Sally's Generic Products are AWESOME!

myronnie

Today I planned on getting a 5lb tub of Lustrasilk Shea..but to my disappointment the Sally's in my area didn't even carry Lustrasilk!!! :(
So I decided to get some Generic Products (as well as some Silk Elements..)
* GVP Extra Gentle Shampoo / Redken Amino Con Poo
* GVP Conditioning Balm Biolage Conditioning Balm
* GVP Concentrated Leavein Treatment Sebastian Potion 9

My hair was in tangles before i shampooed..i tried to slather on the coconut oil..and my hair was like yeah right..:rolleyes:
Then i thought maybe i'll try my GVP Leavein...well i only put a small amount on the tangles and WAM instantly softened and easily detangled! I put some of the leavein on my ends too and they were so soft!! I baggied with it for about an hour and my hair was so pretty and thick when i took off the plastic cap. This leavein is really a godsend!! :lick:
Then, i shampooed with the extra gentle shampoo..it didn't even feel like a shampoo! It is comparable to my redken smooth down shampoo and is only 4.99 for 16oz!
Now I'm sitting with my conditioning balm on my head..and this stuff is SO freakin thick! I mixed it with coconut oil, hempseed butter, and camellia seed oil and I plan on letting it sit for a couple hours.
I'm in love with GVP!! I knew I was gonna like this stuff! I bought multiples of the conditioning balm and leavein treatment...the people in sally's kept commenting on how i had so much stuff and one lady even asked me if i was buying stuff to go off to college :nono: lmao...
Anyone else used any other Generic Value Product?

Last edited:

msa

I know Tiffers made a thread about this recently. I'm glad to hear it worked for you!

BlueNile

A few weeks ago I bought the GVP flat pink flat iron version of the CHI.

I'm impressed.

I like it better than my SEDU I just wish it was wider

SimpleKomplexity

Don't say this!! You make me wanna go out and try it!! Girl if only I didn't have a whole nother 16 ox of poo and half a tub of con to go through....

I'm glad is detangled well and worked for you!!!! YAYYYY!!

myronnie

I know Tiffers made a thread about this recently. I'm glad to hear it worked for you!
Oh yeah I think Tiffers likes the GVP Gentle and the Conditioning Balm

A few weeks ago I bought the GVP flat pink flat iron version of the CHI.

I'm impressed.

I like it better than my SEDU I just wish it was wider

Yeah they do look kind of small..how much did u pay for it?

Barbara

Princess
Today I planned on getting a 5lb tub of Lustrasilk Shea..but to my disappointment the Sally's in my area didn't even carry Lustrasilk!!! :(
So I decided to get some Generic Products (as well as some Silk Elements..)
* GVP Extra Gentle Shampoo
* GVP Conditioning Balm
* GVP Concentrated Leavein Treatment

My hair was in tangles before i shampooed..i tried to slather on the coconut oil..and my hair was like yeah right..:rolleyes:
Then i thought maybe i'll try my GVP Leavein...well i only put a small amount on the tangles and WAM instantly softened and easily detangled! I put some of the leavein on my ends too and they were so soft!! I baggied with it for about an hour and my hair was so pretty and thick when i took off the plastic cap. This leavein is really a godsend!! :lick:
Then, i shampooed with the extra gentle shampoo..it didn't even feel like a shampoo! It is comparable to my redken smooth down shampoo and is only 4.99 for 16oz!
Now I'm sitting with my conditioning balm on my head..and this stuff is SO freakin thick! I mixed it with coconut oil, hempseed butter, and camellia seed oil and I plan on letting it sit for a couple hours.
I'm in love with GVP!! I knew I was gonna like this stuff! I bought multiples of the conditioning balm and leavein treatment...the people in sally's kept commenting on how i had so much stuff and one lady even asked me if i was buying stuff to go off to college :nono: lmao...
Anyone else used any other Generic Value Product?

What are the original versions or brand names of the bolded items? I'm going to look into these after I finish all of my expensive products since "times are tight."

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I :heart: GVP :love3:

The Extra Gentle Shampoo, Conditioning Balm and Smoothing Serum are all permanant staples of mine. I really can't communicate how much I :love2: this stuff. I'm getting the Joico K-Pak on Friday :D

tiffers

Barbara:

Extra Gentle Shampoo=Redken Amino Pon Extra Gentle Shampoo
Conditioning Balm=Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm
Concentrated Leave In= Sebastian Potion #9

Barbara

Princess
Barbara:

Extra Gentle Shampoo=Redken Amino Pon Extra Gentle Shampoo
Conditioning Balm=Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm
Concentrated Leave In= Sebastian Potion #9

When I first read the first post, the original names weren't there, :nono:
because I copied and paste the generic products into a Word document. Okay, now they're there . . . Thanks.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I :heart: GVP :love3:

The Extra Gentle Shampoo, Conditioning Balm and Smoothing Serum are all permanant staples of mine. I really can't communicate how much I :love2: this stuff. I'm getting the Joico K-Pak on Friday :D

K. Details on how you use this. BTW girl THANK YOU for the skinny on the Hawaiian Silky!!!:yep: It's the bidnezz.

tiffers

Iluvsmahgrass:

When I shampoo, I lather once really good and leave it on for the length of my shower. About 8 minutes. On the Sally's website, it says leave on for 5 minutes (I think)

Then dc with heat with the Balm for 45 minutes to an hour. One time I used heat for 30 minutes and sat around the house for a few hours. Still fab results either way :D

Apply Conditioner aka Paul Mitchell The Conditioner and seal with a quarter size amount of Smoothing Serum :love3:

My hair airdries so soft and loverly :love:

I'm thinking about getting the Anti Snap leave in too. I super duper love GVP! :pepper:

myronnie

Myronnie, how'd your hair turn out???
AWESOME!
Well the GVP Concentrated Leave-In made my hair airdry thicker and not thin and wimpy like I've had a problem with it airdrying. I'm so happy! My hair is usually thin after i deep condition and airdry because it's so weighed down but now it's so thick and lovely!
The GVP Conditioning treatment was awesome too! It was MUCH easier to detangle in the shower, and my hair is actually maintained, like it's not frizzy but smooth! I love it :drunk:

Smiley79

Ladies do you recommend a good leave in for airdrying from that GP line? As you can see my hair is in bad shape and a good leave in could help me to try and get used to this air drying thing.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I use the Leave in Treatment which is Redken Anti-snap treatment.. I love it!

Me too! I like it better than the Redken because it wets it more...better for combing. I just pay that little 4.99, which is heaven compared, and put it in the original redken bottle lolol! Lately, I've been using my Redken with Elasta mango butter for the ends. Heaven.

tiffers

Smiley, it depends on what your hair needs. They have the generic Redken Anti-Snap which is a protein, so it'll help with breakage and all that jazz. The Concentrated Leave In and Conditioner are moisturizing leave ins. The Concentrated didn't work for me, so I use Conditioner now. Sealed with Smoothing Serum, my hair airdries smooth and soft :yep:

I'm getting Anti-Snap and Joico K-Pak tomorrow :drunk:

Smiley79

Well T, I'm not sure what my hair needs right now either. I had protein overload back in Oct after using the Aphogee 2 step wrong. I stopped Protein completely the last 60 days and have been doing hardcore moisturizing by DCing 2x week (AO Honeysuckle) and daily moisturizing 2 times a day. Currently I'm 6-wks post-relaxer /trying to stretch 10-12 wks. My hair feels like a new head and very little to no breakage. When I do see occasional breakage it's like a few half strands that I actually hear "snap" from my hair (usually if I'm combing to hard or something). With that said I'm not sure which leave-in to try. I like the name 'Anti Snap' :grin:. Like I said above, the Hawaiian Silky has been a lifesaver for my daily moisture needs and I'm content with that, but I'd like something really good for a leave-in when I airdry (or blowdry) to give myhair both stregnth and moisture. So far, I've researched on the forum and the most reccommended are: Redken Anti-Snap, Paul Mitchell The Conditioner, Giovanni Direct leave-in and Qhemet Biologic Leave-In. So yeahhh, I'm a little overwhelmed now.:spinning:

ajoyfuljoy

I am a fan of the ghetto potion #9 and a fan of the Redken leave in protein treatment. I plan to try more products soon :)

chebaby

i just got the gvp anti snap leave in yesterday and have not used it yet. but i had my father use it and his hair felt soooooooooooo soft after it dried. his hair type is a 2a/b. he sealed in the leave in with the olive oil hair one cleansing conditioner(which i have not used).
this week when i do my hair i will use the anti snap leave in. i wanted the gvp k pak but i already have the real joico k pak conditioner and sallys dont have the k pak shampoo so there was no point.

myronnie

Actually, the Concentrated leavein is a protein leavein..it contains hydrolyzed wheat protein and hydrolyzed soy protein pretty high up in the list and hydrolyzed silk also..