Soultanicals Reviews

suns4i6e said:
HanaKuroi, you should have emailed her about your order the minute after you took those pictures. In all fairness, she cannot address an issue when she's not aware it exists. Tell her your dissatisfaction with spilled product and running labels (no excuse for paper labels!) AND request the complimentary gift. In return, the least she should do is refund your order.

I will and I plan to. I am not being unfair. I was mad the day I took the pictures and didn't want to fire off and angry email.

I plan on writing this evening. I was just so disgusted, I had ti cool off. I was really disappointed and wasn't in the mood for an inappropriate response.

I'll update here.

I don't expect her to address my spilled product issue I meant the late packages issue. She knows who had late packages!

It is 4:30 where I live btw.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Last edited:
@HanaKuroi

I agree with you waiting until you calmed down.:yep:

There is nothing more nerve-wracking than having product spillage. :rolleyes:

And on top of that, the label issue and the lack of timeliness. I truly understand why you waited.

Hopefully, you'll get a Resolution you can live with. :look:

Great Products as long as you don't have a Customer Service issue.:rolleyes:

And in my IMO that is where this particular company could use some tightening up.:nono:

HanaKuroi, I totally understand venting instead of firing off an email in anger. I just don't you to wait too long because the state in which your package was received deserves redress! Now is an especially good time since she is aware of the outstanding customer service issues and her 'future loyal customers' are hanging in the balance. It is a prime opportunity for her to be truthful to her word. Be sure to keep us posted

I agree. Two separate issues. Two separate resolutions. You are not crazy. You are supposed to pick just one issue for her to deal with???Idarethair

I guess I need to ask for the free gift today and then wait to tell her about my leaky stuff?

Or the leaky greasy boxes and then ask about my gift for inconveniencing me?

If she was really trying to do what was right she should have sent the free gifts with a note in the first place without US having to ask. I am sure she is able to look and see who got their orders LATE.

*grumbles*

HanaKuroi That is exactly how I felt and thus why I didn't ask for the gift.
To me she should've given a %off to everyone that was affected and called it a day.

IDareT'sHair I agree both should be given.

Ayo wrote me and said she would replace the items and give me free shipping and a free gift on my next order. She didn't say gift of my choice. I hope she includes the compensation gifts she offered last week in with my replacements without me requesting.

Sigh. I mentioned in my email that I received my leaky items in two separate orders 22 days after I ordered them. She didn't mention sending out the apology gift/s I think there should be two since I paid for shipping for both.

She needs to stop nickel and dimeing everything. She wants to spend as little as possible sending out those "apology gifts" to the ones that ask only and one gift per order. To keep customers she needs to step it up more.

I will judge her products separate from her lack of customer service. Customer service is very, very important to me as a consumer. I may like your products but if i have to wait almost a month to receive my goods in that condition.......... While she is going replace the items, the fact that I have to make a purchase to get my free gift with my next order and free shipping doesn't sit well with me. What if I don't want to buy something to get her offer of a free gift? Is it me?

Idaret'shair [USER=206846]curlyhersheygirl suns4i6e

Ladies,I apologize for my lack of punctuation and proper grammar I am thumb typing on my phone.

Last edited:
HanaKuroi, I see she is making an effort. I appreciate that. I could say more but I think time will tell with this vendor. After all you've been through, I truly hope you enjoy her products.

I thought about purchasing some products from Soultanicals, but when I ordered the Natural Hair Calendar some years ago it took about a month to get. I filed a dispute through Paypal for that and it mysteriously showed up. A year later, a promotion ran to receive some natural recipes. With a $5 donation, you would receive (for free) an African wood comb. It took 5 weeks to get that after sending an email to Ayo. I never received a response or an apology.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Did anyone get the new email? I don't think this was a good idea... :perplexed

I'll copy and paste it here:

"Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind."

Greetings Beautifuls,

As the week comes to a close, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you again, Soultanical's loyal supporters, for your continued commitment to experiencing the difference with our self-love goodies and creations.

I've learned a lot from your feedback this month, and from the countless love that you have shown in the midst of it all. I've learned that ALOT of you are beautiful and gracious spirits who reciprocated the love in my quest to show my appreciation. For this, I am VERY grateful! I've also learned that no matter how much positivity and love that is put out in the atmosphere, there will be those who will not reciprocate. As we ALL move through this journey in life, we should always be teachable and learning. Mistakes happen-in our personal lives and in business. The way to correction is through acknowledgment. I value this time as a teachable moment and will never take my eyes off of the final vision.

I've also learned that no matter how many times one apologizes, make amends and keep it positive, there will be those who will continue to harbor discontent and relentless grudge. The only thing I can do is to continue to radiate good intention and love out into the world, hope for the growth in all of us and love above it all.

Being a Wife/Mompreneur of 5 is not an easy task but what keeps me going is the thank you's and the appreciation from my supporters who believes in my vision and wish to see me succeed. There is no looking back now! Success and Sacrifice goes hand in hand.....and a Sacrifice it is. As I hear your beautiful and thoughtful testimonies, it is of great joy to me to know that I am doing something to make a difference and to be a part of your lives. For this reason alone it keeps me going because you are worth it. :)

It is my hope that my products will continue to show up as purposeful goodness in your lives. In the same light, If this brand no longer serves you, I support you doing what makes you look and feel your best!

Thank you for taking the time out to read this note. I appreciate you...now mixing time for me... :)

Peace & Blessings! Love & light! Sending Joy & Abundance your way! :)
Ayo
Creator/Mixtress/Love-Stirrer at Soultanicals
www.soultanicals.com

Soulffirmation of the Day: Compassion is the pre-cursor to forgiveness. Without compassion there will always be judgments, which obstruct mental and emotional energy and faculties.

Quote of the Day: "The greatest gift anyone can give is LOVE, The most unselfish act to share is FORGIVENESS, The strongest kind of compassion is KINDNESS."

You have to be kidding me. This was a terrible idea. Is this because I wasn't happy about greasy and leaky products and I had the nerve ti discuss it in this forum?

We aren't allowed to voice our opinions?

You have to have a tougher skin than that. You are supposed to take the negative and turn it into a positive. Oh my goodness! Why not mention names in the letter?

I had a feeling that Ayo or someone affiliated with her was watching this thread. Now it is confirmed.

This isn't personal this is business. This is about my money!

ugh...why can't these businesses understand that Happy Customers = Loyal customers?!!

To keep the customers happy the business might have to do some things that were not in the original plan .. even if this means losing out on a little profit every now & then, especially when mistakes have been made. It shouldn't have to be a tug of war where the customer feels like they are "bothering/nagging" the business to do right by them after their hard earned money has been spent.

This letter she just sent seems to infer that there are "haters" out here who want to hold a grudge for past mistakes .. now of course I don't know all of her customers and how they correspond with her but the ladies in this thread seem to have been professional about it - seeking what they are due + a little icing on top to keep them coming back ... not unreasonable at all... so what's the problem? :drunk:

And why they always have to pull out the "hard working mother of 50-11 kids" card? :look: LOL

Last edited:
You have to be kidding me. This was a terrible idea. Is this because I wasn't happy about greasy and leaky products and I had the nerve ti discuss it in this forum?

We aren't allowed to voice our opinions?

You have to have a tougher skin than that. You are supposed to take the negative and turn it into a positive. Oh my goodness! Why not mention names in the letter?

I had a feeling that Ayo or someone affiliated with her was watching this thread. Now it is confirmed.

This isn't personal this is business. This is about my money!

YES HanaKuroi, she's talking directly to YOU! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

All jokes aside, let's try not to read too much into it, although I'm ashamed to say I giggled just a bit when I read the letter, as the timing is comical. I'm going to choose to think that this has been a hard few weeks for this 'mompreneur', filled with strong growing pains as well as opportunity for growth. I can only imagine how challenging it is to completely satisfy each and every customer concern, dismay. I hope she continues to keep a positive attitude while being diligent in tending to customer needs.

^^I got a feeling she was talking about my arse simply because I kinda told her about hope i felt but not in a rude way. I told her how she should handle the situation and that she should work on her customer service skills. I would post what I wrote to her but
IDK. I want her to succeed b/c I like her sales and I like her products but she just need to work on her CS-point, blank, period. She has to know this. If you can't take feedback and constructive criticism then you don't need to be a business owner.

I don't like how she says "being a mom of five and a business owner is not an easy task"... well, then don't do it... it was a choice to open a business and to have kids if you can't handle it then maybe it isn't for you... I know there have to be other business owners who have kids and you would never know it... she shouldn't have sent that email...

She just lost my business with that passive-aggressive, pseudo incense burning email.

Product-Junkiefirmation of the Day: Good customer service costs less than bad customer service.
Quote of the Day: Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. ~Bill Gates

Did anyone get the new email? I don't think this was a good idea... :perplexed

I've also learned that no matter how many times one apologizes, make amends and keep it positive, there will be those who will continue to harbor discontent and relentless grudge. The only thing I can do is to continue to radiate good intention and love out into the world, hope for the growth in all of us and love above it all.

:nono: :perplexed :ohwell:

ETA: Alrightythen...no Soultanicals for me! Do your ish right and you'll succeed. Don't do a half arse job at "making amends" either. smh

We're lightweight over here. We ack nice:grin:

If she had similar CS issues with the members of NC or BHM I'm sure they tore her skrait out the Frame.

They don't play.:rolleyes:

In fact, someone over there were the ones that said some of the products had Hair in them and Posted Pics!

HELL-O:lol:

Last edited:
I think the latest email is in poor taste. She should have just sent the original apology email and left the issue alone. I will not be purchasing from Soultanicals again. I'm not even going to bother requesting my free gift. She can keep it.

I thought about purchasing some products from Soultanicals, but when I ordered the Natural Hair Calendar some years ago it took about a month to get. I filed a dispute through Paypal for that and it mysteriously showed up. A year later, a promotion ran to receive some natural recipes. With a $5 donation, you would receive (for free) an African wood comb. It took 5 weeks to get that after sending an email to Ayo. I never received a response or an apology.

Forever in Bloom

Ms. Bloom: I found this to be very interesting and a word of Caution...:yep:

Thanks for posting your experience from several Years Ago.:look:

Forever in Bloom thanks for the heads up! I was going to use part of my May hair budget to purchase the Natural Hair Calendar.

http://www.naturalhairloveaffair.com/shop/natural-hair-love-affair-wall-calendar-planner-2/

I wouldn't have realized that both outfits are owned by the same vendor w/o your post. I don't need any unnecessary headaches with getting the merchandise and/or product, after remitting payment.:nono:

Now, I guess I'll just stick to Mother's Day sales and order againstallodds hair journal. I hope she has spots for inserting pictures. It's less expensive and you can order it on Amazon, so there will not be any service issues.

http://http://www.amazon.com/Dear-hair-just-grow-already/dp/1300563494/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366896098&sr=8-1&keywords=just+grow+already

Last edited:
Back