Reniece contacted me!

thatscuteright

So I have been trying to get an appointment with Reniece and co for a while now and I received an email that they have opening as early as Thursday April 18 :clap:

I was all excited about it, and but now I am not sure if I want to pay that much for a weave when I know a great girl who does them for $50 and my hair will thrive just as well :ohwell:
I am conflicted now.

Enyo

I would try it. After all, you waited so long. If it's not worth the money, then don't go back.

kweenameena

If you're going to go through with the appointment....make sure you don't skimp on the hair. Bad hair for an expensive appointment is not the business.:nono: Make it worth it.

Btw, Reniece is amazing and a beautiful spirit!:yep:

thatscuteright

If you're going to go through with the appointment....make sure you don't skimp on the hair. Bad hair for an expensive appointment is not the business.:nono: Make it worth it.

I went ahead and booked the appointment :lol:
Whats a good quality hair to get. I am getting a full weave with a closure, straight. I want something in the 10-12 inn ch range.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
glad you booked it! She's an LHCF celeb. I know it will look great. I've only heard/read excellent reviews from members who have been to her. I think you'll be very pleased that you booked the appointment.

Pics please when it's done!

Incognitus

I've seen pics of Reniece's work on natural hair, but never her weave results. Anyone have any pics of her weave work?

naturalmanenyc

thatscuteright

Post pictures! I have not had a weave in ages but I've seen so many photos of Reniece's work that I would use her if she were in NYC.

My stylist retired and moved out of state. Fusion at my old salon was $500 and a sew in was $200 (no closure).

felic1

thatscuteright... I am real excited about your having an appointment and I live in Detroit. I do not wear weaves but I did read she was good with hair. Treat yourself. You waited for the appointment..Just do it. at least once:yep:

Seamonster

Oh my, I am so jealous. You are going to look fabulous. Please take a lot of pictures, and ask a lot of questions about how to grow healthy hair under your weave.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.

So true at the hair! OP you should have had that special blend malaysian peruvian unicorn ready and waiting lol j/k

I'm excited for you-what hair/style are u getting?

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

thatscuteright

So true at the hair! OP you should have had that special blend malaysian peruvian unicorn ready and waiting lol j/k

I'm excited for you-what hair/style are u getting?

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

:lol: I know right about the hair. I just hope whatever I am able to get is good enough for her special hands.

http://www.reniece.com/EZ-PhotoAlbum/Full_head_weave/FH800.html

Last edited:

Honi

There is no board.
I know you felt like you won the lottery. You may be able to get a weave for $50 bucks but trust it will not look like HER work. J/S.

Now go and don't forget to post pics.

Mane Event

Thanks for the update OP!

How long have you been trying to get an appointment with her? and are you local or flying in from out of town?

(I asked all the questions b/c I'm super jealous and very excited for you!)

ManeStreet

So I have been trying to get an appointment with Reniece and co for a while now and I received an email that they have opening as early as Thursday April 18 :clap:

I was all excited about it, and but now I am not sure if I want to pay that much for a weave when I know a great girl who does them for $50 and my hair will thrive just as well :ohwell:
I am conflicted now.

thatscuteright whats your $50 weave ladys info? Can u PM it to me?

thatscuteright

I just got home and I am too tired to do a proper review, but I wanted to post the results of my weave. I had an absolutely wonderful experience. It was the most gentle, caring treatment that I have ever received on my natural 4b/4c hair. I will do a proper review tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20130418_191721.jpg
    20130418_191721.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 530
  • 20130418_191751.jpg
    20130418_191751.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 467
  • 20130418_191833.jpg
    20130418_191833.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 477

kweenameena

I just got home and I am too tired to do a proper review, but I wanted to post the results of my weave. I had an absolutely wonderful experience. It was the most gentle, caring treatment that I have ever received on my natural 4b/4c hair. I will do a proper review tomorrow.

thatscuteright

Your name fits the response I was gonna give you. Your hair looks super cute!!!!

What kind of hair did you use?

Sorry I wasn't back in time to respond on what hair to use. I usually use EPRT.

thatscuteright

Thank you ladies for encouraging me to go because it was so worth every penny. My appointment was actually not with Reniece but with the junior stylist Shamira. I did not know who my stylist was going to be .

I have to say that no one has ever treated my hair the way that she has. She was even more gentle then I am with my hair. When I first arrived Shamira was waiting for me with a sweet smile :) The salon was very quiet, with maybe 2 other clients. She is a young lady about 24 with gorgeous natural hair. I say a combination of 3c and 4a from what I could tell because she had it in a doughnut bun. She took me into her station/room and asked me about my hair and goals. She gently finger detangled my hair because I had just removed two strand twists. She did not pull, tug, or use any force . She undid any single strand knots as well as tangles that she could find. Afterwards we walked over the shampoo station. She gently and I mean gently washed my hair, combed out and applied a conditioner. During the washing process, I did not feel a thing. No nails scratching my scalp, finger tip pressure, tugging, or pulling. Just pure gentleness. I asked her some questions and she recommended Treseme as a good detangler for my hair type. After the conditioner, she put a shower cap on my hair and placed me under the dryer for about 15 minutes. Afterwards she brought me back to the wash station and washed my hair with cold water to seal the cuticles. It was at this time that I met her twin who had a bomb wig with lacefront/silk closure that Shamira told me she did. I felt more at ease and and excited to have her working on my hair because the wig was too cute.

We went back to her room and she proceeded to blow dry my hair. I almost fell asleep because it could not feel a thing as it was so relaxing. I did not wince, have to hold my ear down,or hear any hair snapping and popping off. I mean it was the best blow drying experience that I have ever had.
Afterwards she asked where I wanted my part and began to braid my hair. She added the kanekalon hair to the small braids. Again I did not feel a thing when she was braiding. Just pure gentleness. After braiding, she put the tracks in, cut and styled my hair.

I bought Model Model Ego Remi Hair 2 packs, 12inches.
For next time she recommend that I try Halleys curls salon relaxed hair with a silk closure.

For the weave care , wash every 2-3 weeks with a diluted shampoo and conditioner applied with a nozzle. Every 2-3 days apply Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Style milk and to seal it with my sulfur oil mix that I told her about.
For my edges , apply Design Essential edge control after using JBCO.

As for my experience, I have never experienced anyone apply such TLC to my hair. I am hooked and I have decided to commit for 1 year to see how my hair will turn out.

Last edited:

intellectualuva

Soooooo jealous!!

I really want an appt. I have the money and the time and am dying to get in! *sigh* I keep checking the site. Your hair is gorgeous!!

LivingDoll

@thatscuteright

I'm so happy to know that you went to Shamira. She's doing my weave on the 27th. She was VERY, VERY sweet, friendly, and outgoing on the phone when she did my phone consultation. I'm so excited.

Last edited: