Scissor Happy Hair Growth

ProfectivGirl

So ladies I need some suggestions. My goal is to obtain shoulder length healthy relaxed hair. Not knocking my naturals because I absolutely LOVE seeing natural heads but I've learned that I love what relaxers do for me. I don't have an issue with chemical damage I have an issue with scissors. At least 3-4 times a year my hair gets cut by either myself or a stylist that I try. Recently I got so frustrated with my neck length hair that I decided to go get the Halle Berry cut that I now hate even more. Prior to that, my hair was almost fully shoulder length and the stylist decided to give me a haircut instead of the trim I asked for leaving me with neck length hair. So what would you guys recommend as to how I can stay away from the scissors and hopefully reach my hair goals??

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

ProfectivGirl

No ive tried going to stylists but they faithfully cut more of my hair than asked.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

ebonyseas

I agree with diadall. Do your hair and trims yourself. You can also twitch a little and threaten bodily harm the next time a stylist cuts your hair.

chelleypie810

I'm a stylist gal and I only get trimmed a couple times a year. I let my stylist KNOW and I watch her every move and if my mother is with me she watches them for me. The last trim the lady tried to cut more than I desired and I gave her the stare of death and she moved her hands down and trimmed =)

Solitude

Stay away from stylists that pressure you to cut your hair. I've found that to be most of them. I usually self-trim. If you continue to go to a stylist and she suggests a trim, firmly say no. As you spend more time working with your hair, you will be much more familiar with it than the stylist, so you will know if you need a trim or not. You won't have to rely on her "advice."

When my hair was neck-length, I rollerset and left my hair curly (no blowdryer or flat iron), braided one braid and pinned the tail under, or baggie under a phony pony until I reached shoulder length.

At the time, I was relaxing every 8 weeks. I slowly started stretching the time out longer.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

Meemee6223

I recently went from bsl to sl thanks to the last stylist I went to. I asked for a TRIM! I refuse to go to another stylist, no disrespect to good stylists. That's actually why I joined lhcf a few days ago. My feelings we're so hurt when I got out of that chair!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

kupenda

I don't see a problem with going to a stylist if you aren't comfortable cutting your own hair. But do what I plan to do. Tell her/him that you want a trim and show them EXACTLY how much you want off. Tell them you will not be paying for a full fledged cut and if they screw up your trim, then it is their fault and therefore not my financial responsibility. I don't pay for anything I don't want. And then do what the PP's said:twitch, give her the stare of death, mutter some incantations while staring in her eyes. Whatever you gotta do to be sure you get what ask for

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF