"She got her own hair..."

Crystalicequeen123

:lachen: LOL!!!

This was the comment some guy at work just said about me earlier this morning.

I was going to go get my breakfast at the dinning center, and this other older employee who always tries to flirt with me was there and was trying to get my attention. LOL* I just smiled and didn't pay him any mind, but I was feeling good because I just got a fresh touchup last week, and my hair is down, bouncing & behaving, and bling BLINGING!! :lol: :grin:

Well, anyway...I saw him come around by me again, and this time he was talking to another fellow female co-worker, and he said to her regarding me: "see that's why I love that girl...she got her own hair and everything! None of that fake mess you see women putting in their hair...". The female co-worker just started laughing and calling him names.

I just smiled to myself and was just glad that thanks to the LHCF that I can happily flaunt my "OWN" pretty healthy hair! :grin:

CurlyGirl1996

:lachen: LOL!!!

This was the comment some guy at work just said about me earlier this morning.

I was going to go get my breakfast at the dinning center, and this other older employee who always tries to flirt with me was there and was trying to get my attention. LOL* I just smiled and didn't pay him any mind, but I was feeling good because I just got a fresh touchup last week, and my hair is down, bouncing & behaving, and bling BLINGING!! :lol: :grin:

Well, anyway...I saw him come around by me again, and this time he was talking to another fellow female co-worker, and he said to her regarding me: "see that's why I love that girl...she got her own hair and everything! None of that fake mess you see women putting in their hair...". The female co-worker just started laughing and calling him names.

I just smiled to myself and was just glad that thanks to the LHCF that I can happily flaunt my "OWN" pretty healthy hair! :grin:

That happened to my cousin and I before. We were walking in the mall and these guys came by, spoke and said it's nice seeing black woman with their own hair. We just laughed. :grin:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Isn't that the best feeling?? It really makes it all worth it to see your hard work come to light.

Crystalicequeen123

Isn't that the best feeling?? It really makes it all worth it to see your hard work come to light.

Yes it IS!!! :yep: I felt so good. I'm in no way knocking women who like to wear wigs and weaves or what not though. In fact, in the past I've worn a weave, added hair, and extensions for braids etc. But there's just an ADDED feeling of pride and accomplishment when it's your OWN hair that people are admiring, and they are commenting on it not only because it's pretty, but because it's your OWN. :up: You see that your hard work has finally paid off.

I think I'd rather have short healthy hair that is MINE, than long thick flowing hair on my head that is fake. :ohwell:

Taina

But I bought this wig . Isn't mine? :(
I feel you girl, is pretty nice when you heard people comenting about you been natural (in any way) congrats on that

Last edited:

Crystalicequeen123

Aww thanks ladies!! :)

You know what that guy's comment ALSO taught me?? It taught me that we women aren't the ONLY ones paying attention to people's HAIR!! :shocked:

I thought women were the only ones paying close attention to other women's hair trying to see: "hmm...is her hair fake??" :look: :giggle:

But now I see...even BLACK men (or men in general) are paying close attention to the hair of women. Wow... I did not even realize that. I wonder how long he was looking up in my hair trying to see if it was a weave or not lol! :perplexed

mswoman

Way to go!!! You are right men like women to wear their real hair weather it's short or long as long as it is kept nice.

LadyPaniolo

Wow, great story.

You know, that's one thing that sucks about protective styling... nobody can tell I have long hair. :sad:

Crystalicequeen123

Wow, great story.

You know, that's one thing that sucks about protective styling... nobody can tell I have long hair. :sad:

Girl....I say unravel that long mane of yours hiding under those protective styles one day...and just let it ALLL hang out!! LOL! :lol:

You have to let your hair make a "show" every now and then so that you can enjoy it and people can see the results of your great progress. :yep:

Crystalicequeen123

Get it!!! I can't wait. I know that has to be a great feeling.

Yes it is! Trust me...your day will come very soon! :yep: I don't even consider my hair all that long (definitely not long by LHCF standards and compared to some of the locks of you ladies :giggle: ), but I think that just the fact that my hair was down (for a change lol), and was freshly done, shiny, and healthy looking...this is what made the difference.

locabouthair

Yes it IS!!! :yep: I felt so good. I'm in no way knocking women who like to wear wigs and weaves or what not though. In fact, in the past I've worn a weave, added hair, and extensions for braids etc. But there's just an ADDED feeling of pride and accomplishment when it's your OWN hair that people are admiring, and they are commenting on it not only because it's pretty, but because it's your OWN. :up: You see that your hard work has finally paid off.

I think I'd rather have short healthy hair that is MINE, than long thick flowing hair on my head that is fake. :ohwell:

I'm wearing a wig right now but I feel you 100%. I cant wait until it's my own hair people are complimenting me on.

Glad your hair's looking good:grin:

aquajoyice

That's a good feeling! That happened to me a co-worker was showing a new employee around and right before he came to introduce he says yeah she has long hair and it's all her's too! LOL I was like wow someone finally assumed it was mine and not a weave, YAY! LOL

brucebettye

Great story and he knew your were listening and wanted you to hear that complement. I know how you feel when people tell you they like your hair and it is all your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!