F

FunJoy!

SIGN ME UP:

Current: 3 weeks post

Last Stretch: 14 weeks

New Stretch Goal: 25 weeks

Relaxer Date: June 10 2009

Advice: Co-washing is the BOMB

Advice wanted: After you are 4 months post...WHAT DO YOU DO?!!!

nycutiepie

SIGN ME UP:

Current: 3 weeks post

Last Stretch: 14 weeks

New Stretch Goal: 25 weeks

Relaxer Date: June 10 2009

Advice: Co-washing is the BOMB

Advice wanted: After you are 4 months post...WHAT DO YOU DO?!!!

My hair is EXACTLY 17 weeks post and this is the longest I've ever stretched. I've gone 16 weeks in the past and had problems but I changed it up this time and it's been great. I don't comb my hair except for wash days and my secret weapon this time has been to detangle BEFORE I wash. However, I mix up a pre-poo concoction of moisturizing conditioners and oil, part in 4 sections and apply it like a relaxer (with a brush). I comb thru each section after applying and all the shed hairs come out. I then cover with a plastic cap and let it sit for a while (i.e., 1hr plus) without heat. I then hop in the shower and do my regular routine but I'm careful not to tangle my hair up while washing/conditioning, etc. This has allowed me to go this far without any problems. I actually can go alot longer with this method but I want to relax in May for Memorial Vacation so I'm gonna give up the stretch this week probably. I hope this helps someone.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Sign me up, too! :yep:

I *know* we can do this!! :grouphug:

Current: 8 weeks post

Last Stretch: 12 weeks

New Stretch Goal: 20 weeks

Relaxer Date: April 15, 2009

Advice: Co-washing, air-drying, moisturizing, Deep Conditioning, periodic protein treatments, only comb when hair is drenched in conditioner in the shower, smooth with hands into a ponytail, sealing with coconut oil or grapeseed oil

Advice wanted: How do you keep the hair from breaking?

blessedandlucky

i washed my hair today and blowdryed it. airdrying is not my friend. it turned out great and feels manageable. maybe i can push it to 16 weeks...:) but i'm definitely still going for 12.

good luck, ladies. we can do it!

i think protein will prevent to reduce breaking. does anyone have any recommendations besides aphoghee? tia!

Last edited:

Aggie

i washed my hair today and blowdryed it. airdrying is not my friend. it turned out great and feels manageable. maybe i can push it to 16 weeks...:) but i'm definitely still going for 12.

good luck, ladies. we can do it!

i think protein will help to reduce breaking. does anyone have any recommendations besides aphoghee? tia!

Nexxus Emergencee (mild to moderate),
Ultra Sheen Duo tex (moderate),
CON Reconstructor (mild),
Affirm 5 in 1 (mild),
AtOne Reconstructor (mild),
Mizani Kerafuse ( moderate to hardcore),
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing Conditioner (mild)

blessedandlucky

Nexxus Emergencee (mild to moderate),
Ultra Sheen Duo tex (moderate),
CON Reconstructor (mild),
Affirm 5 in 1 (mild),
AtOne Reconstructor (mild),
Mizani Kerafuse ( moderate to hardcore),
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing Conditioner (mild)

thanks!:grin: i'm going to research the ao.

mistee11

I'm at 30 weeks post and have been able to keep a little bit of some hair on my head by wearing wigs and sew ins. It is very challenging to keep the relaxed hair from tangling. I just washed with ORS Creamy Aloe and conditioned with NTM Deep Recovery Mask and MT my hair and had a lot of tangles probably because I didn't comb or detangle hair after removing cornrows. Trying to maintain moisture balance so demarcation line won't cause breakage all the way down to the nub. :nono: I definitely am in the need for more products that can help keep this from happening. Currently I use Mega Tek and shea butter also cw with Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner or VO5 Moisture Milks. My daughter braided me some cornrows and will sew some peices in later on today. I'm off to bed.:sleeping:

tgrowe

I'm at 30 weeks post and have been able to keep a little bit of some hair on my head by wearing wigs and sew ins. It is very challenging to keep the relaxed hair from tangling. I just washed with ORS Creamy Aloe and conditioned with NTM Deep Recovery Mask and MT my hair and had a lot of tangles probably because I didn't comb or detangle hair after removing cornrows. Trying to maintain moisture balance so demarcation line won't cause breakage all the way down to the nub. :nono: I definitely am in the need for more products that can help keep this from happening. Currently I use Mega Tek and shea butter also cw with Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner or VO5 Moisture Milks. My daughter braided me some cornrows and will sew some peices in later on today. I'm off to bed.:sleeping:

30 weeks! Wow. Congrats. Just wondering: I know the Megatek is loaded with protein, but do you ever or still do protein treaments to make your hair stronger at the demarcation line? Or do you find that Megatek is enough and using a protein treatment like Emergencee or Aphogee Two step is too much. I am seriously thinking about transitioning and am currently gathering much ammo for the process if I do it.

Aggie

30 weeks! Wow. Congrats. Just wondering: I know the Megatek is loaded with protein, but do you ever or still do protein treaments to make your hair stronger at the demarcation line? Or do you find that Megatek is enough and using a protein treatment like Emergencee or Aphogee Two step is too much. I am seriously thinking about transitioning and am currently gathering much ammo for the process if I do it.

