sareca: you might have been on to something. "Spiked Neutralization"

delp

Jheri Redding Natural Protein Conditioner

100% natural revitalisant that rebuilds damaged hair, protects prior to perming, conditions during coloring services, maximizes curl retention.
Natural Protein Conditioner helps reduce damage and mend split ends, adds body, luster, resiliency and strength to hair, can also be used when coloring or perming hair.

Directions:

Conditioning:
Shampoo and towel dry hair. Work 1/4 to 1/2 oz of Natural Protein Conditioner thoroughly into hair. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water, style as usual.

Color work and permanent waving:
Add 1/4 oz of Natural Protein Conditioner to tint, toner, bleach or permanent wave lotion for added conditioning.

For pre-perm conditioning:
Apply 1/4 to 1/2 oz of Natural Protein Conditioner to hair for 5 to 10 minutes before perming. Do not rinse out, wrap hair and proceed with curling lotion as usual.

For better curl retention after perming:
An acidifying rinse is recommended. After neutralizing, rinse, and towel drying the hair, comb a mixture of equal parts Natural Protein Conditioner and Apple Cider Vinegar through the hair for 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse and proceed with styling.

Ingredients:

Water, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Sodium Chloride, Apple Cider Vinegar.

Did Jherri steal this from you or you from him. YOu might be on to something.

Jheri Redding Natural Protein Conditioner is rated (4.54 out of 5) based on 13 reviews by users:

Product Rating: 5 Great for weak or damaged hair!!!
Reviewer: JOan from Ny Fri Apr 27 2007

MY hair was overprocessed, weak and shedding but after using this product my hair shedding stopped and my hair has become incredibly stronger

Product Rating: 5 This stuff is fantastic!
Reviewer: Lynda Stockton from Frisco, Texas Fri Apr 20 2007

I love this stuff! It smells but it's great for your hair. I use it every week!

Product Rating: 5 less ingredients with amazing results
Reviewer: Monique Murray from Bronx, New York Sun Mar 11 2007

I like this product because it has ingredients that you can read and understand. Conditioners are supposed to make the hair hard, so I do use a instant conditioner to soften it. I like the fact that it makes my hair is stronger and shiny. I am very happy--No more hair falling out

Product Rating: 5 Great for strengthening/making hair grow!
Reviewer: Anonymous from NY Thu Feb 22 2007

I've been using this product for years and have recommended it to many many people. I use it after shampooing, but mix it with an extra moisturizing conditioner of some sort, and just kind of let it sit on my hair for a few minutes. I rinse, and then use a regular conditioner for detangling/to get rid of the smell. It's a lengthy process but the effects are undeniable! It makes your hair thicker, healthier, and may actually be the real secret to why my hair is on a constant growth spurt (or maybe its a wierd mix of all the diff. hair products I use - but I still love this stuff!)

Product Rating: 5 Best stuff on Earth
Reviewer: Bridget from Lynbrook, New York Fri Jan 26 2007

This is a great product. My edges where thining due to stress after a few uses my hair was back I would recommend using with a Nexxus Conditioner to soften the hair and give you a better smell. Overall it definetly works

Product Rating: 5 Yes it does stink like soy sauce, but it's worth it
Reviewer: Camille from Mississippi Thu Oct 19 2006

It kind of surprised me when I smelt it and it smelt like soy sauce, but it really does work. My hair was falling out real bad and I noticed a big difference in my hair "shedding" after using the product. Not near as much is falling out. Before using it, I was constantly shedding hair all over the place. I also noticed a difference in the overall appearance of the ends of my hair.

Product Rating: 3 Stinky
Reviewer: Samantha from Canada Thu Sep 07 2006

I found this conditioner to be very stinky. It conditions well but does not make my hair soft and it leaves an awful smell almost like soy sauce. I would advise that if you were to buy this product to use a second conditioner with it to cover the smell. Overall I found the product to be average.

Product Rating: 5 Excellent Product
Reviewer: Samantha from Canada Thu Aug 17 2006

I have only just started using this product, but can already feel the amazing difference in my hair. My hair was extremely damaged and breaking off to the point where my hair was thinning (all because of bleach). Now after using this product i can feel the strength in my hair when brushing it and it looks much healthier. I can't believe the difference and only after a couple of uses, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with damaged hair!

Product Rating: 5 HAIR GROWING
Reviewer: Penny from mcdonough, ga Sun Jul 23 2006

I HAVE BEEN USING THIS PRODUCT FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS NOW. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A PROBLM WITH MY HAIR TO GROW, IT NEVER WOULD GROW PAST MY SHOULDERS, NOW MY HAIR IS DOWN TO THE MIDDLE OF MY BACK, IT REALLY MAKES YOUR HAIR GROW. IT SMELLS BAD, BUT HEY, IT WORKS.

Product Rating: 4 Stinky, but effective
Reviewer: Michele from Pennsylvania Mon Jul 17 2006

Ok, it smells like soy sauce, but don't let that keep you from using this product.

I bleach my hair and then color it with semi-permanent colors (manic panic, punky color) and add a tablespoon of the Protien Conditioner to a jar of the color. It really does help repair the damage caused by bleaching. I've also used it straight on my hair (1/2 hour with a cap), but due to the residual smell, have to make sure to use a secondary conditioner.

It's really one of the most effective products I've found for repairing damaged/fried hair.

Product Rating: 4 Once you get past the smell, its a great product!
Reviewer: Tanya "Stir Fry" Davis from Atlanta, GA Thu Mar 24 2005

Once I finally received my order, I could not wait to try this out. I opened the bottle to smell it and was immediately overwhelmed by the smell of what I can only describe as "soy sauce". Needless to say, I was a bit skeptical about putting this on my hair. I mixed the product with the conditioner and left it in my hair for a while and rinsed it out. The smell was still there, so I tried rinsing it out again, but this time added more conditioner to my hair to at least get the smell out.

Overall, thanks to my boyfriend, though I did earn the nickname "stir fry", due to the smell, the product is unbelievable!! After two uses, I noticed a great difference in my hair-especially the strength and elasticity of it. I would highly recommend this product, but beware-rinsed this out of your hair really well with a good scented conditioner.

Product Rating: 3 Smelly Stuff !
Reviewer: lisa from santa barbara, ca Mon Jan 31 2005

I ordered this product not knowing exactly what it was all about. This is not like other creamy conditioners, it really is a very natural product, and it's a vinegar base. It's pretty much just liquid - and you definitely could not go out after using it, because you'll smell like vinegar. It does seem to condition well, but it doesn't make your hair soft...

Product Rating: 5 Great product
Reviewer: Natasha Mon May 10 2004

My roommate introduced me to this product. It is great for damaged hair. It repairs damaged hair and also helps it grow.

Last edited:

sareca

That's crazy! It's got everything in one step. :eek: But I can't take cred. :nono: I got that trick from VWVixxen. You notice she's already posted up in here. *shakes head*

This is just in time for my next relaxer! :yay: Thanks delp!

Last edited:

LaNecia

sareca said:
That's crazy! It's got everything in one step. :eek: But I can't take cred. :nono: I got that trick from VWVixxen. You notice she's already posted up in here. *shakes head*

This is just in time for my next relaxer! :yay: Thanks delp!

Uh, Sareca...***taps on shoulder***, I've never heard of the ACV rinse when doing a relaxer so I can't take credit either. :nono: It's great info though, I usually use Porosity control at the end but never ACV. Well, not yet anyway! :sekret:

Last edited:

sareca

VWVixxen said:
Uh, Sareca...***taps on shoulder***, I've never heard of the ACV rinse when doing a relaxer so I can't take credit either. :nono: It's great info though, I usually use Porosity control at the end but never ACV. Well, not yet anyway! :sekret:

REally?! That wasn't you? Hmmm, the protein was definitely you. You had a link about using protein to keep wool from breaking down while bleaching (i think).

LaNecia

sareca said:
REally?! That wasn't you? Hmmm, the protein was definitely you. You had a link about using protein to keep wool from breaking down while bleaching (i think).

Yep, I remember that! I think this ACV/Protein is an awesome concept. I'm due for a retouch this week but will have to postpone until next week. I'm hitting Sally's tomorrow since I don't have any pure protein products at home that would suffice. I wonder what the protein/acv ratio would be... :scratchch

Lusa

Great thread, thanks. I am getting a retouch next wednesday and am planning on washing on Saturday. Would it be best to do my regular DC beforehand, and then use this protein conditioner? Or should I skip the DC and just use this. I normally DC with Proclaim Cholesterol/Coconut Milk/Coconut oil.

delp

mahogany66 said:
Do you think this would be helpful prior to a relaxer? It only mention pre-perm instructions

No, I think sareca and vixen uses it after after the relaxer. Meaning relaxer, conditioning, then this step. Sareca folki has very detailed steps. Yes, I am stealing regimes. I need help.

HERicane10

It can't smell any worse than the Ultra Sheen Duo-Tex. I'm just about out of that so I may give this a whirl next.

LaNecia

delp said:
No, I think sareca and vixen uses it after after the relaxer. Meaning relaxer, conditioning, then this step. Sareca folki has very detailed steps. Yes, I am stealing regimes. I need help.

You ain't doin' anything the rest of us aren't! :lol:

Yes, I use it post relaxer. I've found wetting my hair too soon before a retouch save apply the silk aminos to the new growth, leaves me texlaxed and me no likey dat. :mad:

My Fotki needs help, I hope to update soon with goodies I have going on.

mahogany66

delp said:

oh ok.. I may give it a try..:)

NessaNessa

Is this a protein based conditioner. I should be ashamed. I still dont know what all the ingredients mean...

Should I follow with a moisturizing conditioner?

delp

NessaNessa said:
Is this a protein based conditioner. I should be ashamed. I still dont know what all the ingredients mean...

Should I follow with a moisturizing conditioner?

wheat protein is a light protein.

Lavendar

Aren't the instructions referring to pre-perming, as in curling perms used on more eurocentric hair? I would like to know if anyone uses ACV on newly relaxed hair, cause I was told years ago that ACV has a damaging effect on newly relaxed hair, mainly causing extreme frizziness and "reversion". I was told this after I used it. I must admit I did use ACV on newly relaxed hair as a teen and ended up with a frizzy, matted puff ball, but that was back in the day and could have had something to do with the formulation of relaxers back then. Please someone enlighten me if this not the case anymore or was incorrect, as often times "old" information changes or was never correct. THX!:confused:

Mizani_Mrs

hmmm, i'll bite. i'll give it a try, though i said i aint purchasing anything else...but this is so different...

*Michelle*

Lavendar said:
Aren't the instructions referring to pre-perming, as in curling perms used on more eurocentric hair? I would like to know if anyone uses ACV on newly relaxed hair, cause I was told years ago that ACV has a damaging effect on newly relaxed hair, mainly causing extreme frizziness and "reversion". I was told this after I used it. I must admit I did use ACV on newly relaxed hair as a teen and ended up with a frizzy, matted puff ball, but that was back in the day and could have had something to do with the formulation of relaxers back then. Please someone enlighten me if this not the case anymore or was incorrect, as often times "old" information changes or was never correct. THX!:confused:

Yes, that is what it is referring to! I personally would not use ACV rinse,
I had a terrible experience as a teen also...with that said my sister has had a great experience!

I was no help huh?! I'm keeping my eye on this thread...

tnorenberg

chayil0427 said:
Uh oh...when's it time to clock out! I'm off to Sally's!!!

Chayil

Yeah, I went and got mine from Sally's. Maybe I'll try it Sunday. I already did my CW for the day. I'm itching to unlock this lye=protein/ no-lye=moisture thing.

newflowers

This looks very interesting - the added protein and avc rinse in one step. I know that many ladies do both or one or the other.

I would have guessed that combining protein with acv would lessen the strength of the protein - but I'm just guessing on that.

Arcadian highly recommends, and I plan to use, the acv rinse after rinsing the relaxer and befor the neutralizing step as a means to immediately reduce hair pH and get to the white suds very quickly.

LaNecia

I think it looks intesting as well. I will incorporate the ACV in to the mix...I'm gonna lurk on this one for a spell. :sekret:

chayil0427

tnorenberg said:
Yeah, I went and got mine from Sally's. Maybe I'll try it Sunday. I already did my CW for the day. I'm itching to unlock this lye=protein/ no-lye=moisture thing.

i got mine!!! I cut through a strip mall parking lot to get to sally's before they closed. There was construction.

PJ Maniac on the road LOL.

what thing...i musta missed sommin...:cool: :confused:

sareca

Pixel Lady said:
Yes, that is what it is referring to! I personally would not use ACV rinse,
I had a terrible experience as a teen also...with that said my sister has had a great experience!

I was no help huh?! I'm keeping my eye on this thread...

I use Phyto II and I use ACV rinses post-relaxer. I love the results, but I use a small amount of ACV something like 1tsp/8oz. I'm not using straight ACV. :naughty: I really think that has a lot to do with the outcome.

chayil0427

OK...i'm waiting out my 15 minutes with this stuff on my head. First off, it's majorly majorly funky! It smells like unwashed puss and soy sauce.

Secondly ...it's majorly drippy...it's running down my back and my face ...ick.

Thirdly...I'm willing to do anything for beautiful hair! So lets hope this is worth it!

Chayil