*SPINOFF* ARE YOU GOING TO STAY NATURAL?

Sweet_Ambrosia

I love my natural hair, I have no desire to go back to relaxing, it would be pointless. My hair will stay natural for life. :grin:

Irresistible

I'm 22 years old, and I have a lot I want to do with my hair before I die.

1. I want to prove that I can rock my natural 4/b kinkiest of the kinky hair and grow it out for as long as I want it. Probably to SL.

2. I want to prove to myself that I can have long (never passed SL) healthy relaxed hair as well and grow it to MBL. Relaxers weren't my problem, it was the lack of knowlege on how to care for my hair.

3. I want to get my hair highlighted.

4. I want to get a cool cut with bangs and long layers

5. I want to do a long 1+ year transition back to natural (I didn't get to transition this time, I just chopped)

6. I want to rock a blonde TWA

7. I want to try a texlax

7. Then Repeat all steps above in various order.

I guess I'll stay natural when i'm 50 and ride it on out, probably keep it short bc I know I'm too lazy to deal with long hair. Who knows what I might do next...Honestly, it's just hair to me. It grows. As long as it's healthy, I could care less if it's relaxed or natural. I love MY hair. BC it's mine.
the beautiful thing is its YOUR hair to do with what you wish

a gift!

Irresistible

:yep:Yes; I am natural for life.

I absolutely LOVE my natural hair.:heart2:
Sometimes after I finish washing my hair, and my hair curls up and does it's own thing, honestly, I find myself thanking God for my hair and for bringing me to this point in my life that I love and accept myself entirely, including accepting what my hair can and cannot do in comparison to looser or tighter textures.

For me, it's been a journey.
As silly as it may sound, I've actually grown with my hair. :rosebud:
I love myself much more now than when I first started to transition.
I wouldn't return to relaxed hair (or this new-fangled textlax:grin:)for the life of me; I wear my hair curly 9.5 times out of 10.
I do plan to straighten once or two times a year just to see length, but other than that, I'm a natural curly girl for life!:yep:

aww that was awesome! Nothing like being thankful to he who counts those hairs!

Irresistible

When I chopped in 2005 I intended on staying natural for good. Over the last 8 months or so, I've been really fed up, but I've decided perming isn't going to help me in the long term, so yes, I'm staying natural.

Cool!!!!!!

A Relaxer (when it never did well on your hair) after going natural and trying to go back to something you know didnt work in the long run for your hair anyway, no matter what frustration u come up against, is not going to be the answer

justNikki

I'm natural....period. I can never say never, however, I can't imagine relaxing my hair again. It's highly unlikely as long as I'm in my right mind.

Caring for my hair in it's natural state is no more work for me than when it was relaxed. I always got a ton of compliments on my relaxed hair, but it was never REALLY what I wanted. My hair was always too thick to do with it what I wanted (usually a blunt bob of some sort) without using those texturizing shears to thin it out and that kind of cut is a ***** to grow out. I much prefer my styling options with my natural texture because my thickness works FOR me instead of AGAINST me. :yep:

Natural for life is what in my forecast.

Bigghair

Yes I will stay natural. I love my natural hair much more than when it was relaxed. I will continue to follow the same routine unless it stops working.

Ivie184

:grin:Oh yes, most definitely. Once my mind is made up about something, there is no turning back...natural head for life

cmw45

I am natural and plan to stay natural. I have a lot of friends/aquaintences that say they are going natural to grow their hair out and then are going to relax. I am always really confused by this. I mean, won't whatever problems you had as a relaxed head return once you relax your hair again? My advice to them is natural hair can be just an unhealthy as relaxed hair. Change your methods: LHCF.com

Harmony0221

STAYING NATURAL!! I LoOvE MY HAIR!! I have been both natural and relaxed in the past and for me natural is the way to go!

zzirvingj

Like another poster just mentioned, I have no intention of relaxing again but I also one of those "never say never" types of people...

But two of the main reasons why I can't see myself relaxing again anytime in the near future:

-I don't have to worry about sweating out my hair, or when it gets wet or rained on

-Since I've been natural I simply wear a bun most of the time, and I can go months and months without having to go to the stylist to get my hair done

Irresistible

I've been "maybe" transitioning for awhile. :look:I'm not even sure how long, but at least nine months.

It depends, probably, which one is more of a pain-in-the-bum: self-relaxing every 12-14 weeks, or detangling and re-twisting every 3-5 weeks.

Yeah to me both natural and relaxed have their challenges ,depending on the person's hair

but yeah its a tough call , only whats right for you is the right answer really

Irresistible

Have you made a commitment to stay natural come what may?

Is there another choice? For me, this is ME, I can't change that.

or are you just taking it as it comes?

as what comes? Naps? :lachen:

how do you plan to meet your own unique natural hair challenges? do you have a plan of action?

I will do what I've been doing for the past 5 years or so, I don't and never have had any severe hair issue so I don't even know how to answer this.
[/QUOTE]

well yeah there are choices other than staying natural. I meant taking it as it comes as in 'asking if the person had made a firm decision to stay natural or not'

the last question: since you have never had any hair issues then your right I guess you would have no way to answer it

nubiangoddess3

I Am Natural for life this is my third time going natural

The Only Way for me to stay natural is to love my nappies, praise and cherish them .....

I've always been natural, then I had a laps of sanity and relaxed my hair a year ago. I know what I'm getting myself into since I've dealt with my natural hair all my life. It's a definite YES! I'm not going through this transition just to relax again, no Ma'am!

Newtogrow

I was natural for 4 years and it was definately a love hate relationship.

Last July I texlaxed and had the most fabulous afro ever.

Can't say I won't fully relax.

Just enjoying the versatility of my hair.:grin: