Sl 2016 Challenge

faithVA

Does your twist out hang down. My twists don't stay down at all. And of course when I unravel them they stand straight up and go every which way. Maybe I need to pay closer attention to how I do them.
Take a stocking cap and pull I down over your twist to keep them flat. Position your twist the way you want your twist out to fall.

Also if you use oil see if your twist lay better if you oil the lower half and not your roots. Oil makes my hair stiffen up and my twist become more unruly.

LdyKamz

Take a stocking cap and pull I down over your twist to keep them flat. Position your twist the way you want your twist out to fall.

Also if you use oil see if your twist lay better if you oil the lower half and not your roots. Oil makes my hair stiffen up and my twist become more unruly.
Going to try that next week.

gvin89

Had to leave the APL crew to come hang with yall for the rest of the year. I chopped again last year. My hair is was in such a bad state. I'll post a pic after I take down my current style.

What length are you now? Cut to NL yesterday

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural

What's your plan to reach SL? Weekly TLC and flat twist updos

What's your regimen? Revamping at the moment

How will you celebrate/reward yourself when you reach SL? mmmm, not sure

LdyKamz

Wasn't able to do my weekly routine the way I wanted because there's no hot water again. This is getting ridiculous. Washing your hair in cold water is a form of torture I swear!

faithVA

I feel so glad I big chop. I don't have to worry about putting a relaxer in my head...i can start fresh...and though I know it will probably take a few years to reach my hair goal, I think It will be fun being natural.
I really hope you like it. It is going to be fun watching you grow. You never know. Your hair might just flourish beyond your wildest dreams.

faithVA

Wasn't able to do my weekly routine the way I wanted because there's no hot water again. This is getting ridiculous. Washing your hair in cold water is a form of torture I swear!

Could you heat up some water and fill a sink to use that water for the rinse? Just a thought.

faithVA

I had a very active weekend so I really wasn't feeling a long hair session. So I just used a cowash cleanser on my scalp, applied my leave in, saturated my hair with gel and put in flat twist. I said I was going to do 2 strands until June but I may just switch back and forth depending on how much time I have.

My flat twist are longer :yay:

jennifer30

I really hope you like it. It is going to be fun watching you grow. You never know. Your hair might just flourish beyond your wildest dreams.
Ooo I know huh. I'm gonna post some pics at the end of this session. I can.t wait to see what my hair will look like in the coming months...

jennifer30

I had a very active weekend so I really wasn't feeling a long hair session. So I just used a cowash cleanser on my scalp, applied my leave in, saturated my hair with gel and put in flat twist. I said I was going to do 2 strands until June but I may just switch back and forth depending on how much time I have.

My flat twist are longer :yay:
You are growing

faithVA

I tried but my sinks are too deep so I tried to pour the warm water over my head and made a mess. Lol It was a mess. That's when I put my head under the faucet and thought I was going to pass out.

Yeah cold water is hard. I rinse my hair in cool water so my color doesn't wash completely out and that is hard. I don't know what I'm going to do in the winter.

If your water isn't back on yet, I hope it is soon.

LdyKamz

Yeah cold water is hard. I rinse my hair in cool water so my color doesn't wash completely out and that is hard. I don't know what I'm going to do in the winter.

If your water isn't back on yet, I hope it is soon.
Oh wow I don't know how you do it.

Water came back on while I was out of course. This stupid building.

LdyKamz

I had a dream that I pulled my hair and it was WHIP length. It was all because of my new eating regimen and I had only been on it for two weeks. It was amazing. :lol: I hope it means I will have some great growth from May through August. :yep:
Lol that sounds like a sweet dream. Have you changed your diet lately? Healthyneating, lots of exercise and more water is making a crazy difference in my hair I'm so shocked.

So y'all gonna be mad at me. I cut the mullet. It's growing too long and wearing my hair straight is starting to look ridiculous. It's practically a long tail just hanging down my neck so I cut it back. Now I need to figure out how to cut better so my hair grows out one length.

@jennifer30 being natural isn't anymore easier or harder for me I don't think. When I was relaxed I did the same thing except I didn't wash my hair as much because styling without heat was a challenge for me. I will say being natural is more fun. It does get easier as your hair grows out. You have a better chance of getting to know as you grow. As opposed to covering until you reach a desired length then having to figure out what to do with all your hair.

faithVA

:yep:Is being natural easy for you guys...which one of u were relaxed? I know u were faithva

Yes I was relaxed for about 30 years. I big chopped when I tried the texlaxed thing. That didn't last long. I wore a twa for 5 years. I have been letting my hair grow out since 2009. Then I big chopped again in 2012 due to damage. So I have been growing it out since 2012.

Naw, it's not easy. But the longer it gets the easier it gets. It's not easy because to grow it out there can be a lot to learn about your hair, products, styling. But if you invest the time it pays off.

My hair is low porosity, dry, high shrinkage, 4b, short and graying. That requires great patience and lots of time. But since I don't want to wear a twa forever and my scalp doesn't like a relaxer I just have to accept it and make it work. It will pay off in the end.

jennifer30

Wow faith
You wore a twa for five years? I guess I wouldn't mind wearing a twa for five years I mean only if I could do something with it...lol

GGsKin

:yep:Is being natural easy for you guys...which one of u were relaxed? I know u were faithva

For me, having natural hair is not easier or harder than relaxed hair but it was definitely a learning curve in terms of finding what works for me and my hair. I use fewer products on my natural hair because she only likes a few things. My wash day is much longer as a natural head and I try to wash my hair more often than the once a week I used to do when my hair was relaxed.

Janet'

@faithVA I'm ok...this immobile thing is for the birds on so many levels! But, just a little while longer (6 to 8 more weeks) of being in the boot and then I will at least be able to try to move about normally...

gvin89

I transitioned in braids which was a breeze. Once I BCd, it was too short to do anything but wear a fro. I was styled challenged and limited to 2 strand twists, twist outs, and pinups. It was challenging finding products and I was constantly jumping on a bandwagon versus just paying attention to what really worked on my hair.

I was good and diligent for awhile. Messed up November 2014 when my sister took ill. I've been trying to get back on track...life hits every few months. So I BCd again a few weeks ago. So no, it's not easy but I have no desire to relax.