Relaxed 2 Natural Insanity Challenge 2014/2015/2016

sharifeh

It's quiet in here. :look: 7 months post today. So far so good. How's it going ladies?

Were almost the same , I'm a few weeks ahead of you I'm almost 8 months post

It's hard when I look at old pics of my long relaxed hair but I'm moving forward

Unfortunately my hair likes minimal washing during this transition ... I get my hair straightened at the salon and i try to make it last 2-3 weeks
I'm used to being a frequent washer and roller setter but wash days as a transitioner are too much breakage for my hair and too much stress for me
Although my scalp is itchy my hair is happy I'm trying to make until next Wednesday ....

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Just checking in...I just realized that I am more than 8 months post! Since I'm all Chi-ed and bob-ed up since my mini chop :) I'm getting zero breakage with minimal shedding. I'm using the Chi maintenance shampoo and condish weekly and pre-pooing with a mixture of coconut, avocado, olive and peppermint oils. I used the same oil mixture immediately before my last Chi and I think I have a winner! It's still not cute wet because I'm 50:50 natural to relaxed in the top and front and about 80:20 natural to relaxed in the back. I can honestly say I'm enjoying my transition and I love my hair. I can't wait to see my ends curl all over.

bebezazueta

Were almost the same , I'm a few weeks ahead of you I'm almost 8 months post It's hard when I look at old pics of my long relaxed hair but I'm moving forward Unfortunately my hair likes minimal washing during this transition ... I get my hair straightened at the salon and i try to make it last 2-3 weeks I'm used to being a frequent washer and roller setter but wash days as a transitioner are too much breakage for my hair and too much stress for me Although my scalp is itchy my hair is happy I'm trying to make until next Wednesday .... Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I thought it was just me. I was a frequent washer and roller setting queen. Now I wash less and bun or wig it until next wash. Oh well!

EnExitStageLeft

I'm in a pretty horrible mood (bad day :(). So I just thru my hair in a twisted bun, threw on my scarf and bonnet and going to take a nap. Hopefully I wake up in a better mood.

sharifeh

It's going, planning to wash it Thursday

My roots and edges are all fuzzy and reverted
I never know what to do about that

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

EnExitStageLeft

Did a blowout last night (I wanted a 2week vacation from this head).

Also, I've come to the realization that I need to make a major investment in a quality blow dryer. It took me almost a hour last night to blow dryer and still didn't receive the results that I wanted and I'm just not ok with that :nono:

I will be looking into the new H2pro 3600 Hurricane Dryer and the FHI EPS hair dryer.

If you lovely ladies have any other suggestions please let me know.

As for my blow out......

Excuse the weird lopsided shape. I had just taken it out of a bun.

Attachments

• BlowOut March2014.jpg
    BlowOut March2014.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 23

FlawedBeauty

I will join. I tried transitioning once and chopped way to early. I hated how my hair looked and that led me to relax. I'm about a year post. Here are my pics. One pic is week old greasy gross flat iron pic...the other is shower pic.

Currently using elucence shampoo, aphogee curlrific texture treatment, eden coconut shea moisturizer and coconut oil.

Wash and steam once a week. I have many natural hair crushes...top of my head, chime edwards.

ForumRunner_20140324_192227.jpg

ForumRunner_20140324_192308.jpg

Last edited:

bebezazueta

I will join. I tried transitioning once and chopped way to early. I hated how my hair looked and that led me to relax. I'm about a year post. Here are my pics. One pic is week old greasy gross flat iron pic...the other is shower pic. Currently using elucence shampoo, aphogee curlrific texture treatment, eden coconut shea moisturizer and coconut oil. Wash and steam once a week. I have many natural hair crushes...top of my head, chime edwards.

Welcome!

Sorry ladies I'll update the challenge list on Saturday.

I had a dream that a popular relaxed youtuber was trying to get me to texturizing my hair. She mixed it up and all. I just stared at it. I eventually said no after a long contemplation. I was like I'm 7 months in, I'm not going through transitioning again. LOL!

Let's keep pressing on

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Found some pictures in my old I-phone from the last time I went to the salon. I think this was around September/October last year before my stylist went on maternity leave. The only time I don't roller set after washing is when I know I'm going to the salon and I do a really good deep condition the night before and bun it until I get to the salon. So I rarely get a chance to take pictures of my texture. I had to be around 21 or 22 months post then...I'm at almost 28 now. Man those relaxed ends are so puny next to my natural hair. Looks a straight mess!

Last edited:

PlainJane

Okay, I'm giving in! My hair is so thin now from a setback so I might as well transition because I'm too self conscious to wear my hair out at the moment lol. And I just really want a new look. I feel like everyone goes natural eventually so I might as well do it now.

1) last length check pic - attached below

2) Weeks post - 15 weeks post

3) transitioning mini chop plan - I would like to reach BSL then trim relaxed ends every few months to maintain BSL until I'm fully natural.

4) favorite transitioning hairstyle - Buns and braided/twisted updos

5) your HG transitioning product- ORS conditioner (the banana one) is the only thing that's been able to soften my NG so far. I also like aphogee curlific leave-in

6) your "planned" final mini chop - I haven't thought this far ahead. 2 years should be enough time? We shall see!

Also, if anyone has any tips on how to stop hair from reverting please let me know! My roots usually begin reverting after about 2 days and that's without using product. I flat iron at 350 with a babyliss.

Last edited:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Just had a birthday and decided I was going to transition.

I'll pop back in later to answer the questions. :wave:

bebezazueta

Just had a birthday and decided I was going to transition. I'll pop back in later to answer the questions. :wave:

Yay! Welcome! I have not been updating the challengers as promised. Life happened and my weekends got crazy!

So no worries I will update. Thanks for joining us. You're in good company!

AgeinATL

As of yesterday, I am 18 months post relaxer. On to my next transitioning goal of 21 months (I take it 3 months at a time!!). I plan on doing another mini chop in a couple of months. Once I got my staples solidified, it has been fairly smooth sailing. Some wash days are worse than others, but for the most part, I am really enjoying my transition and looking forward to being fully natural.

ETA: BASK and Silk Dreams Deep Conditioners are really helping on wash days. Still swear by Jessicurl Too Shea and Camille Rose JAI Twist Creme. Currently trying out Annabelle's Perfect Blends.

Last edited:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Back to officially join!

1) last length check pic as a starting pic - I don't have any length check pictures but I'm currently grazing BSL

2) number of weeks or months post relaxer - Currently 6 months post

3) your transitioning mini chop plan - planning to maintain BSL so I'll chop as often as necessary to maintain that length

4) favorite transitioning hairstyle - right now it's a bun

5) your HG transitioning product (it could be a moisturizer, conditioner, etc) - so far Silk Dreams Razzberry Coconut Affair, Komaza Care Califia Moisturizing Spray, my steamer

6) your "planned" final mini chop and at how many weeks/months that will be when your transition has ended - I'm planning to chop when my NG is BSL length stretched so hopefully 30 months from now (not counting the 6 months I've done already)

7) your natural hair crush - I actually don't have one yet

Last edited:

sharifeh

My hair is still hidden and I'm going on 8 months post

I'm really enjoying the break and I hope I get some good growth Don't have a game plan for the summer yet Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
My hair is still hidden and I'm going on 8 months post I'm really enjoying the break and I hope I get some good growth Don't have a game plan for the summer yet Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My hair is hidden as well and will be for most of the year. We are on vacation from each other. lol

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
26 weeks post. Last wash day results were interesting. I tension blow dried my roots. Didn't do them as straight as I usually do because I wasn't about 2 hours of drying that night. Next day my hair freaked out! All of my NG and my ends decided it wanted to be puffy. I'm not mad at all. Actually liked the big look so I'm sticking with it this week and will keep an eye out for any dryness.

OAN: Finally gathered hair for my Komaza analysis so I can't wait to get that off to them & get my results back.

Last edited:

bebezazueta

26 weeks post. Last wash day results were interesting. I tension blow dried my roots. Didn't do them as straight as I usually do because I wasn't about 2 hours of drying that night. Next day my hair freaked out! All of my NG and my ends decided it wanted to be puffy. I'm mad at all. Actually liked the big look so I'm sticking with it this week and will keep an eye out for any dryness. OAN: Finally gathered hair for my Komaza analysis so I can't wait to get that off to them & get my results back.

Keep us posted on your results!

FlawedBeauty

Still chugging along. I keep my hair in twists 95% of the time. Wash and deep conditioning once a week. Going very well. 13 months post.

Britt

I'll join

1) last length check pic as a starting pic - I don't really have any length pics as I've trimmed my hair several times.

2) number of weeks or months post relaxer - I am 15 months post

3) your transitioning mini chop plan - my transitioning plan/journey went something like this:
  • Early on, up until about 5 months - I washed frequently and would wear my hair in a low ponytail
  • 5 - 7 months - things started getting VERY rough for me here and I'd continue the same - wash and low ponytail
  • 7 months - couldn't take it, went and got the DE treatment. With this treatment I started to either blow dry my hair at home, and in between I'd go and get rollersets at the Dominicans with my roots blown out. I did this prob from 7-10 months.
  • 10/11 months - I got a weave and wore that for like 6 weeks I think.. def not longer.
  • 12 months until now - things have gotten easier and I wear my hair in braid outs or pulled back in a low struggle bun. The top of my hair is MUCH looser than the rest so as my new growth continues to grow out and gets longer it's very easy to smooth down and makes doing a damp/wet ponytail not difficult as the top of the hair kinda covers the rest of the hair.
4) favorite transitioning hairstyle - braid outs and slicking my hair back.

5) your HG transitioning product (it could be a moisturizer, conditioner, etc) - I'd have to say using good deep conditioners. I use Nexxus Emergencee, Darcy's Pumpkin seed, and I've discovered Naturelle Grows DCs which I LOVE and have repurchased. I recently discovered APB's creamy leave in pudding and their hair moisturizer cream, I like those for moisturizers.

6) your "planned" final mini chop and at how many weeks/months that will be when your transition has ended - I'm currently 15 months post and honestly thought I'd chop now, but I'm not ready. I've cut a few areas in my hair and not ready to deal with all the shrinkage all over as yet. I might stretch this transition out to 18-20 months. I plan to get braids/twists in about a month so that will allow me an extra 2 months worth of growth.

7) your natural hair crush - I have so many. Off the top of my head, I love MsVaughntv (her hair, her hairstyles, makeup, overall look, she knows how to ROCK natural hair), her sis MeechyMonroe (same reasons), Ladyt101, BeuuutifullyMade (love her style and her hair as well).... a slew of other people. I mainly watch people with similar hair types to myself.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
27 weeks post!
Transition has been moving along. Starting to see much less breakage. Not sure if it's the regimen/products or if my hair is hip to the fact I'm not going to relax it so it's found some act right. Hair is loving a leave-in spray plus creamy leave-in on wash days too. With the combo, I don't have to M&S during the week; only on wash day.
Planning to trim about 1-2 inches in another 3-4 weeks. Should be past the bottom of my bra strap by then and I can clip it back to grazing the bra strap.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Had to dig deep for this thread! lol How y'all doing?! I'm 31 months post, most of my relaxed ends are around the front/sides. Few pics I snapped before doing a ponytail roller set last week and styles I've been rocking lately. Length wise, I'm full waist and shooting for hip within the next year. I'll be trimming an inch all around next month just to maintain the health of my ends. I'll update again in December...I'll be 3 yrs post then. Lawd where did the time go?!!!!!

Last edited: