Relaxed hair means straight hair ALL the time.....Um, NOT!!

tapioca_pudding

kandiekj100 thank you SO much for that break down!!! I tried your method last night.. I think my hair is still too short to pull off rolling the perm rods all the way up, because I had a TIGHT curly fro LOL. I blasted my roots with the blowdryer to stretch my length a bit. But I do really love the curls!!! :yep: I will try it again this weekend and roll the rods halfway.

sunnieb

I put in 10 bantu knots last night hoping for a super curly look today. Ended up being more of a beach wavey look. I like it, but I'll keep trying different methods to get it curlier. I'll be 12 weeks post tomorrow.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130718_083849.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130718_083849.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 105
  • ForumRunner_20130718_083928.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130718_083928.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 100
  • ForumRunner_20130718_085854.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130718_085854.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 105
  • ForumRunner_20130718_085823.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130718_085823.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 97

kandiekj100

@kandiekj100 thank you SO much for that break down!!! I tried your method last night.. I think my hair is still too short to pull off rolling the perm rods all the way up, because I had a TIGHT curly fro LOL. I blasted my roots with the blowdryer to stretch my length a bit. But I do really love the curls!!! :yep: I will try it again this weekend and roll the rods halfway.

tapioca_pudding

Glad it (mostly) worked for you!! I really miss my natural hair at times, so this gave me some of what I was missing - curls and shrinkage. I don't know how tight, it was but by the ALL CAPS, it seems like it might have been to the scalp tight, but the idea of having a curly fro sounds cool too. Like you could have put a scarf or wrap around headbands (the long black stretchy ones) and rocked a puff.

Mande30

sunnieb Very Nice! Your bantu knots look so neat and organized. Maybe this was my problem, no organiztion, was in a hurry. I think that with your thickness and length you would have an awesome braid out.

sunnieb

Very Nice! Your bantu knots look so neat and organized. Maybe this was my problem, no organiztion, was in a hurry. I think that with your thickness and length you would have an awesome braid out.

Mande30 - Thank you! :grin:

I think I'll end up doing a braidout soon and I'll post pics. It's just so much wooooooorrrrkkkkkk to put the braids in. :sad:

Babysaffy

HoneyBee thanks so much!! Just seen your post this morning. I can't always see mentions as I usually use the LHCF phone app.

These splits are plaguing me lately! I'm going to check out those products and maybe need a professional trim- I've been self trimming and dusting for years now.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
sunnieb, I pretty much braid my hair every night now. I don't wear it in a braidout but I like the wave / texture as it makes my styles fuller. Most time I go for 2 big plaits but sometimes I'll go for 4 - 6 plaits if time permits.

sunnieb

divachyk yep, I braid the bottom of my hair all the time. Makes for some juicilicious buns! :grin:

I just get lazy when it comes to doing real braids - from the roots on out. Maybe I need to teach dh to braid so he could do them for me like my mommy used to. :)

Mahsiah

Yeah I know I look a mess in some of these photos :lachen:

braidouts/the last 2 were days old

rollersets

flexi rod sets, the first one wasn't all the way dried

perm rod set

air dried relaxed hair

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

I take horrible pictures so bare with me :look: :lachen:

Flexi Rod set..excuse me looking a mess.that was my morning face...

Combed out braidout...

3 flexi rods set..I was suffering a major eczema outbreak..excuse my tight eyes :lachen:

Air dried poofy relaxed hair..

Flexi rod set that didn't dry all the way..

Rollerset...

A failed perm rod mess :lachen:

A 2/3 day old braidout

Messiah was some of these different parts of your Hj?

Lilmama1011

I take horrible pictures so bare with me :look: :lachen:

Flexi Rod set..excuse me looking a mess.that was my morning face...

Combed out braidout...

3 flexi rods set..I was suffering a major eczema outbreak..excuse my tight eyes :lachen:

Air dried poofy relaxed hair..

Flexi rod set that didn't dry all the way..

Rollerset...

A failed perm rod mess :lachen:

A 2/3 day old braidout

Because the fifth one looks like your hair is way shorter than the rest of the picks, your hair is pretty. I do the four flexi rod sets, sometimes to when I do two ponytails and want just curls at the end and the rest is straight ish. Starting to like that better than the four. The front comes out nicely curled but my back gives me trouble because Its shorter because I suffered a set back from a couple of months ago. It's not that short but it seems not to be as curl because I probably don't full wrap the ends all the way so it come out slightly crinkled and on the curl

Mahsiah

Because the fifth one looks like your hair is way shorter than the rest of the picks, your hair is pretty. I do the four flexi rod sets, sometimes to when I do two ponytails and want just curls at the end and the rest is straight ish. Starting to like that better than the four. The front comes out nicely curled but my back gives me trouble because Its shorter because I suffered a set back from a couple of months ago. It's not that short but it seems not to be as curl because I probably don't full wrap the ends all the way so it come out slightly crinkled and on the curl

The fifth was about a month ago, it's actually more recent than the others. I think my hair looked shorter because of I washed it that day/shrinkage. Also, part of my hair was pulled back as a "Style".

and thanks

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Pretty hair, Mahsiah! And you are so cute, you look like my little cousin.

I def had that same Audrey poster in my college dorm days :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

LaurenMechelle

Here's a bunch of non-straight styles I've done on my BSL relaxed hair:

I use a 50/50 mixture of gel & conditioner to cornrow my hair while soaking wet, then sleep on it overnight with curlformers on the ends.

I let my hair airdry for 1-2 hours, then put it up in bantu knots & sleep on it overnight.

I blowdry my hair until it's 70% dry, then put it up into bantu knots without twisting the hair - more like wrapping it around itself, then sleep on it overnight.

I started with dirty, blowdried hair, then spritzed it with water to get it slightly (SLIGHTLY) damp. Then put it up in bantu knots, and dried under a bonnet dryer for 45 minutes. After they fully cooled, I took them out & finger combed.

I used a light hold cream gel on soaking wet hair & put in Curlformers, then slept on them overnight. Left & middle are extra-wide curlformers, right is wide curlformers.

Started with dirty, blowdried hair, and used caruso steam rollers. I hit them with a 5 second hot, then cool blast of air to dry up any steam & set the curl before taking them down.

I went to the Made in America festival & didn't want to have to worry about my hair - this never-ending french bun was perfect. I followed this tutorial on YouTube. Took me a solid hour to figure it out, braiding backwards on yourself is HARD.

I had 15 minutes to style my dirty hair before a fancy dinner - this is a side french braid, with the end curled around itself at the end, kind of like a snail shell.

Last edited: