Relaxer Stretching CHALLENGE!

gottabme247

I'm in.

Last relaxer: May 28th
Currently 7 wks post
Will not get a relaxer until August 20th (12 wks post)
Dh is already tired of my buns and phony ponies :lachen:

One day he opened my hair drawer and said."who are you??"
I said, "whoever yu want me to b baby!":lachen:

mezzogirl

Gotta keep ya'll in check! No slackin in these here parts! :whip:

The challenge starts NOW! So however long it's been since your last relaxer, count that towards the stretch. There will be no waiting until your next relaxer to join! What kind of dog and pony show do you think this is???? :spank:

:lachen:
You are hillarious!:lachen::lachen:

I will be relaxing this week but will start my stretch on July 24th. I will relax again on October 24th. (twelve weeks)

Last edited:

Simply_Kelz

Question:

So when we all hit touch-up time, will the challenge continue? Or does it end whenever the stretch ends? Cuz I'd love to shoot for 16 weeks next time ..

TG2000

I am still a newbie, and I may need advice on what to do. These are my plans for the challenge.

Current Status: 7 wks post

Last Relaxer Stretch: 12 wks

Relaxer Stretch Challenge commitment will be: 16 wks :look: (i'm so scurred!!!)

Next relaxer date will be: 18-SEPT-2008

RegaLady

I'm in!
My last relaxer was June 23. I stretched 12 weeks before then.(march 29th-June 23rd):grin:
So I will be getting my next relaxer on sept 15th!

wannabelong

I'm thinking about joining. I have a question...can I stretch using a weave or is that cheating? :look:

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm thinking about joining. I have a question...I can I stretch using a weave or is that cheating? :look:

Get it how you live!

If you gotta weave it up, braid it up, wig it up, go for it! As long as it helps you stretch, it's all good :yep:

tiffers

Question:

So when we all hit touch-up time, will the challenge continue? Or does it end whenever the stretch ends? Cuz I'd love to shoot for 16 weeks next time ..

Hmmm... That's a good question :scratchch

I guess till the end of the year, maybe?

lexi84

I'll join:drunk:

My last relaxer was on July 10th

I usually relax every 8wks.... :look:

I want to stretch to 12 this time

I will relax on October 2nd. Wish me luck!!!! :yep:

wannabelong

Get it how you live!

If you gotta weave it up, braid it up, wig it up, go for it! As long as it helps you stretch, it's all good :yep:

I apologize for the typo.

In that case, I'm down.

My last relaxer was June 6 and I'm 6 weeks post.

I usually stretch for 12 weeks.

I'm stretching for 17 weeks, so my relax date is October 3.

kittie43

Hey I'm in, this sounds like a good challenge.

-Current Status: 4 weeks post

-Original Stretch Time: 10 Weeks

-New Relaxer Stretch Challenge Time: 16 weeks

-Potential Relaxer Date: October 11, 2008

-Stretching Advice Needed: I need to figure out how to maintain the moisture in my hair. I already co wash daily and I dc once a week but I notice that by 8 weeks by hair starts to become brittle.

tiffers

-Stretching Advice Needed: I need to figure out how to maintain the moisture in my hair. I already co wash daily and I dc once a week but I notice that by 8 weeks by hair starts to become brittle.

Once your hair gets to the dry stage, up your dc'ing to two to three times a week. Co washing is great, but dc'ing actually gets moisture into the pores of your hair, which'll combat the dryness :yep:

tiffers

I know ya'll are probably sick of me and my 568 challenges :giggle: but I love being in challenges cause, well, they're a challenge! That and my hair always benefits :yep: :grin:

So the rules of this challenge are:

Rule #1-Add 4-6 weeks to your usual stretch time

I normally go six weeks. My last relaxer was on June 21st.

Rule #2-Post how long you normally stretch and how long you'll be stretching for this challenge. Also post the date that you'll be getting your relaxer after the stretch

I am shooting for 13 weeks this time. I am trying to move to a four relaxers a year schedule with my last relaxer of the calendar year being approximately 2 weeks before Christmas. So, this time I am going for 13 weeks and next time I will do 12. After that I will switch back to 13 weeks. My next relaxer date should be September 20th.

Rule #3-If you need any help with stretching, ask questions here or in the "Relaxer Stretchers Support Thread" or something like that :look:

I am planning to do my turbie twist steam treatment once a week, continue to rollerset, and put as little stress on my hair as possible.

Rule #4-Don't join if ya can't hang! If you drop out of the challenge, you will be banned from LHCF forever!!!! J/k! (or am I? :evillaugh: )

One thing that could interfere with this challenge is that I am on the (academic) job market this year. I can't go on interviews with jacked up hair. So, if I have an interview and I am toward the end of my stretch period, I may have to relax my hair. And, if you get me kicked off LHCF, I am coming to your house and help my little friend pour your Bee Mine down the sink!:look:

:blush: You play dirty! That's not fair!!! :lachen: :lachen:

shavon81

How do you keep your hair from breaking while doing the stretch? I think my hair is just too darn nappy to make :ohwell:

Simply_Kelz

How do you keep your hair from breaking while doing the stretch? I think my hair is just too darn nappy to make :ohwell:

I'm telling you, cowashing made my brillo pad new growth feel like no other. And all the DC's you hair can drink. Make sure you apply it to the roots. The key is moisture.

shavon81

Thanks for helping me KelleCarter. I'm new. what do you do with your hair after washing it. I dont know how to roller set, blow dry. I am a slave to the salon and I go once a week. Help!!!!This is all so new to me.

tiffers

Thanks for helping me KelleCarter. I'm new. what do you do with your hair after washing it. I dont know how to roller set, blow dry. I am a slave to the salon and I go once a week. Help!!!!This is all so new to me.

After you wash or condition your hair, you apply a leave-in. Then you can airdry in a bun, or do a twistout or braidout (instuctions for these styles can be found at www.motowngirl.com )

You don't have to know how to rollerset right now, just concentrate on learning the basics.

First lesson: Blowdrying shouldn't be done often. Limited heat is the key to having healthy hair. Either airdry or dry under a hood dryer

To keep newgrowth soft and in control, up your deep conditioning to twice a week. And don't just dc for 15 minutes, 30 minutes or more will REALLY get the job done :yep:

After you're hear long enough, you won't have to depend on no stinkin, scissor happy, ignorant stylists! (I'm anti-stylist, if you can't tell :giggle: )

Tamrin

unapologetic
Im gonna join you ladies.

-Current Status: 2 weeks post

-Last Stretch Time: 6 months

-Original Stretch Goal: 6 months

-New Relaxer Stretch Challenge Goal: 7 months

-Potential Relaxer Date: Feb 7, 2008

-Stretching Advice To Share: Co-wash daily and moisturize!

-Stretching Advice Needed: I'd like to know if and how any of you ladies are stretching using using different hair styles. Im bored with buns and braid outs.

I'm joining for thicker and healthier hair.

MizzBrown

Im gonna join you ladies.

-Last Stretch Time: 6 months

-Original Stretch Goal: 6 months

-New Relaxer Stretch Challenge Goal: 7 months

-Potential Relaxer Date: Feb 7, 2008

-Stretching Advice To Share: Co-wash daily and moisturize!

-Stretching Advice Needed: I'd like to know if and how any of you ladies are stretching using using different hair styles. Im bored with buns and braid outs.

I'm joining for thicker and healthier hair.

How in the heck did you stretch for 6 months??? I can't do a braid out. My hair isnt long enough to bun. I have to do rollersets, pinup my hair after doing scarf method to lay down the naps and thats all i can do.

What do u use to moisturize? I see you co-wash daily i know that helped u.

soulie

Willing to try, will need a lot of help :ohwell:

-Last Stretch Time: no "last time" - this was virgin relaxer

-Original Stretch Goal: never went longer than 10 weeks before

-New Relaxer Stretch Challenge Goal: trying for 5 months (please tell me if this is realistic!)

-Potential Relaxer Date: December 4, 2008

-Stretching Advice To Share: Don't BUY the relaxer until it is time to use it; otherwise frustration could lead to end of stretch!

-Stretching Advice Needed: 1) I don't know if my goal is realistic. Here is my dilemma. I leave on 3 week beach vacation on December 13 and I want to go with relatively fresh relaxer. If I stretch until October, then I would leave with 2 months of NG or I would not stretch long enough next time...

2) Does anyone know a place to buy cheap combs? My NG will RIP the teeth out of some combs.... :lachen:

Simply_Kelz

Willing to try, will need a lot of help :ohwell:

-Last Stretch Time: no "last time" - this was virgin relaxer

-Original Stretch Goal: never went longer than 10 weeks before

-New Relaxer Stretch Challenge Goal: trying for 5 months (please tell me if this is realistic!)

-Potential Relaxer Date: December 4, 2008

-Stretching Advice To Share: Don't BUY the relaxer until it is time to use it; otherwise frustration could lead to end of stretch!

-Stretching Advice Needed: 1) I don't know if my goal is realistic. Here is my dilemma. I leave on 3 week beach vacation on December 13 and I want to go with relatively fresh relaxer. If I stretch until October, then I would leave with 2 months of NG or I would not stretch long enough next time...

2) Does anyone know a place to buy cheap combs? My NG will RIP the teeth out of some combs.... :lachen:

Yes, it is very realistic. Some people have stretched for a year! About the combs, I honestly can't remember the last time I combed my new growth when it wasn't wet and conditioned, or being combed with a shower comb.

metro_qt

I'm in.

Current Status- 6 months stretched.

Normal Stretch time- Right around now

Goal-6 more weeks of stretching to make end date of September 6th 08

MizzBrown

Checkin in..

-10 weeks post and I's gettin real tired of washing my hair. Tried to pull it back in a ponytail last week and just about broke the barrette. Too much thickness....how the hell am i gonna go 20 weeks?

I already broke out my headscarf/headband collection to hide the perimeter growth. It's getting mossy back there.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm going to try to join this stretch challenge. I am 3 and 1/2 weeks post and I am hoping to make it without relaxing until September. My short cut may make it close to impossible.:rolleyes: I wish I hadn't got the mushroom look.:blush: I can't twist my hair at this length, so I will most be doing roller sets and wraps. I am not a co washer anymore, but as my hair gets longer, I will attempt it again. It was suggested to me to relax in 6 weeks, but I am hoping to go the distance...12 weeks.

Tamrin

unapologetic
How in the heck did you stretch for 6 months??? I can't do a braid out. My hair isnt long enough to bun. I have to do rollersets, pinup my hair after doing scarf method to lay down the naps and thats all i can do.

What do u use to moisturize? I see you co-wash daily i know that helped u.

LOL.. I put in kinky twists for 4 months and co wash and bun and braid outs and wash and go for 2. I use Glycerine for moisture. Glycerine is God send for me. I mix it with water and a good leave in.

I have been using aloe Vera Juice and rose water with it now.

Eisani

:weird: You can do it!!!:weird:

I won't be joining this one Tiffers cuz I'm already 8 months post. Anymore stretching and I'll be danglin' off a cliff! I'm transitioning, but I will be making frequent stops to check everyone's progress and hopefully offer some tips/advice:yep: