Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Speaking of African Unicorns, one gifted me with about 7 pounds of Shea butter!!!!!!!
I have this gorgeous, gorgeous Shea butter from Mali. I think I have enough Shea butter for the rest of 2018.

SheaMali 1.JPG SheaMali2.JPG
SheaMali3.JPG

This Shea butter is hard. If I push my fingers into it, it doesn't 'give' or leave an indentation. It is just that hard. It smells divine and has a faint, nutty odor. The color is almost lemon yellow. I love it! I have 3 (1 kg) buckets.

Snoopy.gif

Last edited:

Chicoro

Speaking of African Unicorns, one gifted me with about 7 pounds of Shea butter!!!!!!!
I have this gorgeous, gorgeous Shea butter from Mali. I think I have enough Shea butter for the rest of 2018.

Let me stop lying to myself.

Last edited:

jennex

I, I mean my friend, just ordered both Shea Butters from cleopatraschoice!! Thanks for the code @ElevatedEnergy
I have a "friend" :giggle: that ordered 10 pounds of the ivory Shea butter and a 4 ounce bottle of Argan oil. I tried to tell my "friend" that she didn't need anymore Shea butter but all she did was:ignore:me while her fingers slowly hit the submit payment button. She is currently in Shea jail :jail: and cannot make any more purchases until at least half of her Shea stash is used up. :lachen:
Apparently I should have gotten a "friend" to buy my shea butter.:lol:

Last edited:

Chicoro

Edible Shea Butter
SheaEdible.jpg

ORGANIC UNREFINED EDIBLE SHEA BUTTER 450G
  • Our Edible Raw Shea Butter from Ghana is a Wonderful Natural Moisturiser for Your Skin, 450 grams
  • Bursting with Vitamins A, E and F and Oleic, Stearic and Linoleic Acids that Protect and Nourish the Skin
  • We Believe Edible Grades are Better Than Cosmetic Grades for Your Body and Skin, After All if You Can Eat It, It Must be the Best for the Outside Too!
  • Perfect on It’s Own or Mix it Up with our other Oils in Your Home Made Body Products
  • Our Shea Butter is Traditionally Hand Crafted by Local Ghanian Women and supports the Wechiau Community Hippo Sanctuary from Where it is Organically Harvested

Our organic unrefined Shea Butter, traditional hand crafted by local women’s co-operatives in Ghana.

Our Organic Shea is called “Hippo Shea” as it comes from the Wechiau Community Hippo Sanctuary, a hippo conservation area in the Upper West Region of Ghana. This initiative to organically harvest Sheanuts is in collaboration with the Calgary Zoo (CZ), the Nature Conservation Research Centre (NCRC) and the Sanctuary Management Board (SMB) of the Wechiau Community Hippo Sanctuary (WCHS). The success of the initiative relies on education, eco-tourism and increased benefits reaching communities in the area, who in turn learn to better understand and respect biodiversity conservation and to protect the last remaining natural population of hippos on the Ghanaian stretch of the Black Volta River.

Ingredients:

100% Organic Shea Butter

https://www.realfoodsource.com/product/organic-unrefined-edible-shea-butter/

Keen

I have a "friend" :giggle: that ordered 10 pounds of the ivory Shea butter and a 4 ounce bottle of Argan oil. I tried to tell my "friend" that she didn't need anymore Shea butter but all she did was:ignore:me while her fingers slowly hit the submit payment button. She is currently in Shea jail :jail: and cannot make any more purchases until at least half of her Shea stash is used up. :lachen:
Your "friend" is Shea crazy.

Aggie

It's about to be ON!
Cleopatrachoice site Pre- LHCF
View attachment 423429

Cleopatrachoice site Post- LHCF

View attachment 423431

Ya'll don't know how to buy just 1 item. You got to sweep through like locust and clean a place out.

Thus, stronger measures need to be put in place to keep some of you back, to ensure there is merchandise available:

:lachen: :rofl: :lol:

I am crackin' up over here on my lil island in the Bahamas

Thanks @Chicoro. I really needed that laugh. Oy!

Chicoro

Whipped Up x2 4 oz Small Batches:

Batch #1 4oz
Unrefined SB
Wheat Germ Oil *stanks*
Amla Powder
*scented with Peach*

Batch #2 4oz
Unrefined SB
Lic.orice Root
Bhringraj Powder
*scented with Snickerdoodle*

The way this is written, it's like 'stanks' is a part of its 'official' qualities and components. This made me chuckle.

Jade Feria

I washed my son's hair the other day, and it was the easiest wash day, ever since his hair started getting thick. Detangling was a BREEZE. His hair is so much more manageable now. I LOVE this Shea stuff! I'm down to the bottom of my Shea mix container, so I'll be whipping up a batch or 2 this weekend.

Chicoro

I washed my son's hair the other day, and it was the easiest wash day, ever since his hair started getting thick. Detangling was a BREEZE. His hair is so much more manageable now. I LOVE this Shea stuff! I'm down to the bottom of my Shea mix container, so I'll be whipping up a batch or 2 this weekend.

Good for you, and especially good for him!

NicWhite

I probably should stay out of here but........

I know nothing about using Shea Butter. Can you ladies answer a few questions for my “friend”? :blush2:

Do you have to keep Shea butter in the fridge?
How long does it stay before it goes bad?
Once it is mixed with other oil, vitamin E., and essential oils, does that need to go into the fridge?
Is it easy to remoisterize hair after using a Shea butter mix?

That’s all the questions she has for now. I will be back if she has anymore. :look: TIA

Chicoro

I know nothing about using Shea Butter. Can you ladies answer a few questions for my “friend”? :blush2:

Do you have to keep Shea butter in the fridge? No. I don't keep mine there.
How long does it stay before it goes bad? Never-If it is high quality, grade A. Average to poor quality Shea butter can last from 12 to 24 months. That is because it may have been made with too much water. Thanks for the education @lalla ! Well made, high quality Shea butter can last indefinitely, in theory.
Once it is mixed with other oil, vitamin E., and essential oils, does that need to go into the fridge? No, I don't keep mine there.
Is it easy to remoisterize hair after using a Shea butter mix? Yes. I usually re-wet or remoisten my hair and then re-apply Shea butter and my hair feels moist, not dry and hard.
That’s all the questions she has for now. I will be back if she has anymore. :look: TIA

Tell your 'friend' that she can come and ask any questions she wants. When someone teaches you..err...um..I mean your friend, they reinforce the information, knowledge and understanding for themselves. It's a win win situation.

Besides, we are heading for almost 2,000 posts. Who wants to crawl through that much information with the distinct possibility of still not being able to find the answer? See my responses to your friend.

Anyone else, please feel free to chime in!

NicWhite's friend's questions and my answers:

1. Do you have to keep Shea butter in the fridge? No. I don't keep mine there.
  2. How long does it stay before it goes bad? Never-If it is high quality, grade A. Average to poor quality Shea butter can last from 12 to 24 months. That is because it may have been made with too much water. Thanks for the education @lalla ! High quality Shea butter can last indefinitely, in theory.
  3. Once it is mixed with other oil, vitamin E., and essential oils, does that need to go into the fridge? No, I don't keep mine there.
  4. Is it easy to remoisterize hair after using a Shea butter mix? Yes. I usually re-wet or remoisten my hair and then re-apply Shea butter and my hair feels moist, not dry and hard.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The way this is written, it's like 'stanks' is a part of its 'official' qualities and components. This made me chuckle.
@Chicoro
Some properties are harder to cover up than others. :ohwell: Another "Stanky" Oil IMO.

And WGO like Neem and some others unpleasantly scented oils have a mind of their own.:nono:...:barf:

Like: "No, No, No...You will not hide me, you will not break down my "official qualities and components":nono2:

Aggie

I just used up the remainder of the ayur-shea butter mixed with my deep conditioner and it felt wonderful going on my strands. It felt tangled before and now it feels a lot more moisturized and soft to the touch.

It's time to mix up some more. I'll get on that after running all my errands today.

caribeandiva

Human being
I just used up the remainder of the ayur-shea butter mixed with my deep conditioner and it felt wonderful going on my strands. It felt tangled before and now it feels a lot more moisturized and soft to the touch.

It's time to mix up some more. I'll get on that after running all my errands today.
What difference did you notice between using regular whipped Shea Butter vs the Ayurvedic Shea Butter?

caribeandiva

Human being

Do you have to keep Shea butter in the fridge?
How long does it stay before it goes bad?
Once it is mixed with other oil, vitamin E., and essential oils, does that need to go into the fridge?
Is it easy to remoisterize hair after using a Shea butter mix?

I totally agree with @Chicoro and her answers. No need to keep it in the fridge, doesn’t expire and easy to remoisturize with.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
It's about to be ON!
Cleopatrachoice site Pre- LHCF
View attachment 423429

Cleopatrachoice site Post- LHCF

View attachment 423431

Ya'll don't know how to buy just 1 item. You got to sweep through like locust and clean a place out.

Thus, stronger measures need to be put in place to keep some of you back, to ensure there is merchandise available:

I know right?! We always gotta come through and show out! :spinning: