Relaxed hair means straight hair ALL the time.....Um, NOT!!

Monaleezza

image-2066127420.jpg
My braid out ponytail. I only loosened it to moisturise but now I'm thinking, hey, I'm gonna wear it just like this. (At least until I panic that its not protective enough and plait and pin it up!) lol

Guinan

Re-Branding
I cant believe I'm just now finding this thread!!:drunk:

I wear my hair in textured styles about 90% of the time.

Attached are pics of my braidouts, navy buns, mini braids etc...

Attachments

• 4BRAID BRAIDOUT.JPG
    4BRAID BRAIDOUT.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 154
  • better minis1.JPG
    better minis1.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 149
  • better minis4.JPG
    better minis4.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 136
  • braid out 1.JPG
    braid out 1.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 145
  • navy bun.JPG
    navy bun.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 153

Guinan

Re-Branding
More pics of my navy bun and a navy bun with twist in the front. The last two pics are are a failed attempt at 2strand twist

Attachments

• Military bun 3.JPG
    Military bun 3.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 134
  • NAVY TWIST.jpg
    NAVY TWIST.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 133
  • NAVY TWIST 1.jpg
    NAVY TWIST 1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 127
  • twist 3.JPG
    twist 3.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 134
  • twist.JPG
    twist.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 129

sunnieb

Just stopping by to appreciate the versatility of relaxed hair.

You ladies always inspire me to try new styles! :grin:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I cant believe I'm just now finding this thread!!:drunk:

I wear my hair in textured styles about 90% of the time.

Attached are pics of my braidouts, navy buns, mini braids etc...

I really like the last picture. I will try that when I do another braidout, but the weather in NY will have to get better first, because that will rub all over my cashmere/WOOL scarf and I do not have time for that!

Babysaffy

I thought this would be a great place to make my thousandth post back in the haircare section where it all started for me, lurking in LHCF back in 2008!!

This is my bun airdried hair taken down last week:

ForumRunner_20130121_011204.jpg

Babysaffy

I'm copying and pasting my post from the relaxed bunning thread:

After finding some heartbreaking split ends last week I'm starting again with heat free and rocked my first bun for months to work today. Felt so cool and sophisticated in this heatwave lol.

I'm going to alternate with wet bunning and co washing and braidouts. Will wash Sundays and co wash Wednesdays or vice versa.

--------------------------------------------

Will be posting braidout pics here and bun pics there :)

ETA. I'll be 16 weeks post this Wednesday.

Babysaffy

Just going through hair photos in my phone to inspire myself and realise that I seem to have stopped the braidout and bun no heat regime in March and the months have just flown by with me blowdrying and straightening weekly. Now I'm left with splits that will have to go. Wearing my bun again tomorrow and looking forward to cowash and braid on Wednesday evening for braidout on Thursday.

A braidout pic from January this year:

DSC_1480-1.jpg

sunnieb

Ya'll making me want to bust out a real braidout this week. I'm talkin' a super curly one.....hmmmm

kandiekj100

I wanted to contribute. This braidout is in my avi right now, but I posted it an enlarged pic below. I think this is my best braidout to date. I have had good results since, but haven't been able to quite duplicate it. Dontcha just hate when that happens.:spinning:

braidout with perm rods 2 5.8.13.jpgbraidout with perm rods 1 5.8.13.jpg

tapioca_pudding

kandiekj100 that is Gorgeous!! Do you mind breaking down the steps you took to achieve this? I'm planning to do low-mani styles for the rest of the summer so I'm working on my braid out technique.

kandiekj100

@kandiekj100 that is Gorgeous!! Do you mind breaking down the steps you took to achieve this? I'm planning to do low-mani styles for the rest of the summer so I'm working on my braid out technique.

Thank you very much tapioca_pudding!

I'll try to break it down but keep in mind that I still have yet to duplicate the exact results I acheived my first time doing this.

1. I washed and conditioned (I think I used the cheapie tressame naturals line).
  2. On damp hair I think I used a little more of the same condition as a leave-in and put oil to seal.
  3. I then put a bunch of individual plaits in my hair. As stated in my siggy I have low density fine strands, so I think I probably end up with about 3-4 braids in each quadrant. Not huge braids, but not super tiny either.
  4. I don't braid all the way down. I left about 2 inches unbraided at the bottom and rolled up the ends using perm rods. I don't know the size but they are pink and are about the 3rd to smallest size.
  5. I rolled pretty much the entire length of my hair. Also, before rolling I would put a little extra water on ends to make sure it was smooth.
If your hair takes a while to dry you may want to get under the dryer or just ensure you have given enough time for it to dry thoroughly.

I have a pics at the bottom which shows my standard braiding and resultin g braidout for my go to braidouts, just for a reference to show how thick the braid is here, versus what I did to achieve results above. The braids to achieve the look above are probably about half the size of the braids in the picture below. Also below, I just put pillow rollers on the very ends, instead of the perm rods rolling all the way to the top. I don't know if the pics below help since they are of a different type of braidout but it's all I have. Darn, I wish I would have taken a pic, but I didn't even know it would turn out well. I'm wiggin it this week, but if I do it again, I'll take a pic and put it in this thread.

I hope that helps.

no makeup2.jpgbraidout 11-2012.jpg

Honey Bee

I'm copying and pasting my post from the relaxed bunning thread:

After finding some heartbreaking split ends last week I'm starting again with heat free and rocked my first bun for months to work today. Felt so cool and sophisticated in this heatwave lol.
Babysaffy, I understand about the splits. My hair was super-fine from over-processing (when I first joined), splits everywhere. Tree splits, triple splits, mid-strand splits, splits on top of splits, just :nono:. Over the years, I've started texlaxing, dc'ing every wash, using a light protein reconstructor every wash, stopped using heat except for dusting/ trims (which I'm forced to do every month), etc... but I still have one weird section in the back of my head that splits like crazy.

So I've been doing research and I found this:

Well, instead of just coating the outside of hair like most conditioners do, the tiny PEC molecules are able to enter the split ends of hair. Because the complex can stick to the damaged hair protein and to other complex molecules, it creates little bridges across the open ends of the splits. As your hair dries, the water evaporates from the complex causing it to contract. The force of this contraction pulls the end of the split hairs back together again. Once the PECs are dry they bind the split end shut.

Which products contain PEC technology?
Nexxus, Joico, and Tresemme all make products containing the Polyelectrolyte Complex.

Nexxus Pro-Mend Conditioner

Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Split End Mender

Tresemme Split Remedy Conditioner

This is the second thread I'm posting this in, I'm evangelizing, girl! :lol: I have the Nexxus (l-i cond) and the Tresemme (serum), I bought an ionic/ tourmaline blowdryer (on clearance at Marshall's for $10!), and it's about to be ON! :gorgeous:

hth!