Relaxed 2 Natural Insanity Challenge 2014/2015/2016

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Oh and please excuse the pic in the braids. I know I look like a lumpy sac of potatoes from behind but I was 9 months pregnant. Iol

bebezazueta

Had to dig deep for this thread! lol How y'all doing?! I'm 31 months post, most of my relaxed ends are around the front/sides. Few pics I snapped before doing a ponytail roller set last week and styles I've been rocking lately. Length wise, I'm full waist and shooting for hip within the next year. I'll be trimming an inch all around next month just to maintain the health of my ends. I'll update again in December...I'll be 3 yrs post then. Lawd where did the time go?!!!!!

Thanks for the dig lady!

You are my transitioning shero! Thanks for the pics and update!

sharifeh

bumping this- I'm 16 months post and cut my hair into a bob...trying to figure out next steps. i want to mainly bun it for a few more months until I chop - I have a lot of relaxed hair in the front so I may be fully natural this summer or maybe not....

I want to hang on for as long as possible but I don't think ill make 2 years

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I just made 3 years of natural hair growth this month. I celebrated by buying a new flat iron....got 2 more I plan on getting after Christmas. My natural hair appears to be around MBL and my total length with the relaxed ends is past my waist. Still no plans in sight of ever chopping...these relaxed ends are the police...protecting & serving my natural hair allowing it to grow and flourish undisturbed.

I've been wearing mostly braided styles.

I'll check in again in 6 months.

Last edited:

bebezazueta

bumping this- I'm 16 months post and cut my hair into a bob...trying to figure out next steps. i want to mainly bun it for a few more months until I chop - I have a lot of relaxed hair in the front so I may be fully natural this summer or maybe not.... I want to hang on for as long as possible but I don't think ill make 2 years

I'm almost 16 months as well. Trying to hold on.

sharifeh

lulu97

You and your hair are amazing!

I feel like when I'm much older, I'm gonna look back on transitioning as one of the hardest things I've ever done in life jeez this isn't easy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Jas123

The Star of a Story
I just made 3 years of natural hair growth this month. I celebrated by buying a new flat iron....got 2 more I plan on getting after Christmas. My natural hair appears to be around MBL and my total length with the relaxed ends is past my waist. Still no plans in sight of ever chopping...these relaxed ends are the police...protecting & serving my natural hair allowing it to grow and flourish undisturbed.

I've been wearing mostly braided styles.

I'll check in again in 6 months.
:wow::worship2:
I'm closing in to 1 1/2yrs and I don't plan on doing a major cut anytime soon, just trimming. The thing that I thought was going to be the biggest hurdle, detangling, turned out to be so easy- dare I say even easier than when I was relaxed. So, thus far transitioning has been pretty easy. And of all the reason I'm transitioning not one of the reason was/is due to the health of my relaxed hair. My relaxed hair was/is as healthy as relaxed hair can be and I had no problem growing it to waist length, so I see no reason to chop it off. My only regret is not doing this transitioning thing earlier. I can't wait to be 3 yrs post like you. And I agree about the relaxed hair being a kind of a protectant for you natural hair.