Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Lilmama1011

I will be cutting my hair yet again to thicken the hemline and remove as many split ends as I can. Komaza advised I do it gradually but I rather end the bleeding now.

I am 13 weeks post and will continue my stretch for however long my hair cooperates. Removing the relaxer out of the equation will help with process of elimination for uncovering the cause of my issue.

Cutting my hair will also remove relaxed ends and leave me with more texlaxed hair than relaxed hair.

Wow, that sucks

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Lilmama1011 I suppose it can be viewed that way but I'm gonna flip this and find the positive. I will remove relaxed ends which I was gonna do anyway. Plus, it's teaching me how to stretch which I haven't done the best at in the past. So, all hope isn't lost. There are some positives to be had.

Evolving78

I will be cutting my hair yet again to thicken the hemline and remove as many split ends as I can. Komaza advised I do it gradually but I rather end the bleeding now. I am 13 weeks post and will continue my stretch for however long my hair cooperates. Removing the relaxer out of the equation will help with process of elimination for uncovering the cause of my issue. Cutting my hair will also remove relaxed ends and leave me with more texlaxed hair than relaxed hair.
that's the route I'm going! I'm glad you had a good wash day!

Evolving78

Lilmama1011 I suppose it can be viewed that way but I'm gonna flip this and find the positive. I will remove relaxed ends which I was gonna do anyway. Plus, it's teaching me how to stretch which I haven't done the best at in the past. So, all hope isn't lost. There are some positives to be had.
the longest I have stretched was 14-16 weeks. I will be on week 11 soon. I think I have found some practices and products that are going to see me through this!

divachyk

shortdub78, me too. Applying shampoo to dry hair was an excellent idea that I borrowed from rileypak.

Heat styling is a must for my hair at this point. Air drying is too hit or miss.

I sat with all my hanging down under the hooded dryer for 30 mins. I then detangled and it was a breeze. This may help my complaints of flexis & rollersets take too long to mess them up in a few days with going to the gym. eta: It should help with detangling and taming my ng. I just hope my good streak last until Dec. Heck, I would even take through the end of Nov.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I will be cutting my hair yet again to thicken the hemline and remove as many split ends as I can. Komaza advised I do it gradually but I rather end the bleeding now. I am 13 weeks post and will continue my stretch for however long my hair cooperates. Removing the relaxer out of the equation will help with process of elimination for uncovering the cause of my issue. Cutting my hair will also remove relaxed ends and leave me with more texlaxed hair than relaxed hair.

I'm really happy for you. That Komaza was a real game changer for you. I'm glad they convinced you to use more protein because that's definitely a key to healthy hair and stretching. As you move on, you will have less splits and understand what to do more.

I was talking to my sister yesterday as she cut a huge chunk of her hair off and asked why I don't do more twist outs. I said because if I air dry my hair, I get more splits though air drying is easier. To avoid splits, I have to blow dry my hair and it becomes too much work. So you may need to play with techniques because you shouldn't have so many splits if you have to cut more than an inch.

Either way, I'm happy your making progress.

divachyk

Saludable84, TY! My ng behaves so long as I don't let it get too dry. Why does protein help with stretching when it's the ng that usually becomes the source of my issue? I guess I don't understand the correlation. My length usually is never the issue when stretching which protein is mainly geared toward, right? Am I over thinking the protein thing?

eta: I never apply protein to my ng. So are you saying protein will help strengthen the line of demarcation, thus minimizing breakage potential while stretching?

Last edited:

NGraceO

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'll be hitting 12 weeks this Friday, and plan on relaxing this weekend. Im proud that I actually stuck to my word about decreasing the length of my stretch this time.

I will relax, and go right back to wigging it.

uuughhhh, but the process of relaxing is just SO time and energy consuming.

LOL…im so indecisive.

naturalagain2

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 17 weeks post

When is your next touch up? Hopefully on Friday (Will be 18 weeks then)

What relaxer will you use? Affirm Sensitive Scalp Relaxer

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Salon

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I will be cutting my hair yet again to thicken the hemline and remove as many split ends as I can. Komaza advised I do it gradually but I rather end the bleeding now.

I am 13 weeks post and will continue my stretch for however long my hair cooperates. Removing the relaxer out of the equation will help with process of elimination for uncovering the cause of my issue.

Cutting my hair will also remove relaxed ends and leave me with more texlaxed hair than relaxed hair.

Whaaaaaaat?! Wait, why??? Isn't that why you did all the bunning and PS? There's no way you would need a cut.

Last edited:

iLurk

Just reading through and thanking some of the suggestions here. I am beginning to wonder if the long stretches are really that beneficial to me afterall. When I wash my hair I see so many hairs in the drain strainer. I think most of them are shed hairs but I seem to see less of it when I'm newly relaxed or straightened vs several weeks post.

divachyk

Ahhhhh gotcha!!

So yeah, it's pointless for me to have long hair. I use to wear my hair down all the time. I'd love to regain that ability but I cannot get my face to cooperate for any length of time to enjoy it. I've been to dermatologists, etc but it's just a problem I battle (hormonal/stress related). I backed off bunning just in case that was causing thinning. I'm now doing braids and twists to take strain and stress off the areas that have been exposed to bunning. pre_medicalrulz

divachyk

Stretching really minimizes the previously relaxed hair's exposure to relaxer runoff and minimizes the potential for overlapping. However, when breakage becomes too unreasonable, ending the stretch is not a bad option. I love shower detangling because it's easier but it's also harder to tell if the hair's are shed or breakage. iLurk

iLurk

divachyk I do inspect some of the hairs by looking and even running my fingers through both ends to see and try to feel a bulb and it seems the case for most of the hairs. But since you do say that it may be a sign its time for the stretch to end. I'll be relaxing next week anyway though. I've been trying to keep my number of relaxers per year to a minimum and this will be my 3rd time and probably my final one.

greenandchic

Saludable84 @divachyk

What do you use to blow dry your hair with? I've been using Tresemme Thermal Creations as a heat protectant but I feel I need something creamier...

PureSilver

9 weeks post as of yesterday. Is it a good time to color my hair black?

Evolving78

So yeah, it's pointless for me to have long hair. I use to wear my hair down all the time. I'd love to regain that ability but I cannot get my face to cooperate for any length of time to enjoy it. I've been to dermatologists, etc but it's just a problem I battle (hormonal/stress related). I backed off bunning just in case that was causing thinning. I'm now doing braids and twists to take strain and stress off the areas that have been exposed to bunning. pre_medicalrulz
you are beautiful! You have such a pretty brown complexion and I'm not just saying that! You look exotic! Wear that hair down girl! It could be diet as well causing hormonal imbalance. But I'm telling you, your skin looks fine!

Last edited:

Evolving78

divachyk I do inspect some of the hairs by looking and even running my fingers through both ends to see and try to feel a bulb and it seems the case for most of the hairs. But since you do say that it may be a sign its time for the stretch to end. I'll be relaxing next week anyway though. I've been trying to keep my number of relaxers per year to a minimum and this will be my 3rd time and probably my final one.
have u tried a protein treatment?

Evolving78

shortdub78, me too. Applying shampoo to dry hair was an excellent idea that I borrowed from rileypak. Heat styling is a must for my hair at this point. Air drying is too hit or miss. I sat with all my hanging down under the hooded dryer for 30 mins. I then detangled and it was a breeze. This may help my complaints of flexis & rollersets take too long to mess them up in a few days with going to the gym. eta: It should help with detangling and taming my ng. I just hope my good streak last until Dec. Heck, I would even take through the end of Nov.
I would like to try that but I rinse out the prepoo, then I do a protein treatment. I wash my hair after the treatment.

divachyk

iLurk, I don't inspect mine although I should. I do spot check those I lose out of the shower.

shortdub78, ahhhh thank you. I truly appreciate the compliment. My skin is definitely controlled by life occurrence. It had settled down but it flared back up after my dh's motorcycle wreck. After it flares up, it takes forever for it to settle back down. Toss in dh's annual PET/CT's, I'm just a never ending ball of anxiety.

greenandchic, why are you thinking you need creamier? I use a liquid - Pureology 21 Benefits. I previously was using Design Essentials H20. Both prods came recommended by stylists.

divachyk

I would like to try that but I rinse out the prepoo, then I do a protein treatment. I wash my hair after the treatment.

shortdub78 I oiled my hair Saturday night. I applied conditioner on top on yesterday for like 30 mins. On oil/conditioner soaked hair, I applied the shampoo, rinsed. I applied my protein, let it sit, rinsed and then moved to DCing. Would that process work?

Evolving78

shortdub78 I oiled my hair Saturday night. I applied conditioner on top on yesterday for like 30 mins. On oil/conditioner soaked hair, I applied the shampoo, rinsed. I applied my protein, let it sit, rinsed and then moved to DCing. Would that process work?
ok I will try that! Do you know of a protein treatment that is strong, or stronger than aphogee 2 minute? I have been using that ever wash. I'm having a good wash day so far. Conditioning right now with the silicon mix.

Last edited:

divachyk

ok I will try that! Do you know of a protein treatment that is strong, or stronger than aphogee 2 minute? I have been using that ever wash. I'm having a good wash day so far. Conditioning right now with the silicon mix.

shortdub78 have you tried Aubrey Organics GPB? It can be used on wet or dry hair. Yay for good wash days!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Saludable84, TY! My ng behaves so long as I don't let it get too dry. Why does protein help with stretching when it's the ng that usually becomes the source of my issue? I guess I don't understand the correlation. My length usually is never the issue when stretching which protein is mainly geared toward, right? Am I over thinking the protein thing? eta: I never apply protein to my ng. So are you saying protein will help strengthen the line of demarcation, thus minimizing breakage potential while stretching?

Yes ma'am. If that area is not strengthened then you'll continue to have breakage. You don't necessarily have to increase protein, just make it a priority after a certain amount of weeks post. The more Texlaxed you get, the less it will break.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Saludable84 @divachyk What do you use to blow dry your hair with? I've been using Tresemme Thermal Creations as a heat protectant but I feel I need something creamier...

Lately I've been using IC Fantasia heat protectant in the pink bottle. It's light and doesn't dry out my hair. When I use creams or serums to blow dry, it leaves my hair dry and/or sticky.