RollerSetting for Length/Health Challenge

Faith

Hey Ladies,

I have updated the participant list unfortunately I should probably take myself out of this one. I went back to braids. My rollersets just didn't look that good past day 1. I tried using satin rollers overnight but it didn't look great. I'm thinking I will try rollersetting once I get more length so the hair will fall more. I don't have 3b/c hair, it's very 4b so it just doesn't flow like some of your hairs past the 1st day. Ah well :ohwell:

But keep on keeping on ladies. Don't quit posting. I am still very interested in the whole rollersetting thing. I will revisit it once these braids are out and I have more length; maybe it will fall better.

sqzbly do you have pics. It sounds like you're happier now and that's what counts :)

BostonMaria, what's the "pineapple"?

Daephae, bunning is not bad..always better than if you had blowdried it or flatironed it ;) Are you using pins or do you use the snap on rollers? I have major issues with the pins. I prefer the duck bill clips.

Ok Ladies I added you to the list..if you're not there let me know.

:)

Last edited:

ayoung

Used my heat pass last night.....and I have gotten good growth from the rollersetting :yep:

If I don't screw up again--I think I'll be finally hitting APL :woot:

Update pics are at 8 weeks post and as I was flatironing

sqzbly1908

Used my heat pass last night.....and I have gotten good growth from the rollersetting :yep:

If I don't screw up again--I think I'll be finally hitting APL :woot:

Update pics are at 8 weeks post and as I was flatironing

Your hair looks good ...great progress both length and thickness...you will meet your goals in no time....

tonia682

ANyone with nape length hair doing this challenge? I'd love to join in, but having a hard time rollersetting on nape-length hair. Not quite sure how to rollerset either, so I'm going to just do trial and error here!

I just cut my CBL hair to NL for various reasons(A needed change and to even my hair). I wanna join this challenge starting this weekend if its still open. i am still trying to get the hang of rollersetting. I wish I had a Pibbs but all I have is a 1995 Lady Daisy that refuses to die:wallbash:.This should be interesting....:look:

Who: Relaxed
What: Rollersetting each wash.
When: My next wash
Why: My hair loves heat but I need to find alternative ways to style my new NL hair(No more pinning up or ponytails for a while)
Where: At home
How: Wash,DC,2 min. reconstructor, Lacio, GVP silk remedy and snap on rollers.

Faith

It's done in a couple weeks and I'm not sure I'll start another. Somebody else can if they want. At this point in my hair journey my hair is not really receptive to the rollersets. I'm hoping the ayurvedic regimen will make it less "tangly" and will smooth it out some so I can get better rollersets.

We'll do a final check in a couple weeks, I still want to see how you all did. It's inspiring :)

luvmesumhair

Hi

I am not in this challenge but I LOVE ROLLERSETTING!!!

Who: Relaxed
What: Rollersetting
When: After every Wash & DC. 1x a week. Sometimes 2xs.
Why: I notice my hair responds WAY BETTER with rollersetting. Seems that my hair is getting thicker and my ends LOVE it too!
Where: At home (I am so happy I mastered the art of rollersetting!)
How: DC (2 min Aphogee on dry hair), Poo w/WEN, Leave-in (WEN), Spray bottle (a little WEN, Oil and Hot Water), Magnetic rollers in the front, Wire rollers in the back.

BTW...I LOVE WIRE ROLLERS!!!

Last edited:

Marley4920

I have to drop out of this challenge. Rollersetting is just not working for me anymore. I'm ~8 weeks post and the manipulation to rollerset is causing more breakage than I would like to see plus my work and school schedule is hectic and I just dont have the time. Right now, I airdry and blow out the roots, if I am in a rush I wetbun with a phony poney until the next cowash and if I'm going out I blow dry and flat iron. So far this has been working... but we'll see how it goes. I will revisit this challenge later when I relax in May...

HHG Ladies!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
How did I miss this thread?! I studied macherie's dvd and bought my tools, now I'm ready to give rollersetting a shot.

brickhouse

I am joining too. I just ordered Salerm 21 which I used many years ago for my rollersetting and it made my hair so shiny.

Luscious850

I would love to join but the OT says that the challenge lasted only 3 months.. If there is a part 2 coming, count me in:grin:

ChcolatAquarius

Hello all,

Im new to the site and would like to join in on this challenge if it is not too late. I'm a little nervous because it seems like everyone knows so much around here but I'm up for the challenge. :yep:

I will try to post some pictures when I get home later.

Happy Rollersetting!!!!

Faith

Welcome LHCF ChcolatAquarius :)

This challenge is over unfortunately. But there is another rollersetting challenge that's still going on if you want to join that one :)