Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

sandy100

Hey!

16 weeks is no joke! I love Design Essentials. I've been using it for almost 10 years now. Can't wait for your pics!

Well, I've changed my Mind. I've decided to give up on relaxers. I don't have anything against relaxers, just how they are applied. At one salon I was going to the stylist didn't wash the relaxer out properly and it caused breakage at the back nape. My hair broke off so badly in that area til and I'm just not going to deal with that issue any longer. I feel I will have more control concerning my hair's health by eliminating that variable. I figured out what happen: Most stylist will wrap your neck with a towel and wrap the plastic cape around that. Then they apply the relaxer, ok ,then they take you to the wash bowl and rinse out the relaxer, but they leave that relaxer-soil towel around your neck so that relaxer gets back in your hair or the towel rides up and the hair at the nape is not washed properly. I'm just finished with it all. One stylist I use to go to would always change out the towel with a fresh one after rinsing the relaxer out and I didn't experience that problem.

LushLox

Well, I've changed my Mind. I've decided to give up on relaxers. I don't have anything against relaxers, just how they are applied. At one salon I was going to the stylist didn't wash the relaxer out properly and it caused breakage at the back nape. My hair broke off so badly in that area til and I'm just not going to deal with that issue any longer. I feel I will have more control concerning my hair's health by eliminating that variable. I figured out what happen: Most stylist will wrap your neck with a towel and wrap the plastic cape around that. Then they apply the relaxer, ok ,then they take you to the wash bowl and rinse out the relaxer, but they leave that relaxer-soil towel around your neck so that relaxer gets back in your hair or the towel rides up and the hair at the nape is not washed properly. I'm just finished with it all. One stylist I use to go to would always change out the towel with a fresh one after rinsing the relaxer out and I didn't experience that problem.

Sorry to hear of your experiences. Have you ever thought about self relaxing?

LushLox

Hanging in there!

I've perfected a braidout/twistout look that covers up the damage. I'm taking hair pics to stay focused and track my progress. :)

Only a matter of time until your back to business as usual lol

I relaxed yesterday. going for 10-12 weeks.

I've read that you're transitioning, going to miss you on this thread, but wish you the best of luck doll!

Evolving78

Only a matter of time until your back to business as usual lol

I've read that you're transitioning, going to miss you on this thread, but wish you the best of luck doll!
I’m still gonna hang out here! I just have too much of my scalp exposed. I was able to get a good look after the touch up, since you can’t see anything with all of that new growth, and I will need 2-4 inches away from the scalp in order to be able to relax and not cause irritation.

sunnieb

Yeah I don’t want to, but I don’t have a choice. Hopefully I will be back! I will consider it a long stretch..

I've actually been thinking of this myself. Not transitioning, but stretching for a loooong time. Remember when Sylver2 did that one year stretch? I read that album so many times! I remember everything she did and think I can pull it off.

This is the most damage my hair has ever suffered. The relaxer didn't do it, but I'm not ready to think of relaxing again for quite some time.

Evolving78

I don’t know w
I've actually been thinking of this myself. Not transitioning, but stretching for a loooong time. Remember when Sylver2 did that one year stretch? I read that album so many times! I remember everything she did and think I can pull it off.

This is the most damage my hair has ever suffered. The relaxer didn't do it, but I'm not ready to think of relaxing again for quite some time.
is her album still around?

MzSwift

Would you BKT or something similar in the meantime?

Evolving78

She used to love NTM Silk Moisturiser, and Rusk Smoother didn't she. She was a big advocate of keeping the hair/roots flat at all times with very little combing.
I bought those back in the day and still have NTM silk.. I can’t use none of that.. maybe when my hair is different? I have found a holy grail product, but I have to use it a few more times before I go shouting about it! I don’t wanna spread rumors! Lol
I just put a bunch of products in a plastic bag that I’m going to give to my neighbor.

Aggie

I’m still gonna hang out here! I just have too much of my scalp exposed. I was able to get a good look after the touch up, since you can’t see anything with all of that new growth, and I will need 2-4 inches away from the scalp in order to be able to relax and not cause irritation.
Wow! So sorry to hear this @shortdub78. I sure hope your scalp and hair recover soon.

greenmetro99

Hey, Oh NO! I would be bald by next week, LOL. I strongly feel it's time for me to go natural. This is for health reasons also, because using chemicals in your head can't be good in any way. it's just bad, and down the road, years from now is the payday from years of using these chemicals.
Using relaxer isn't any worse than using nail polish, tooth paste, deodorant, eating processed foods, and breathing air. I know 80 year old Black women with relaxers and they are perfectly fine.

Aggie

17 weeks post tomorrow. I guess I'm going for either 20 or 26 weeks. Not sure which yet though. I really need a hair cut badly before the next texlaxer so I will be looking for someone who can take 3-4 inches off but no more than that.