Sally's Generic Products are AWESOME!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I got my Anti-Snap and K-Pak today. Under the dryer now! :yay:

fluffylocks

I was reeaallly about to buy the generic version of Redken All Soft, I started a thread-nobody has tried it. Now Im going to have to try this leavein too. :nono:

chebaby

i used the fake redken anti snap leave in last night and i like it. my hair is soft so its a keeper.

tgrowe

A few weeks ago I bought the GVP flat pink flat iron version of the CHI.

I'm impressed.

I like it better than my SEDU I just wish it was wider

I bought the same thing and love it as well. I am so wanting to try that Sedu though.

tiffers

letitgrow0702: Sally's has a brand called Park Avenue that is their version of Redken. Thay have the All Soft poo and con, I think the con is called Park Avenue Moisturizing Soft Conditioner. Try looking at their site www.sallybeauty.com

tiffers

Oh, you said Smooth Down, I thought you said All Soft :giggle: I'm not sure if they have Smooth Down, wouldn't hurt to see! :)

Iluvsmuhgrass

COUPON!!!!!!

Buy 2 Get 1 Free GVP compare to Paul Mitchell shampoo, conditioner, styling or hairspray of equal or lesser value!!

Coupon code 555179 :look:

missnurselady

I went to Big Lots and they had generics too. I got the Humectress(smells just like the real thing), redken Climaxtress, and paul mitchell The conditioner. I love all of them, but the paul mitchell is too thick for me as a leave in, weighs my hair down. but for under 2.00 a bottle, you cant beat it.

Musicachic

I use the GVP Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and the GVP Silk Treatment which is supposed to be like some Biolage product. The Silk Treatment smells really good kinda comparable to the Chi Silk Infusion. Check em out if you get a chance.

LyndseyJK

For all you Sally's GVP they have a coupon on their website for Buy 2 Get 1 Free. Expires Dec. 31. Stock up!!! they have a great refund policy so if at a later date you decide you dont want the items you can return it.

Pamsc

I use the Leave in Treatment which is Redken Anti-snap treatment.. I love it!

ITA! It's the right amount of protein for my natural 4a/b hair. It stopped breakage instanly and softened my hair... I am in love with it!!!:yep:

Smiley79

How do you use the generic Paul Mitchell skinny serum and Paul Mitchell the conditioner. i just bought both.

What are their purpose?

Which goes on first?

Does the Skinny Serum replace me using CHI?

hillytmj

After reading this thread, I bought Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm (generic for the Biolage Conditioning Balm), and I love it. I honestly thought it worked a little better. I'm taking my $43 tub of the real stuff back to JcPenney! I was skeptical at first, but the ingredients are identical and I take generic medicines, so I figured it couldn't be that bad.

tiffers

Smiley, The Conditioner is a leave in, so you put that on first and then seal with Skinny Serum. You don't wanna put a serum on before moisturizing because the serum acts as a sealant :)

loved

i used the fake redken anti snap leave in last night and i like it. my hair is soft so its a keeper.

I'm going to try this. A long time ago I went to a salon for a consultation and the stylist was very nice. I was worried because I thought my hair was a mess but the stylist told me that my hair was nice and he told me that I should use a Redken product to help with elasticity. The product was amazing so I would love to try this.

betteron2day

After reading this thread, I bought Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm (generic for the Biolage Conditioning Balm), and I love it. I honestly thought it worked a little better. I'm taking my $43 tub of the real stuff back to JcPenney! I was skeptical at first, but the ingredients are identical and I take generic medicines, so I figured it couldn't be that bad.

I agree with you. this is some good stuff. although i have never used the Biolage version, my hair feels great after using the GVP version so i won't try the other.

jazzyto

I used my GVP conditioning balm last night for the first time as a cowash, and I like it. Next time I will do a DC with it. For 5.99 you cant beat that with a bat!

lilsparkle825

i used that buy 2 get 1 free coupon and got the conditioning balm, the potion #9 and the anti-snap knockoffs. now my question is...how should i use these leave-ins and when, since i am natural and they are both protein based? i am thinking maybe i dont need both but between this thread and the archives i had to get em. :lachen: im so gullible.

tiffers

Lilsparkle, you know you don't need TWO protein leave ins, witch-o gullible self! :lachen:

I remember a few naturals raving about the Anti Snap, so maybe try that first on your next wash day :) It doesn't give me much slip, but hair dries really soft. And the smell is so feminine, I like it! It's not a leave in I use a lot though, because my hair hardly ever needs protein. Thinking about it, I'm like you, I didn't even need it either! :lachen: We're so pathetic :lachen: :lachen:

MarieB

I just bought the GVP Silk Treatment because I was so in need of a serum. I put a tiny bit on dry hair, and I am so thrilled!

Toy

I go to sally's on a regular so i might have to try the sabastian # 9 i am always reading the ingriedients but i never seem to purchase one.

yardgirl

Yes ma'am. I love my GVP products.

GVP Conditioner (Paul Mitchell The Conditioner) is an excellent moisturizing leave in. Turns my hair to butter.

GVP Leave In (Redken Extreme Anti Snap) - I couldn't do with this. It's protein and my hair is a protein addict

GVP Conditioning Balm (Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm) - Very nice for cowashing. It has NO CONES!! I just hope they update the formula because the new Biolage formula has ceramides. The formula on the bottle is from 2004.

Tamrin

unapologetic
i just finished roller setting with the GVP Anti Snap. Im loving it. Im under my Pibbs as I type. At first I thought it was not going to detangle but wow. It was a breeze to roller set with .

yardgirl

i just finished roller setting with the GVP Anti Snap. Im loving it. Im under my Pibbs as I type. At first I thought it was not going to detangle but wow. It was a breeze to roller set with .

I just used this in my hair after a DC (my hair is a protein junkie) and it stopped what little breakage I had dead in its tracks.