A great way to get some info on transitioning tgrowe is to stalk some fotkis of persons who are natural or are also well into their transitioning regimen:yep:.

ayoung

Joining!

Current: 4 weeks post

Longest stretch: 13 weeks

This goal: 16 weeks

Relax date: Sat. April 11th

Advice: low manip, moisture, protien, CW

Advice needed: Anyone stretching w/ rollersets? Last time I had to switch to braidouts/buns at about 10 weeks post, but I'd like to keep rollersetting...we will see!

I'm excited about this! My hair always does well when I take the time to stretch :yep:
U guys will be my motivation and inspiration!

hairsothick

Black and Magical
My last relaxer was on Dec. 19th after a 12 week stretch. This time around I am going to try and stretch until May, which would put me at around 20 wks or so. I hope I make it!

IWantBSl09

How is everyone holding up with their stretches? I'm like 13-14weeks post. I'm going for 26 weeks and I will be self-relaxing for the first time! Except I can't decide on whether to use Silk Elements Lye or ORS Lye!

SmartyPants

I have been consistently stretching anywhere from 9 to 11 weeks since September 2008 (I used to faithfully relax every 6 weeks). I am going for two 21 week stretches and after that relax every 17 weeks which would put me on a 3 relaxers per year schedule.

Ya'll pray for me because God knows I have no idea what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Aggie

I am currently at 8.5 weeks and have about 7-8 more to go. I usually stretch 10-12 weeks but I am trying to reach 15-16 weeks this time. I may have to put in some braids to help me get there though because I don't think I can do it without them.

ETA: I decided to stretch even longer for my texlax transition - 8 months or more to be exact.

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm doing nothing but buns. Bun cages, bun snoods, doughnut buns, cinnamon buns, buns, buns, buns!

I think a light-medium protein like Motions CPR or ORS Mayo would be good. They're creamy and don't dry you hair or make it hard :yep:

:lachen:Cinnamon buns?! Girl, U crazy!:lachen: I wonder if anyone stretches by twisting their own hair without extensions.

Last edited:

LushLox

I am currently at 8.5 weeks and have about 7-8 more to go. I usually stretch 10-12 weeks but I am trying to reach 15-16 weeks this time. I may have to put in some braids to help me get there though because I don't think I can do it without them.

I thought I read that you were transitioning, did you change your mind?

I'm only 5 weeks post, it seems helluva long climb to 20 weeks. :eek:

morehairplease

I self relaxed for the first time after a 4 1/2 month stretch on April 24th. This time around, my goal is to stretch for 5 months(even better if I can go for 6) before self-relaxing again.

Last edited:
I am currently at 9 weeks post. I normally relax around this time but I am thinking about either transitioning to natural or texlaxed...so I am going to see how long I can hold out. Its already getting kind of tough for me so we will see. :look:

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
Just relaxed March 14th I was 13 weeks post next relaxer june 20th for birthday OR full sew in

This sounds similar to me. I relaxed March 23rd after a 14 week stretch. I want to go another 14 and relax on my birthday, June 29th.

Aggie

I thought I read that you were transitioning, did you change your mind?

I'm only 5 weeks post, it seems helluva long climb to 20 weeks. :eek:

This is correct. The post here is an old post. I am transitioning to texlaxed hair though - not natural. I just decided to stretch even longer than the 16 weeks. I'm going for 8 months or longer this stretch.

Aggie

I self relaxed for the first time after a 4 1/2 month stretch on April 24th. This time around, my goal is to stretch for 5 months(even better if I can go for 6) before self-relaxing again.

hey MHP, have you joined the long relaxer stretchers challenge as yet? This would be a great for us both going for as long as 6 months or more. I am going for an 8 months stretch this time. My longest stretch to date is 21 and a half weeks.

morehairplease

hey MHP, have you joined the long relaxer stretchers challenge as yet? This would be a great for us both going for as long as 6 months or more. I am going for an 8 months stretch this time. My longest stretch to date is 21 and a half weeks.

Hey there sweetie,

Thanks so, so much for thinking of me. I am going to search the forum for the long relaxer stretchers challenge now.
:kiss2::bighug::kiss4:

lacreolegurl

Checking in ladies. I'm in week 20 of my stretch and have lots of new growth. I'm still trying to figure out how to work these 2 textures. I've been doing lots of cowashes and wash and goes. Today I did my old standby - braiding the front while bunning the back. I wish I could figure out what I want to do - perm in November or begin transitioning. I'm also in the no trim challenge so this could get interesting or scary.

vnaps

i thought i'd make it to 6 months but my hair has been breaking really bad because i have been neglecting it coz of other prioritise.

i am currently 18 weeks post and was left with 6 weeks to 6 months.

i will do a hard core aphogee protein treatment this week and texlax next week.

so i would have officially stretched for 19 weeks YAY!!!!

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am 34 weeks post right now (about 8.5 months) I am doing the C&G method. In one of my previous post I short changed myself and thought that I was only 7.5 months until I actually got a calendar out and counted. Anyway I am doing a 20 month stretch cause DH is going to Afgan and I am not relaxing in a sign of rebellion. I will of course continue to do the C&G and take care of my hair. I can not begin to imagine how long my hair will be when I finally (if I finally ) relax