So I found out some of my follicles on my temple area are dead

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
Hi ladies.

My hair is starting to grow in now. It's been two months and some change and I'm getting the baby hairs in. I will take some pictures tonight ( warning, my eight year old will be taking them since dh is not here) and I will post them either tonight are tomorrow.

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
I just added more pictures to the album. These pictures were taken about 20 minutes ago. I have a full sew in so if you see tracks um yeah:lol:

I don't mind you ladies looking but please do not repost the pictures anywhere. I know many like lurk this site.

MrsMe

Anonymous1 said:
I just added more pictures to the album. These pictures were taken about 20 minutes ago. I have a full sew in so if you see tracks um yeah:lol:

I don't mind you ladies looking but please do not repost the pictures anywhere. I know many like lurk this site.

Thank you for updating us! I'm off to see the pictures!
ETA: you healed up so nicely and I cam see the new growth! Congrats!
OT: are you my sister? :lol: She doesn't go on forums so I doubt it, but you remind me of her... I swear you two have the exact same complexion, skin and eye area right down to the shape of the eyebrows. :look: Hey sista! :lol:

Sent from my PG86100 using LHCF

Last edited:

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
Thank you for updating us! I'm off to see the pictures!
ETA: you healed up so nicely and I cam see the new growth! Congrats!
OT: are you my sister? :lol: She doesn't go on forums so I doubt it, but you remind me of her... I swear you two have the exact same complexion, skin and eye area right down to the shape of the eyebrows. :look: Hey sista! :lol:

Sent from my PG86100 using LHCF

MrsS

I just might be. You never know huh?:lol: I'm due for another eye wax too. I should have done all that before posting pictures. LOL

I have been using a emu/castor oil mix on my hairline too. I'm hoping it will make the hairs grow in faster.

MrsMe

Anonymous1 said:
For those who have the link and password, I updated last night. It's been four months already. If u want the link, pm me.

Yay! Updates!!!!!

ETA: it looks so great! Your curlies are coming out so nicely! I know I said before, but I'll say it again! Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF...if only it would stop correcting what I write.

Last edited:

MeechUK

MeechUK
My sis did that and her edges look brand new, as if nothing had happened. The cost is high but if you get a good surgical team, the results are worth it!!
I'm trying a few more solutions before giving in to hair transplant since I don't have the cash at hand right now and I have a few priorities before that.
I'm so tired of hiding my edges as well. :nono:
OP, about how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? My sis paid about $8,000 but her financial situation allows her to do it. :shocked:

Sent from my PG86100

Try Emu oil and yoghurt protein treatments! They cost a lot less and are very effective, I'm citing from personal experience!

MeechUK

MeechUK
I was told that years ago. My hair was relaxed and long, but my edges were very thin. I had a biopsy done, and they told me that my follicles were dead and that my hair would never grow in those areas again.

Now 20 years later, I decide to go natural.....and my edges are BACK.:perplexed

I'm so glad you told us this! Most scalp conditions can be cured or improved using natural ingredients. Trichologists proscribe chemicals which work to some extent but are expensive and one is paying for TLC. I switched up my regime using yoghurt, emu oil and baggying/GHE. I have seen a great improvement in my hair and its thickness, not to mention my scalp.

MeechUK

MeechUK
I thought going natural would help me as well. I've been relaxer-free for over 3 years and I have tried almost everything suggested on this site to grow them in with no progress.

Have you tried emu oil? Set yourself a challenge and document your progress, you have nothing to lose with emu oil which is a truly amazing addition to any hair regime!