So I Confess! I AM a product junkie!

I usually lurk and read threads and slightly mock the product junkies while secretly coveting and purchasing the products myself.:lachen:

But I realized that I'm not just a product junkie for my hair. Oh no. I'm also guilty of product junkyism for my skin products, even cleaning products. Since I'm confessing, I will add that I'm a gadget queen too.

I am a 4a/4b with some 3c mixed in and 19 months post relaxer. I have not big chopped and instead I use braids as a protective style to transition. I am Neck Length but with serious shrinkage, I'm usually ear length.

I don't think there's any hope for me is there? And joining this board was the absolute worst thing for my habit. This place is like a crack factory. I've purchased the following since joining this board:

1 inch FHI Flat Iron $249.99
Chi Rocket Blow dryer I forgot the price but I know it cost me more than $100
Caruso Hair Steamers and Rollers $49.99
Conair Steamer Flat Iron $99.00

Protective Styles
Braid my hair every 3 months
$80.00 for the stylist plus $20.00 on the hair
Wigs
I bought 2 at $40.00 each.
2 phony ponies
$10.00 each

Products
Paul Mitchell Detangling Conditioner
Chi Straight Guard
Chi Silk Infusion
Kenra Shampoo and Conditioner
Beyond The Zone (Super Sleek)
Silk Elements Heat Protectant
Big Sexy Hair Leave In conditioner
Grandmas's Secret Recipe Leave In Conditioner
EVOO
EVCO
Jojoba Oil
Megatek
Peppermint Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Garnier Moisture Works

I have my eye on/Wish List
Deep Conditioner and Home Steamer $99.99 to $149.99
FHI Flat Iron Runway $399.99:wallbash:
Joico Products
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding

Last edited:

Allandra

Wow girl. You got it bad, but you sure do have some good stuff. :yep:

I have a FHI Runway, and I love that flat iron!

Keep us posted on your hair care products.

:)

I figured confession was good for the soul. Then I went out and bought some more products tonight. I've now acquired unrefined shea butter and the Organix Tea Tree Shampoo, Organix Moisturizing Mango Pomengranate Conditioner.

Plus...yes there is a plus, Organix Anti-Breakage Coconut Milk Shine Serum. I had to buy that.

All total, I only spent $23.00.

I'm adding Wen products to my covet list.

There really is no help for me.

Last edited:
Well, yeah. But then I went out today to Whole Foods and Sally's.

I left Whole Foods with:

Unrefined shaw butter with frankincense and myrrh
Aloe Vera Gel
100 percent Cocoa Butter
Vitamin E Oil

At Sally's:
Proclaim Curl Activator
IC Hair Polisher with Olive Oil
Hair One Olive Oil
Proclaim Beeswax

At Walmart:
Africa's Best Herbal Essential Oils
Organix Coconut Oil Anti-breakage Serum

Last edited:

Allandra

I figured confession was good for the soul. Then I went out and bought some more products tonight. I've now acquired unrefined shea butter and the Organix Tea Tree Shampoo, Organix Moisturizing Mango Pomengranate Conditioner.

Plus...yes there is a plus, Organix Anti-Breakage Coconut Milk Shine Serum. I had to buy that.

All total, I only spent $23.00.

I'm adding Wen products to my covet list.

There really is no help for me.
The Organix Anti-Breakage Coconut Milk Serum is GREAT. I love that stuff.

I have 2 WEN cleansing conditioners (fig and sweet almond mint). I love them both.

I got my unrefined shea butter on Tuesday. I mixed up a nice batch for my body moisturized (love it - talk about buttery smooth skin).

JJamiah

YOur list is lovely, Ahhhhh, I love living through others shopping, makes me feel great. When I shop it is the ultimate high though. LOL

leigh.hill

You bought all that today?!?! I thought I was bad in buying Aveeno Leave-in, Aubrey Protein Cond, and Cantu Leave-in this weekend. Ahhhh, I feel much better now! Thanks girl. You have some great products on that list.

The Organix Anti-Breakage Coconut Milk Serum is GREAT. I love that stuff.

I have 2 WEN cleansing conditioners (fig and sweet almond mint). I love them both.

I got my unrefined shea butter on Tuesday. I mixed up a nice batch for my body moisturized (love it - talk about buttery smooth skin).
Wow! Your hair is the truth! I love it! The Organix Anti-Breakage Milk Serum is love. It is so light and fluffy and moisturizes my hair without leaving a residue.

You bought all that today?!?! I thought I was bad in buying Aveeno Leave-in, Aubrey Protein Cond, and Cantu Leave-in this weekend. Ahhhh, I feel much better now! Thanks girl. You have some great products on that list.

Yes I bought all of that this weekend. I'm horrible but it is what it is. So now on to tonight. I was in the grocery store tonight and I ran across Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Leave in on sale for $1.99. I bought 2 bottles. :lachen: It's wrong I know but I used it on my daughter's hair and it looks so pretty and healthy today that I've now added it to the regiment. And a sale is dangerous for a product junkie like myself. I'm actually wondering if I should have bought more.

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

Girl...dont even feel bad...you joined LHCF 1 month after me, and I could easily quadruple your list...I am in rehab except today I bought
CHI infra treatment
CHI straight guard
CHI silk infusion
CHI moisture mask
Origins Rich Rewards Conditioner
Tresseme heat protectant....

I was glad I walked away from the other conditioners I was going to buy... I am out of control...I have enough products to shave my head...grow it to waist length, then shave it again and grow it to hip length!!