Soultanicals Reviews

JerriBlank

Whale, whale, whale...no wonder they act all silly about their ingredients. I've been looking for this info forever. With the right ratios, you can make this **** at home. :perplexed:
Matter of fact, I remember seeing a similar concoction floating around the boards some years back.

Edit: meant to quote that E'tae caramel treatment ingredient post.

Last edited:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Initial thoughts

Detox Mask: very creamy, applied really easily, easy rinse out. My coils were popping (but that is on par for my hair with clay products). It left my hair very clean. This is truly a detox mask. My hair was super defined, soft, and felt nicely cleansed. Gingerbread scent didn't linger which was fine with me.

Agave DC: pretty slippy for me. I finger detangled as I applied it and had very little trouble doing so. Initially felt just so-so upon application (my usual with ST). After using heat cap for an hour, my hair was super soft during rinse out. It maintained most of the coil poppage I had from the detox mask. I used it on its own last night just to get a feel for it; my usual method will be on top of other DCs.

Overall: I like both at least at this moment. I'll reassess once I use the Agave DC how I intend to. For now, they are repurchases.

AgeinATL

Initial thoughts

Detox Mask: very creamy, applied really easily, easy rinse out. My coils were popping (but that is on par for my hair with clay products). It left my hair very clean. This is truly a detox mask. My hair was super defined, soft, and felt nicely cleansed. Gingerbread scent didn't linger which was fine with me.

Agave DC: pretty slippy for me. I finger detangled as I applied it and had very little trouble doing so. Initially felt just so-so upon application (my usual with ST). After using heat cap for an hour, my hair was super soft during rinse out. It maintained most of the coil poppage I had from the detox mask. I used it on its own last night just to get a feel for it; my usual method will be on top of other DCs.

Overall: I like both at least at this moment. I'll reassess once I use the Agave DC how I intend to. For now, they are repurchases.

Thank you for posting your review. Now I am even more excited!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Slip-N-Slide, Knot-Proof Hair Glide . . . initial impressions:
1. Tangles slid apart VERY easily (I'll reassess this property on a full detangle day)
2. Product required me to be very, very, very heavy-handed (not sure if this was because my hair was dryer than normal or what)
3. Smell is DELICIOUS

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Anyone newly using Curl Blaze Hair Glaze (I read previous reviews)? What are your thoughts?

I don't know how to describe the effect of this product on my hair. My hair is NEVER-FELT-LIKE-THIS-BEFORE light and airy and separated, defined, extremely soft and fluffy . . . not elongated. My curls look . . . healthy as all get out!

I think this is my hair's reaction to a truly light gel.

I feel like if I figure out how to better use this product or what to better combine this product with, it will be amazing. I used the diffuser after applying it. One reviewer at the Soultanicals site advises not touching it at all -- until dry -- for good results. I'll try that next time.

Interesting product. It's making me want to try a braid-out with it.

Z-kitty

Anyone newly using Curl Blaze Hair Glaze (I read previous reviews)? What are your thoughts?

I don't know how to describe the effect of this product on my hair. My hair is NEVER-FELT-LIKE-THIS-BEFORE light and airy and separated, defined, extremely soft and fluffy . . . not elongated. My curls look . . . healthy as all get out!

I think this is my hair's reaction to a truly light gel.

I feel like if I figure out how to better use this product or what to better combine this product with, it will be amazing. I used the diffuser after applying it. One reviewer at the Soultanicals site advises not touching it at all -- until dry -- for good results. I'll try that next time.

Interesting product. It's making me want to try a braid-out with it.
I have 4c hair that was chronically hard no matter what product I used. The curl glaze gives me great definition with soft hair that moves. In all my years of PJism my hair has never felt this great. I'm a recent convert to soultanicals turned Stan after 5 months of exclusive use.

Last edited:

AgeinATL

The Agave DC smells like caramel candy. Not strongly but it's there.
Texture is super loose, like you knock this over and it's a wrap cause you will lose half the bottle.

Just got my order today and you are right about the consistency of the Agave DC. For some odd reason, I was expecting/hoping for more of a syrup/honey like consistency. This is SUPER loose, almost watery. Smells kinda like cherry cough syrup? Even though I was expecting something different, I am excited to try it based on your review!

The detox is looser than her other DCs that I have tried. When you tip the jar, the product moves. I prefer this consistency for a detox because it should offer slip and be easy to rinse clean. Excited to try this one as well.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Soultanicals is having that Flash Sale with most 8 ounce products going for $10.

I am interested in purchasing a moisturizer from them that moisturizes as well or better than Oyin Hair Dew: The smell of Oyin Hair Dew drives me bananas.

Can anyone talk about the Soultanicals moisturizers and compare them to each other and to Oyin Hair Dew?

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone might have.