Speaking in Tongues Question?

chicacanella

Hi you all.

I was in prayer this afternoon and the Holy Spirit led me to speak in tongues about something that he has already told me to pray about.

He actually gave me a new way to pray and as I was praying, it was like I was thinking but the Holy Spirit was interpreting what I was saying in tongues, praying perfectly what I was expressing in my mind. I noticed it when I would say something like, "I love you God," and I I said it more than once and noticed the same syllables or tongues came out. And then I stopped and said, "Let me try something," and I began to choose certain things I wanted to say to God but just said it like 4 times in a row. As I'm writing, I hear the Holy Spirit said, "that's good."

But the Holy Spirit also said when I wasn't focused on praying about what he wanted me to, "Tell me what you want." So, I did.

My question is: Have any of you ever thought something but the Holy Spirit expressed what you were praying to God in your mind? Of course, I know that he was making it perfect but I want to hear if this happens to anyone.

Prudent1

Hi you all.

I was in prayer this afternoon and the Holy Spirit led me to speak in tongues about something that he has already told me to pray about.

He actually gave me a new way to pray and as I was praying, it was like I was thinking but the Holy Spirit was interpreting what I was saying in tongues, praying perfectly what I was expressing in my mind. I noticed it when I would say something like, "I love you God," and I I said it more than once and noticed the same syllables or tongues came out. And then I stopped and said, "Let me try something," and I began to choose certain things I wanted to say to God but just said it like 4 times in a row. As I'm writing, I hear the Holy Spirit said, "that's good."

But the Holy Spirit also said when I wasn't focused on praying about what he wanted me to, "Tell me what you want." So, I did.

My question is: Have any of you ever thought something but the Holy Spirit expressed what you were praying to God in your mind? Of course, I know that he was making it perfect but I want to hear if this happens to anyone.

Yes. :yep:

chicacanella

Thanks so much. I never knew that could happened so it surprised me. Usually when I speak in tongues I just the Holy Spirit do his thing but this time, he told me to focus on what I want to say to God and it was like I was praying to God the Father in my mind but the Holy Spirit was saying it through me. That was weird because I'm not used to it but I'm glad I found out it is possible.