Corrective Relaxer

cocoagirl

Has anyone or is it possible to have just a section of your hair relaxed at the salon? About 2 inches from my root (and for about 2 inches in length) my hair is underprocessed. I want to have a corrective at a salon but i DO NOT at this time need a touch-up on my new growth. Will it be simple for a trained professional to just relax that section of my hair? Has anyone had this done?

At this point my hair is kind've breaking after the section that needs a corrective so I need a solution...

Your Cheeziness

If the stylist knows what they are doing and you are specific about your requests, I think it could be done. I wouldn't recommend it though. I just had a corrective done (avi pic) when I was 7 weeks post. The only reason my stylist did it is b/c he had to pull it halfway down the length anyway. Other than that, he wouldn't have relaxed my hair. Is it a possibility you can wait until you have more new growth?

Yes it is possible to have this done. I will be doing this on myself in a few weeks. Basically I had about 3 inches of new growth but only the first 1 inch was straightened b/c my mother did not apply the relaxer on the entire 3 inches. I am going to wait 6 weeks since the relaxer and protect the new growth and the previously relaxed hair with conditioner or chi silk infusion. I am going to braid the first several inches that I don't want processed. However I am not going to leave it on long. Just long enough to get the majority of the bulk out.

cocoagirl

@Your Cheeziness- when I had my last touchup I told the stylist about it so she ran the relaxer through my new growth and down past the section that needs a corrective and that section is still frizzy and not straight so I'm not sure what the problem is.

@MontegoBaybaby so you are going to braid down to right above the area that needs correcting? Are you planning on doing this in sections (like making 4 parts) and will you do it yourself? I am tempted to try this one more time myself but I'm just not sure...

almondjoi85

It can be done and is done, but I would wait until you need a fresh touch-up and get it all done together. I've even done it to myself.... I mixed equal parts of relaxer and condition and applied it on the underprocessed areas, worked great for me