Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

MzSwift

8 weeks post. 6 weeks to go.

Living in a bun for the rest of the year for maximum retention.

I think we are on the same page.
I've been in straight back cornrows bunned for almost the past month and I think it's paying off. I just decided that a personal goal for me is to not wear my hair out until I'm around MBL again. If I need to wear it out, I'll throw in some minitwists and wear those bunned 95% . I'm committing to the cornrows until the EOTY.

sunnieb

I think we are on the same page.
I've been in straight back cornrows bunned for almost the past month and I think it's paying off. I just decided that a personal goal for me is to not wear my hair out until I'm around MBL again. If I need to wear it out, I'll throw in some minitwists and wear those bunned 95% . I'm committing to the cornrows until the EOTY.

Yep! I'm doing my own "hide your hair challenge". :)

Just got an email that I need to take a new picture for my work ID this week. No problem. I'll wear a bun to work and just unleash my hair for the pic. Then back in a bun.

I learned NOT to take ID pics in a bun years ago. I was stuck for 2 years with a pic of me looking like I was bald. Lesson learned!

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
I used ORS hair mayo a few days before my appointment and my hair dresser couldn't say enough good things about it! I guess I really needed a protein treatment.

My hair dresser is retiring this year and is trying to find me someone new. It's too bad, I've been with her since a short time after I moved to England in 2009.

sunnieb

9 weeks post. 5 to go.

I can tell I'm doing good with my moisture/ protein balance. Stretches don't feel like stretches because my hair is behaving. I'm still dealing with a good layer of newgrowth, but moisturized newgrowth is way easier than dry, crackly newgrowth that's matted.

sunnieb

10 weeks post and relaxing in 4 weeks.

I like that dealing with a ton of newgrowth gets easier wirh each stretch. I'll see how this relaxer cycle goes, then I'm thinking of going back to 16 week stretches.

Reading through my old posts, 16 weeks was the norm for me for a while.

LushLox

Just 3 weeks post. Will relax at 12 or 16. I switched back to Phytospecific #2 and don’t know why I ever stopped. I like that it’s straight but still have a little texture.

I haven’t heard Phytospecific relaxer mentioned in a hot minute. I tried it once but it was a disaster but then my self relaxing skills weren’t great then.

Glad it’s working for you!

LushLox

I'm going into air drying mode now, I've been using heat a bit too much.

I'm relaxing in 3/4 weeks, straight air drying until then, and beyond for a while although I will sit under the hood dryer now and again.

That should bring me to around 16-18 weeks post.

sunnieb

12 weeks post today. Newgrowth trying to show out a little, but I can handle it. Plan to relax in 2 weeks, but may go ahead and stretch to 16 weeks if my hair is up to it.

@LushLox learning to airdry my hair properly is another one of those LHCF core hair principles that took my retention to another level. I used to own every heat device on the market! :spinning:

Now, the only hair device I have that heats is a hood dryer. :)

sweetiep

5 weeks post and still tracking to 12 or 16 weeks. After all these years, I see now that my over use of heat had been my major problem. I’m pretty much only using heat for deep conditioning now. I will probably use either the flat iron or blow dryer a couple times a year.

LushLox

12 weeks post today. Newgrowth trying to show out a little, but I can handle it. Plan to relax in 2 weeks, but may go ahead and stretch to 16 weeks if my hair is up to it.

@LushLox learning to airdry my hair properly is another one of those LHCF core hair principles that took my retention to another level. I used to own every heat device on the market! :spinning:

Now, the only hair device I have that heats is a hood dryer. :)

Oh I'm actually really good at air drying, I don't even need to do much to it, it just behaves and dries quite nicely! It's more a case of trying out new tools, wanting an easy, straight style for a few weeks etc.

That ends now, I'm air drying all the way, and will be for the foreseeable future. And I will up my over all care. I think my hair is okay, I don't think there's any damage but I'm going to just get on top of things before any potential damage happens.

sunnieb

13 weeks post today. Going to stretch to 15 weeks and relax 4th of July weekend.

My hair is doing pretty good and I hope to get back to 16 week stretches after this relaxer cycle. Would be much easier to stretch longer if I had my BSL hair back. Oh well. Gotta have patience!

MzSwift

Would be much easier to stretch longer if I had my BSL hair back. Oh well. Gotta have patience!