Sl 2016 Challenge

faithVA

Yesterday I ended up just doing a wng since I didn't feel like twisting it up. It held up pretty well. This morning I rinsed and did a mudwash with Teraveda Organix Mudwash. I used As I Am gel on wet hair while in the shower. I'm back in my flat twist until my mid-week wash on Wednesday.

I think I see my hair getting a little bit longer. Still have 3 more months to get some more growth. I've been off my game for a minute but the beginning of October going to get back on my healthy diet, nutrition, water, exercise and sleep :yep:

LdyKamz

I wish I would have taken better progress pics of my nape. The growth I got this year in that area alone is astounding. I could barely twist back there before. Cramping my fingers trying to twist. And now I can pull it down and twist , put it on a roller, a flexi rod and all that. But I don't dare do anything but twist unless I want to lose all my progress.

I combed it out just now and the very bottom part right below my ears is the only part that can't go into pony tails when I section my hair. Before the whole section with the part starting above my ear was in bad shape. Anyway I say all that to say I'm happy with that progress alone for this year if I don't see any other changes. I just wanted to share my joy with you guys since no one IRL cares about my hair. Haha

Last edited:

Evolving78

i was gonna straighten my hair today, but it has the nerve to be raining right now! It's suppose to rain for the next several days! Like 4 days in a row!

faithVA

I wish I would have taken better progress pics of my nape. The growth I got this year in that area alone is astounding. I could barely twist back there before. Cramping my fingers trying to twist. And now I can pull it down and twist , put it on a roller, a flexi rod and all that. But I don't dare do anything but twist unless I want to lose all my progress.

I combed it out just now and the very bottom part right below my ears is the only part that can't go into pony tails when I section my hair. Before the whole section with the part starting above my ear was in bad shape. Anyway I say all that to say I'm happy with that progress alone for this year if I don't see any other changes. I just wanted to share my joy with you guys since no one IRL cares about my hair. Haha
Definitely start taking more pictures. It's not too late.

Evolving78

I was told not to straighten my hair...I don't know how I feel about that? SO said he likes my hair in its natural state and he likes my coily fro. Well I'm sick of that! Lol he said he doesn't want me to do anything to my hair that would cause me to have to cut it again... I was itching to straighten. Now I'm lost! lol I don't normally listen to any man when it comes to my hair..

faithVA

I was told not to straighten my hair...I don't know how I feel about that? SO said he likes my hair in its natural state and he likes my coily fro. Well I'm sick of that! Lol he said he doesn't want me to do anything to my hair that would cause me to have to cut it again... I was itching to straighten. Now I'm lost! lol I don't normally listen to any man when it comes to my hair..

My SO said something similar. He didn't say I couldn't but when I spoke of straightening my hair he got this look on his face.

You can try some curlformers. Or if you don't have to have it bone straight you can straighten on a very low setting. When I straightened mine in August, I straightened on 305 or 310 and it was straight enough. As long as you stay in the low 300s and use heat protectant you can make it work.

I agree with my SO. I don't want to have to cut again and go through this slow grow out process.

Evolving78

Do I have enough hair for curlformers? I never tried those before. I might try the low setting temp and use my hot rollers for some extra curl.

faithVA

Do I have enough hair for curlformers? I never tried those before. I might try the low setting temp and use my hot rollers for some extra curl.

Yes you have enough hair. I've been doing curlformers since early last year. I've posted pics of my sets.

LdyKamz

My SO said something similar. He didn't say I couldn't but when I spoke of straightening my hair he got this look on his face.

You can try some curlformers. Or if you don't have to have it bone straight you can straighten on a very low setting. When I straightened mine in August, I straightened on 305 or 310 and it was straight enough. As long as you stay in the low 300s and use heat protectant you can make it work.

I agree with my SO. I don't want to have to cut again and go through this slow grow out process.
I guess the guys know what they are talking about. Last year I was complaining about little growth and he was like you keep straightening and cutting it. Put the "hot tools" down and then you can put the scissors down. Even though he said it I had to settle on that decision myself. I don't listen to him.

Evolving78

I r
I guess the guys know what they are talking about. Last year I was complaining about little growth and he was like you keep straightening and cutting it. Put the "hot tools" down and then you can put the scissors down. Even though he said it I had to settle on that decision myself. I don't listen to him.
i really don't want to listen to him! :lachen:

faithVA

I have a feeling that my crown and the top back of my hair is going to grow faster than my nape. My nape should have been APL by now but it is just dragging along. But my crown is at my nape and growing.

I guess the good thing about my crown growing so fast is I may be able to get my hair evened up in the back in the Spring and I won't have this shelf thing going on :yep:

I'm looking forward to our December check in. 90 more days ladies. Let the count down begin.

LdyKamz

I think I've fallen off of my schedule a little bit. Life has gotten in the way a little bit and I'm always off by a day or 2 when it's time to cowash. That screws me up and then it's hard for me to remember if I washed and what I did. I have to pull my notebook out again to keep track. I stopped writing in it because I stopped experimenting with styles.

Evolving78

Ok so I'm blow drying my hair right now, and yeah... I'm hard headed and do what I wanna do! It's Opposite Day! :lachen:
So far I'm having a great session, but my kids keep acting up...
Hopefully I can be done soon! Here are some pics! My hair is shrinking up when I have to stop and get order around here.

Attachments

• IMG_7099.JPG
    IMG_7099.JPG
    841.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7101.JPG
    IMG_7101.JPG
    849.7 KB · Views: 27

LdyKamz

Ok so I'm blow drying my hair right now, and yeah... I'm hard headed and do what I wanna do! It's Opposite Day! :lachen:
Hopefully I can be done soon! Here are some pics! My hair is shrinking up when I have to stop and get order around here.
What's your blow drying technique? The blowout is coming out fantastic.

Evolving78

What's your blow drying technique? The blowout is coming out fantastic.
Thank you girl!
I'm using the comb attachment. I have the silver bird by conair.
The products I used are Elasta QP mango leave in cream and spray. For heat protectant, I used ORS grapeseed spray.
Since I backed away from using products with protein, my hair doesn't feel dry and stiff.

Oh and I make sure my hair is good and damp. None of that semi airdry stuff. My hair is too coily for that.

LdyKamz

Thank you girl!
I'm using the comb attachment. I have the silver bird by conair.
The products I used are Elasta QP mango leave in cream and spray. For heat protectant, I used ORS grapeseed spray.
Since I backed away from using products with protein, my hair doesn't feel dry and stiff.

Oh and I make sure my hair is good and damp. None of that semi airdry stuff. My hair is too coily for that.
I have to remember to use a comb attachment in December.

Guinan

Re-Branding

Dang your hair grows fast!!! I feel like you just cut it. Wasn't it shaved at one point?

faithVA

Your hair looks great. I love that shape.

Evolving78

Glad I'm straightening my hair! I get to see my progress and trim. Yeah I will be sticking to this every 8 weeks.
Ok yeah so my hair is revert, due to somebody taking a hot steaming shower.. so I just put my bonnet on and will finish later. Still got a small crown section to go.

faithVA

Glad I'm straightening my hair! I get to see my progress and trim. Yeah I will be sticking to this every 8 weeks.
Ok yeah so my hair is revert, due to somebody taking a hot steaming shower.. so I just put my bonnet on and will finish later. Still got a small crown section to go.
I'm going to resist temptation and surprise myself in December. I'm hoping it is a pleasant surprise. I know I will need to take off 1/2" to 1" in December but hopefully it won't hurt too badly.