SL to APL and beyond

princessdi

For all of those who are now either APL or beyond, did you always have long hair and was it always easy to grow out? I'm struggling to get to APL and I'm wondering (if I ever get to APL) will my hair continue to grow longer or if that will be as long as it gets. My goal this year was to reach APL by Dec. 08, but (unless a mircale happens) that is not going to happen, so I'm just going to look forward to reaching next year's goal and that is to reach BSL by December 09. Since it has been such a task for me to reach APL I need all the encouragement I can get from those of you, like me, struggled to reach your goals but are now there.

Please share your stories for a bit of encouragement.

Thank you.

watchmegrow

Um, excuse me but looking at your pics, you'll be just reaching APL by Christmas, in my opinion:yep:. It looks like your growing fine. Your probably like me, staring at your hair all the time.

Geminigirl

Patience and care will get you there. I thought I'd be APL by Dec 08 as well. Although I won't be the health of my hair has improved and I look forward to swinging my APL hair next summer.

princessdi

Um, excuse me but looking at your pics, you'll be just reaching APL by Christmas, in my opinion:yep:. It looks like your growing fine. Your probably like me, staring at your hair all the time.

I think I would have been APL by Christmas but my stylist had to cut at least 1 1/2 inches off. I'm still hoping to reach that goal but I'm not sure, but thanks for the vote of confidence.:yawn:

CHECKMATE!

For all of those who are now either APL or beyond, did you always have long hair and was it always easy to grow out? I'm struggling to get to APL and I'm wondering (if I ever get to APL) will my hair continue to grow longer or if that will be as long as it gets. My goal this year was to reach APL by Dec. 08, but (unless a mircale happens) that is not going to happen, so I'm just going to look forward to reaching next year's goal and that is to reach BSL by December 09. Since it has been such a task for me to reach APL I need all the encouragement I can get from those of you, like me, struggled to reach your goals but are now there.

Please share your stories for a bit of encouragement.

Thank you.

great thread:yep:...my hair was always SL,until i stop trimming and started protective styling,these 2 things have helped me to retain length:yep:

NYAmicas

Seeker
I didnt always have this length hair and it wasn't always easy to grow. From elementary school to HS my hair was barely shoulder length and looked horrific. It wasnt until I started going to get my hair relaxed every 2 months for a touch up did my hair stop breaking like crazy and I was able to retain growth. I also stopped letting people trim it all the time. Following advice from this site I learned to stretch my relaxers and properly wash it out when I touch up, also the importance of moisture and now Im at BSL.