Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
@Daina good to know shea can be used on straight hair too. The possibilities are endless!!

@ArrrBeee noted. I think I will stick to tea spritz + ? + shea butter to seal. I still haven't found my holy grain leave-in. While I like KCKT (melts tangles like no other) and Giovanni Director I need something more moisturizing. MORE MOISTURE.

@kupenda YES. the shea softness is UNREAL. in general I've noticed my hair tends to shrink a lot more and be a lot less defined when I use natural butters (shea or cocoa or mango). I think this is a good thing in terms of, y hair is really soft, really healthy looking and feeling and I notice more thickness. Only bad thing is as you said, my twist out is defined two days max whereas I used to rock a twist out for a week, now I have to retwist or rock a fierce fro. A tip I got from someone else in this thread is to get the best definition, I keep my twists in for a day or two and really let the shea lock in the moisture and style.

ThatJerseyGirl

Greetings EVERYONE!!!

So I went to the UMOJA festival in Portsmouth, Virginia last Saturday and there was a guy there filling containers up with Shea Butter! I got three very large containers, actually four!

I am so excited. I was pulling the shea from a huge block of shea, if that made any sense. It was so hot out there, so the shea was very soft.

Did anyone else in this area attend?

Saga

The Generous Queen
Greetings EVERYONE!!!

So I went to the UMOJA festival in Portsmouth, Virginia last Saturday and there was a guy there filling containers up with Shea Butter! I got three very large containers, actually four!

I am so excited. I was pulling the shea from a huge block of shea, if that made any sense. It was so hot out there, so the shea was very soft.

Dangit, I live not too far from there. Wish I had known about it. How do you find out about local events around VA?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Greetings EVERYONE!!!

I am so happy to hear you had some Shea fun!

That sounds soooo satisfying and delicious! I need to get myself to Ghana or Burkina Faso so I can chisel some shea off a block the size of a great mountain.

Chicoro

10 Fastest Growing Economies in Africa

Africa has 6 of the world's 10 fastest growing economies IN THE WORLD for 2018. Ghana and Ethiopia are English speaking countries! You just never know what can happen or where you may go, to contribute your excellent skills...By the way, Shea butter industries exist in Ghana and Ethiopia: Shea Unicorns, activate!

"A significant number of 2018’s top performers are non-commodity intensive economies. The list is led by Ghana, followed by Ethiopia and Côte d’Ivoire, with Senegal and Tanzania occupying the fifth and sixth spots respectively. Africa has six of the world’s ten fastest growing economies this year, according to the World Bank.

The latest forecast places East African country, Ethiopia at 8.2 percent with the West African nation, Ghana leading the continent at 8.3 percent."

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2018/05/top-10-fastest-growing-economies-in-africa-2018/

ThatJerseyGirl

Dangit, I live not too far from there. Wish I had known about it. How do you find out about local events around VA?

Hey you....I didn't know you lived in the area. They were advertising it on WTKR on tv for the past two weeks and even on the radio. They had the Bodacious Bazaar in Hampton, some Egyptian festival somewhere else, I can't think of where, and the Umoja. Brian McKnight or whatever his name is, Regina Belle and Christette Michelle performed Saturday evening. It was very nice....

Men walking around everywhere lookin goodt.....yes, I still look lololol

They had a lot of vendors, including those from Africa. Their clothes were amazing. Head wraps, you name it, they had it. They have another one coming soon right around Jazz Fest...another African festival someone was telling me about. It'll be in Hampton right around the time of the Black Beard Fest.....I went to that event last year. Tons of vendors at that one too but at that time, I wasn't looking to purchase anything heavy like I did this time, because I didn't want to walk around in the heat carrying stuff...

ETA: I'm still learning this area, so I just try to listen out for stuff. Just like down the street from where I live, they have an open farmers market where different vendors set up to sell right here at the beach in Buckroe. I discovered that by accident last Saturday because I usually go down to the beach to jog or walk....never knew they had vendors every Saturday morning and a live Band every Sunday evening at that beach for free right here in my neighborhood!

Chicoro

AHA!

I thought Shea had stopped working for me because my hair is getting massively tangled on the ends again. I realized that I need to braid my hair tightly at the root. Otherwise, the braid shifts and the hair draws up and shrinks and tangles. I braided tightly at the roots today. It's cuter when the braid is loose, but I don't like 'struggle de-tangling'. Let's see if my theory is correct.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I’ve been reading this whole thread (I started at 133 and read all the way to the current page, then started at page 1 and I’m on page 71). Now I’m about to buy some fragrance oils from P&J Trading (thanks to @caribeandiva for that pic. I’ve been looking for scent sets like the ones they have on their website) and about 10 lbs of Shea Butter from Etsy (along with some other stuff lol). Good thing I have two guinea pigs aka my mom and son to test my concoctions on:lachen:

Since I’m starting from the ground up (so to speak) with my natural hair, I #minuswell get my hair use to the glory of Shea.

This thread has sent me stepping into the Shea Siiiide, stepping into the Shea, Shea, Siiiide.

I blame @Chicoro :laugh:

Last edited:

caribeandiva

Human being
I’ve been reading this whole thread (I started at 133 and read all the way to the current page, then started at page 1 and I’m on page 71). Now I’m about to buy some fragrance oils from P&J Trading (thanks to @caribeandiva for that pic. I’ve been looking for scent sets like the ones they have on their website) and about 10 lbs of Shea Butter from Etsy (along with some other stuff lol). Good thing I have two guinea pigs aka my mom and son to test my concoctions on:lachen:

Since I’m starting from the ground up (so to speak) with my natural hair, I #minuswell get my hair use to the glory of Shea.

This thread has sent me into stepping into the Shea Siiiide, stepping into the Shea, Shea, Siiiide.

I blame @Chicoro :laugh:
Cue the Electric slide! Sliiiide to the right. Sliiiide to the left. :lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Decided to pitch all/any blends that was made with that bad order of SB I got on e/b/a/y that smells like Cow Ca-Ca.:barf:

Those blends got more pungent with time and that strong Manure scent just could not be masked.:barf:

Glad I was able to get 1/2 of my money back for this total waste of money.:twocents:

Chicoro

Cue the Electric slide! Sliiiide to the right. Sliiiide to the left. :lol:

ItsMeLilLucky

I made my first whipped Shea Butter Cream. I got tired of my mom and kid sticking their hands in my Coconut Oil jar and have flying particles in it :ohwell:

It’s really simple, just Coconut oil, Grapeseed oil and Shea Butter w/some banana fragrance oil (that was the only fragrance oil I had lol).

Thing is, I was trying to use up the last of the Coconut oil and I didn’t realize how much oil I had left before I poured it into the Shea Butter *facepalm* I had to beat the brakes off that Shea Butter :lachen:

ItsMeLilLucky

*sorry the pictures are so big. I tried to resize them and it left a black space.

Would you look at that shine! My hair is pretty soft as well. It’s even tryna lay down a bit. Thank you Queen Shea!

Here’s a pic without the flash. I have a fuzzy halo, cause I’m a Shea Angel :angel:

But on another note, Shea Butter is so disrespectful to my manicure. My polish was literally peeling off:look::lachen:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Now that it's warmer:

For my body: Using a body oil with Shea Olein oil in it. Only using my whipped Shea butter on my dry areas.

For my hair: No longer adding it to my deep conditioner. Just post wash and to refresh my ends as needed.

Still Shea'd up :love4:....just a bit less greasy in this warmer weather.

Chicoro

*sorry the pictures are so big. I tried to resize them and it left a black space.

Would you look at that shine! My hair is pretty soft as well. It’s even tryna lay down a bit. Thank you Queen Shea!

Here’s a pic without the flash. I have a fuzzy halo, cause I’m a Shea Angel :angel:

But on another note, Shea Butter is so disrespectful to my manicure. My polish was literally peeling off:look::lachen:

A unicorn, or unicorn in training can NEVER have pictures that are too big.

ItsMeLilLucky

Wow, I hope my hair responds as well as it does now with this water, carefree curl, water, carefree curl, APB Cupachu (sp?) then Shea Butter (I used it straight :lol:) when it gets longer :pray:

That little dry patch I had in the front of my head is starting to disappear. And my hair is feeling pretty dang soft. It’s funny, when I rub my head, it feels smooth but when I look in the mirror it’s doing something different.