Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Jade Feria

I stalk this thread everyday:hide: and lowkey using shea butter on my flatironed or blown out hair for weeks now. So far I've been loving it.
@ms.blue....

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My hair has been in a puff for days and days. I watched it shrinking and did not retwist it. I've just been dealing with fatigue lately, for some reason.

Anyway, this afternoon I got in the shower and let lukewarm water run over my hair. I then applied the best prepoo in the world--Shea Moisture High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque (the third ingredient is Shea butter).

:thud:

I am amazed! I have so few KNOTS! The Shea butter I applied days and days and days ago -- to install my twists -- has kept my hair nicely clumped with little tangling.

I am really amazed.

Amazed.

Amazed!!!

Aggie

So the Cleopatra website shipped the next day after the order was placed. Impressive. They also used UPS and the box is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.

View attachment 423567
OMG! My package shipped too @ElevatedEnergy. I am very impressed with this vendor already. I was already on there looking to see what else I might be interested in purchasing later. I'm looking at skin care products and SB for now. I'll be getting my Argan Oil from NDA.

caribeandiva

Human being
Got some winter shea mask recipes to share to keep those strands buttery soft and the scalp supple in this cold, dry season.

Shea mask Recipe #1
Cream Shea Delight!

Starts with oat milk. If you have experience making nut milks, it is exactly the same. Soak the oats in water overnight, blend then strain. I find knee highs gets the job done the best for straining.

View attachment 421515

View attachment 421517

If you dont want to use home made oat milk you could just use coconut milk and be done with it but it is not the same. Oat milk is thicker, richer, creamier and because of its mucilage has amazing slip. I found it to work pretty awesome on its own as a pre-poo mask.

View attachment 421519

However this is a shea recipe so go ahead and separate out around 4 ounces of oat milk add a few spoonfuls of your whipped shea butter and about 1/4 teaspoon of honey.
View attachment 421523
Mix well.

View attachment 421521

Use on dry hair pre-wash. Slip and slide from the slippery oat milk and shea butter combined for about a hour.

(This is still my favorite GIF...I'mma put it in my signature!!! LOL)

Tell your winter dry hair and scalp to be gone boo!

Shampoo & Condition as normal. This treatment is very concentrated so I would recommend to do it once or twice a month. Also any oat milk that is leftover can be frozen. I like to measure enough for each treatment, pour into molds and separate so I can just use as needed.

View attachment 421525

View attachment 421527
Thank you for sharing this recipe! I’m filing this away for future use.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My He.man.i Oils came today:
x1 Nettle Oil
x1 Rosemary Oil

Will make a SB-Blend. Maybe using both and mixing in a drop or two of Horsetail Oil.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
If it's any consolation to you, I think 30 days would be enough to tell if it's working for you.

Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you! I've been on LHCF since 2003 and I have NEVER posted so much or hosted any kind of thread or challenge. But Shea Butter don't care. All of of this went down in 2017 and that's when Shea butter entered my life and, "Turned me OUT!"

I'm trying to work through my own 10 Step Addiction to shea butter. :cantlook:
Maybe together, we'll work it out! :alcoholics:
For clarification, you just started using your shea butter mix in 2017?
@Chicoro

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
My hair has been in a puff for days and days. I watched it shrinking and did not retwist it. ...
I am amazed! I have so few KNOTS! The Shea butter I applied days and days and days ago -- to install my twists -- has kept my hair nicely clumped with little tangling...
Amazed!!!

The power, the fun and the joy of Shea butter is in the 'klumping'!
Clumping is partly why Shea butters is so effective in the retention of hair.

~Klump, klump on.~

Last edited:

Chicoro

My hair has been in a puff for days and days. I watched it shrinking and did not retwist it. I've just been dealing with fatigue lately, for some reason.

Anyway, this afternoon I got in the shower and let lukewarm water run over my hair. I then applied the best prepoo in the world--Shea Moisture High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque (the third ingredient is Shea butter).

:thud:

I am amazed! I have so few KNOTS! The Shea butter I applied days and days and days ago -- to install my twists -- has kept my hair nicely clumped with little tangling.

I am really amazed.

Amazed.

Amazed!!!

Baby, you just got over the flu. And, you not only had to care for yourself, you had to care for your little one, too. It takes time to recover. Some things can wait, like hair. Health cannot. It's okay to take it slow.

Chicoro

I go through about 500 grams of Shea butter per month. That's about 1 pound per month! :eek:

I'm basing my measurements on the fact that I make about 1 batch of whipped Shea butter per month and always use the glass jar in the picture, below.

Shea jar.jpg

The base of my batch in the jar is about 500 grams. That little white bucket contains 500 grams of Shea butter.

I'm a Shea butter 'slatherer' , who is also quite heavy-handed with product. I also like to re-do my braids daily, when I can. And each time I re-do my hair, I ply and pack on the Shea butter!
Empty Jar.JPG
My jar is empty and clean and ready to receive the February batch of Shea butter. I want to get some lemongrass essential oil. Then I'll be ready to create my new batch of Shea Satisfaction.
~Shea Satisfaction~

More Shea butter, brings out the beauty of my hair more, the more photos I take and post!

Last edited:

Chicoro

I hope that Cleopatra site delivers, and on time! Because ya'll are going to be like this with the UPS man if you home when he drops off your packages:​

If Cleo is late or messes up the orders...

Let us know how this vendor works out for everyone, please!

I think Cleopatra is going to deliver in every sense of the word!

~It's: Shea Butter Time~

Last edited:

Chicoro

There was some discussion about calendula upthread. Here's an interesting recipe that combines Shea butter and calendula for healing and drawing out toxins in the skin.

Drawing salve.jpg

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
  • 2 tablespoons calendula Infused olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon arnica oil
  • 1 tablespoon aloe vera
  • 1 teaspoon activated charcoal
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 2 tablespoons shea butter
  • 10 drops frankincense essential oil
  • 10 drops tea tree oil
https://draxe.com/homemade-drawing-salve/

Chicoro

Another source for Shea Butter: http://africanfairtradesociety.com

African Fair Trade Society Box 118-2646 East Hastings Vancouver BC, V5K 1Z6 Canada

African Fair Trade Society.png

• For orders over 60 dollars, shipping is free to the US .
  • They have wholesale prices.
  • They have 25, 50, 75 and 100 pound quantities for sale.

Other information on the site in FAQ section.
http://africanfairtradesociety.com/shea-butter-faq/
  • How does Shea butter heal my skin? Shea Butter has a very high “healing fraction”, up to 12% of the butter’s make-up (more than any other type of seed oil). These amazing healing properties have shown great success in treating various skin problems such as wrinkles, blemishes, skin allergies, eczema, and other skin conditions. Shea Butter can be used when treating minor cuts, scrapes, and soothing sunburns. Shea butter also has the ability to reduce inflammation, which makes shea butter the premiere product to speed the healing of skin that has undergone cosmetic surgery or tattooing.
  • How does Shea butter protect my skin? Shea Butter has a naturally occurring latex that places an “active seal” on your skin. The moisture of your skin is sealed in while the shea butter protects your skin from outside environmental factors, such as dirt and pollution. Your skin is nourished, moisturized and protected throughout the day. Shea Butter also provides light protection from the sun, and works with your sunscreen, by moisturizing and protecting your skin from absorbing the sunscreen. We highly recommend you always take precautions when out in the sun for an extended time.

Last edited:

Chicoro

Did you know that Shea Butter works GREAT on heat straightened hair, too? :drunk:
Just ask @ms.blue and @flyygirlll2 !

I stalk this thread everyday:hide: and lowkey using shea butter on my flatironed or blown out hair for weeks now. So far I've been loving it.

I used my SB mix on my blow out and it’s great.

Interesting. I would think it would be too greasy to use on heat straightened hair. But you both are the proof in the pudding and have the experience and positive results! I am looking forward to straightening my hair in the summer and maintaining my style with Shea Butter!

Last edited:

lalla

I go through about 500 grams of Shea butter per month. That's about 1 pound per month! :eek:

I'm basing my measurements on the fact that I make about 1 batch of whipped Shea butter per month and always use the glass jar in the picture, below.

The base of my batch in the jar is about 500 grams. That little white bucket contains 500 grams of Shea butter.

I'm a Shea butter 'slatherer' , who is also quite heavy-handed with product. I also like to re-do my braids daily, when I can. And each time I re-do my hair, I ply and pack on the Shea butter!
My jar is empty and clean and ready to receive the February batch of Shea butter. I want to get some lemongrass essential oil. Then I'll be ready to create my new batch of Shea Satisfaction.
~Shea Satisfaction~

More Shea butter, brings out the beauty of my hair more, the more photos I take and post!

That’a a lot !
I am starting to think that our Shea routine really resemble the chebe routine of Tchadian women.

For those who would like to use calendula, I suggest buying calendula co2 extract. CO2 extraction is the latest technology in plant extraction and it works very well. A few drops is all you need to get all the benefits of the plant.

Chicoro

That’a a lot !
I am starting to think that our Shea routine really resemble the chebe routine of Tchadian women.

For those who would like to use calendula, I suggest buying calendula co2 extract. CO2 extraction is the latest technology in plant extraction and it works very well. A few drops is all you need to get all the benefits of the plant.

What do you mean? Can you explain and/or elaborate , please? :)

Chicoro

That’a a lot !

Girl, I'm committed and devoted.
I layer it like lather on my hair, and bathe in it on my body.
I've been telling ya'll Shea Butter got ME!
It just sucks you in...

I've got issues. Don't judge me...

I'm just going to ride with the butta'
who wit' me?

Last edited:

Chicoro

Chicoro

Finally, a vendor even LHCF can't clean out!

The African Fair Trade Society also sells in bulk amounts of 1,000 to 60,000 pounds of Shea butter for your needs. Just give them a call. **Call for larger options (From 1,000 pounds to 60,000 pounds)

Have a Shea Sensational Week!

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Did you know that Shea Butter works GREAT on heat straightened hair, too? :drunk:
Just ask @ms.blue and @flyygirlll2 !

Interesting. I would think it would be too greasy to use on heat straightened hair. But you both are the proof in the pudding and have the experience and positive results! I am looking forward to straightening my hair in the summer and maintaining my style with Shea Butter!

It’s not too greasy actually. If I touch my hair, I can only see a little bit of oil on my fingers but it’s not grease city. The weather here is cold so I’m not wearing my hair out. It’s in two strand twists. I added some Chebe powder to my SB mix that I’ve been using and so far so good.