SimpleKomplexity's March 2011 Progress pics

SimpleKomplexity

[January 8, 2011 (Got a hair cut back to shoulder length)

As you all know I got my hair cut two months ago and ended up back at shoulder length. I was about 1 month post with that trim and I waited an additional 2 more months (because I was thinking of transitioning) before getting another relaxer. My last relaxer was on December 4, 2010. I finally relaxed with ORS Olive Oil No-Lye and I'm right back at the tip of APL.

I'm using my scar for a reference point.The top of the light part of my scar is about APL and my hair is now touching the top of that section. .

March 15 2011 Progress Picture (Back to APL)

I think I'ma stay regular on the trims and just with every relaxer trim off 1/4 of an inch or so

Before March 15, 2011 Trim

After March 15, 2011 Trim

Regimen
Shampoo once a week with Keracare Hydrating Shampoo
Cowash twice a week with ORS Replenishing Conditioner, Keracare Humecto, Silk Elements Olive Oil Moisturizing Treatment
Rollerset after wash
Bun 3-4 days out the week around the 4th week post
(I was in the Sulfur Challenge...but that only lasted for like a week or two :look:. I get forgetful and I like to only put it on at night because it's greasy...but I prefer to sleep at night so....yeah...I'm lazy)
Direct hear 2-3 times a month

Flatironed hair | March 15, 2011

Last edited:

SimpleKomplexity

Nice, your hair grows quickly :)

I think it just grows the average 1/2 of an inch a month, but I think I retained most if not all of it since I've actually been applying the wave nouveau moisturizing lotion on it at least every other day and conditioning 3 times a week. I used to slack up on the moisturizing a lot because I felt it takes a lot of time...but I might need to keep it up lol

cutenss

You grow gurl...do what works for ya :up: so you can make your goal. I can sometimes get lazy with my hair too, but I keep on keepin' on :yep:

AlliCat

Nice progress. I like that you're using your scars to track your length. I do the same with with my scars from when I had chickenpox (yes I still have a few :()

SimpleKomplexity

I like how you're keeping your ends blunt. :) I thought you wanted to go natural though?

I thought about it and first I don't think I was doing it for the right reason (I was stressed in school, tired of seeing the books, and wanted to change things up to feel "free".

Then I cut that patch in my head (it's like 1.5 inches long) and it was kinda hard to keep up, keep detangled, keep moisturized, and keep knots from forming. (I loved seeing those spirals though. Man I have some curly hair. I think I'm too lazy right now to transition right. :lol: I need some braids or something....and more patience.

And man this hair has been a struggle. I came on this board like ear length and to see how much I've grown with my relaxed hair....I kinda don't wanna let it go or "give up" on it. I've been enjoying this journey quite a bit.

And I think I was being kinda pressured to do it. My best friend BCed in December. Both of us stopped having relaxers at about the same time. She wanted someone to be on the journey with her. Explaining how it was beautiful how mentally she was changing. I read some thread where the girl said she loved her relaxed hair and she didn't need natural hair to broaden her horizons, change her perspectives, or blah blah blah. Relaxed hair was right for her (anyone know what thread that was? I really liked that post. I'll quote it if I knew who it was). I agreed so much with the post that I decided.....transition ended... but I still waited another week to make sure.

fivetimestwo

Awesome progress! I remember reading your thread about the setback and how upset for you. I'm glad you're making good progress and I'm happy for you! :yep: