Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I don't think it would mix well. Glycerin is water soluble.
Right. @ThatJerseyGirl they won’t mix well. It would be better to have a glycerin leave in and top it with Shea Butter, but mixing would require an emulsifier. If you want a humectant, go with castor oil. I also recommend a couple of Ayurvedic powders in small doses, but Shea and Castor is always a win for me.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
@Chicoro I know I’ve seen you while lurking on the setting to success thread lol

Has anyone used Shea butter to roller set their natural hair ?! Since it’s great for sealing in the moisture for setting hair (like twists and braids) and adds such great shine and hold I’m wondering if it’d be good to roller set with? Or am I just dreaming and should stick to wrap foams for roller sets?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
@Chicoro I know I’ve seen you while lurking on the setting to success thread lol

Has anyone used Shea butter to roller set their natural hair ?! Since it’s great for sealing in the moisture for setting hair (like twists and braids) and adds such great shine and hold I’m wondering if it’d be good to roller set with? Or am I just dreaming and should stick to wrap foams for roller sets?

Yes, I've been lurking off and on for days. I'm back at work now, too. So let me officially turn off the lurking and silent creeping! Time to jump back on the ashes train and ride on home!

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress

I have, but you have to be light with it. Too much and your set will be greasy.

Chicoro

I've been keeping my Shea butter in the fridge during the heat wave and my jar has lasted a long time. I had to cut my finger nails back. I am SURE it is the Shea butter making them grow.

I still have about 4 kilos of Shea butter I have not touched. At this rate, I may be able to make it through June 2019 without having to purchase anymore. I hope not, because buying Shea butter is 1/2 the pleasure.

We're heading into the last 1/4 of the year! The Shea train is starting to slow down and it will come to a stop in December. I'm expecting a growth spurt at the end of September.

I took out my flat iron a couple of weeks ago, and the hot plates FELL OFF! I took that as a sign to not be messing with my head. If I continue through 2018 with natural hair, that will be 4.5 years, almost 5 years without straightening my hair!

Chicoro

I thought about Whipping up a couple batches today. One with Emu Oil and maybe one with something else really good?

Maybe ED JBCO?

Hey, :wavey:

Are you making tiny batches that you go through completely before creating the next concoction? Or, do you have lots of batches with different mixes still available?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Are you making tiny batches that you go through completely before creating the next concoction? Or, do you have lots of batches with different mixes still available?
@Chicoro:
Hey Sis!:kiss:

This (bolded):yep:

I make 4oz batches. I have different mixes available.:lick:

I was just thinking about how we are in month 9 of riding the Shea Train.

May we all have a lengthy & healthy arrival in December:rose:

Chicoro

@Chicoro:
Hey Sis!:kiss:

This (bolded):yep:

I make 4oz batches. I have different mixes available.:lick:

I was just thinking about how we are in month 9 of riding the Shea Train.

May we all have a lengthy & healthy arrival in December:rose:

It's been fun, and like any trip, it has to come to an end! But we got 3 more months of track to cover, and I don't mean the kind covered with black mesh and synthetic hair!

sissimpson

I am on vacation this week. I need to make a couple of big batches, trying to get ready for a Black Wallstreet market in October. I think I will try some lotion bars too. Does anybody have a favorite recipe they are willing to share?

Chicoro

I have a family member who had chemo in 2016. She lost ALL of her hair and was completely bald.

I was combing her hair and it came out in clumps. I was there and I was the one that removed the hair from her head. I stood behind her and brushed the palm of my hand from her forehead to the back of her hair very lightly, and her hair came up and off as if I were wiping away butter or shaving cream from her scalp.

I remember putting her entire head of hair in a baggie. I was upset and she was like, "How YOU going to be upset. Imagine how "I" feel. [It's MY hair NOT yours]. :oops:

She has been using Shea butter since that time. As of today, her hair reaches armpit length. She has very coarse hair. I put her onto Shea butter to protect her skin from radiation, which she also had. I gave her a Shea butter/Coconut oil/Vitamin E concoction mix to use daily. She rubbed herself with it from head to toe. She never got any open wounds or had problems with her skin due to the radiation.

I had no idea at the time the Shea butter would protect her hair and deliver such magnificent results. I thought of this today because she is going to get her hair done in braids, tomorrow. She wears her natural hair in braids.

She removed her braids and had detangled and placed her hair into two plaits. She pulled one down to show me the length. Bald to armpit in two years, with the help of Shea butter.

Shea butter is truly magical when it comes to afro-textured hair.

GGsKin

I mixed some oil for a prepoo today. Using Shea butter and coconut oil (and a little of my fenugreek/calendula oil), I heated using double boiler method with fenugreek, Brahmi and kalpi tone. I haven't put it on yet but will keep it on overnight.

guyaneseyankee

I'm sure it's mentioned in this thread already.
But yesterday I went to the beach with my puff.
Sand and wind was blowing everywhere
I didn't have my shampoo and conditioner with me so I wen tot Walmart and purchased the CON with argan oil shampoo and conditioner.
Drove home with the conditioner in my hair then deep conditioned with Mega Growth deep conditioner purchased a few days ago

Lawd have mercy, my hair was a mess. Not due to the above products but from Mane n Tail shampoo when I washed over the weekend.

I thought I was going to have to cut my hair down to a ceaser the matting was so bad.

But lo n behold, Queen Shea did her thing.

Thank you God/ Goddess for this creation. She saved all my strands.
I had crazy shedding (nothing unusual) but it helped detangle with ease. I just had to take me time

As my hair is growing, those darn shed hairs are growing too making a mess. Today I am in twists.
I think I may have to stay protected this go round

Hormones, age IDK, but I can't leave my hair loose; no sir.

Chicoro

I'm sure it's mentioned in this thread already.
But yesterday I went to the beach with my puff.
Sand and wind was blowing everywhere
I didn't have my shampoo and conditioner with me so I wen tot Walmart and purchased the CON with argan oil shampoo and conditioner.
Drove home with the conditioner in my hair then deep conditioned with Mega Growth deep conditioner purchased a few days ago

Lawd have mercy, my hair was a mess. Not due to the above products but from Mane n Tail shampoo when I washed over the weekend.

I thought I was going to have to cut my hair down to a ceaser the matting was so bad.

But lo n behold, Queen Shea did her thing.

Thank you God/ Goddess for this creation. She saved all my strands.
I had crazy shedding (nothing unusual) but it helped detangle with ease. I just had to take me time

As my hair is growing, those darn shed hairs are growing too making a mess. Today I am in twists.
I think I may have to stay protected this go round

Hormones, age IDK, but I can't leave my hair loose; no sir.

Is this the longest your natural hair has ever grown, as an adult?

ThatJerseyGirl

I have a family member who had chemo in 2016. She lost ALL of her hair and was completely bald.

I was combing her hair and it came out in clumps. I was there and I was the one that removed the hair from her head. I stood behind her and brushed the palm of my hand from her forehead to the back of her hair very lightly, and her hair came up and off as if I were wiping away butter or shaving cream from her scalp.

I remember putting her entire head of hair in a baggie. I was upset and she was like, "How YOU going to be upset. Imagine how "I" feel. [It's MY hair NOT yours]. :oops:

She has been using Shea butter since that time. As of today, her hair reaches armpit length. She has very coarse hair. I put her onto Shea butter to protect her skin from radiation, which she also had. I gave her a Shea butter/Coconut oil/Vitamin E concoction mix to use daily. She rubbed herself with it from head to toe. She never got any open wounds or had problems with her skin due to the radiation.

I had no idea at the time the Shea butter would protect her hair and deliver such magnificent results. I thought of this today because she is going to get her hair done in braids, tomorrow. She wears her natural hair in braids.

She removed her braids and had detangled and placed her hair into two plaits. She pulled one down to show me the length. Bald to armpit in two years, with the help of Shea butter.

Shea butter is truly magical when it comes to afro-textured hair.

This sounds like a church testimony, as it is! I feel like shoutin n carryin on....

guyaneseyankee

Is this the longest your natural hair has ever grown, as an adult?
Actually no it isn't
I've gone back and forth between natural, locs and relaxer.
I think the longest I've been natural is four years and my hair was longer. I don't remember experiencing such tangling and knotty issues.
I know my body is going through changes (46 this December) and my hair is shedding like crazy. But because my hair is so thick and dense, I don't worry about it. But I have noticed that it is a lot.
Shea Butter has my twists plump and juicy and my ends are full. So I'll keep pushing through

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
My boyfriend stole one of my Shea mix jars for his beard. I may have to kill him.

Also, the moisturizer I was using under my butter was discontinued. I'm sad now. :( My hair is picky and I don't want to have to find a new one.

And this last tidbit isn't hair related, but I made some body butter with Shea too. I've had this scar on my knee since I was a child that's starting to fade. I think it's the Shea.

Chicoro

Yes

I had written that as a placeholder. Forgot what I had planned to say. So, how about I say,"Happy Shea Sliding!"

Last edited: