Spring is in the hair..

graCeful_89

So ladies, spring has arrived. What are you going to change about your current regimen? Product switch? Less or more heat? Give it to me straight (or curly)!

I'm thinking, more braidouts, an extra co-wash per week. I also going to break out the Surge again! Loved it last summer. A little less s-curl for the new growth though. I was tired of dodging open flames :lachen:

Last edited:

naturalgurl

I'll be experimenting with braid/twist outs. I'm trying this weekend after my henna treatment. This will be a nice spring look I think. Then summer I think I'll leave the twist in and then stretch the style by wearing a twist out for a week or so afterwards. I'm learning so much here!!!!

natstar

It's gonna be a busy spring/summer for me so I'll be wearing twists most often. I may try blowdrying then twisting for a diff. look sometimes. Also, I will be wearing the occasional braidout.

HoneyDew

No different regimen, but I wear my hair down more often in the Spring and summer - no coats and turtlenecks and sweaters! :yep:

I would like to get some braids though. There is a lady at work with a nice set and my hair could use the break.

I just don't want to put down the $180 for it. :look:

charmtreese

Im keeping the same regimen for the most part, I may throw in a second wash during the week.

When I go to the beach & weekend trips I plan on co-washing a lot and airdrying.

back2relaxed

I am going to be laying off the salon so much, and spending some QT w/my own hair. My goal is to only go to the salon for special occasions and relaxers for the spring and summer. I'll save money, and I've gotten so much better at doing my hair since I joined this board! During the spring and summer it gets dry and hot here, so I have to step up my dc game. I also plan to wear a ton of braidouts/twistouts, rollersets, flexi sets, etc. The goal is very little heat.

STLCoverGirl

I am using minimal heat, doing washngo's, braidouts and bantu knots all spring/summer. I love the warmer months because my hair really thrives and grows.

TrendySocialite

hmmmm....not really sure.

Hopefully my hair will be full SL and maybe collarbone length by the end of summer. I think I'm going to wear more rollersets and some cute updos.

Increase water intake and probably co-wash 2x a week and regular wash 1x a week.

But other than some minor changes, I think I'm just going to get in the groove with my regimen and keep it simple.

RosesBlack

I'm not doing any big changes in my reggie because my hair is growing and I like how it's feeling and I don't want to screw it up.

However I do really want to get a little more adventurous with my protective styles. I'm still not very good at styling. I think since bunning has worked so well for me so far more buns, but with some bangs and pretty hair things maybe.

I might try using clips for little french style rolls or something too.

onyxcabelo

Definitely avoid heat like the plague, start to deep condition more - I just got a new soft bonnet dryer, which I :love:, and continue to protect my ends.

Monigirl

I plan to do the following:
  • Daily co washing
  • Deep conditioning 2x a week
  • Applying MTG & Amla Lite Oil mix daily to scalp (no stank smell)
  • Using Baking Soda 3x a month to cleanse hair
  • Styles: Rollersets/ Curlformers/ Wraps/ Braids

Rapunzel*

i will be oiling my hair more(just mixed water with some oils to condition my new growth and braids with spray bottle) hopefully cut some inches off, and take out my braids
also avoiding heat:yep:

berry87

I'll be stocking on Kenra Con and Aveda to last me through the spring/summer.
>Doing more deep Cons
> Braiding/Twisitng my hair

Thats about it.:yep:

Nanyanika

I will not be changing my regimen, I will continue wearing cornrows under my wig until sept. quite boring, i know but the results will speak for itself.

Last edited:

fancypants007

I will not be changing my regimen, I will continue wearing cornrows under my wig until sept. quite boring, i know but the results will speak for itself.

Hey Den, I too have put cornrow braids in my hair but I'm wearing them without a wig. I ususually have the braider put my hair in a cornrow ponytail and wear it that way for about 6 weeks. I'm planning to keep them in for a whole year. Starting tomorrow I am going to give up sweets for a year and hopefully by the end of the year I will get some good hair growth. I know that cornroll braids makes my hair grow very fast and I'm hoping to achieve some good hair growth by the end of the year.

chocolate01

I will be wearing more wash and goes and doing more condition washes. I probably won't wear my hair straight again until the fall.

TLC1020

I will be wearing my hair down more this spring and summer and I will not be stretching my touch-ups during this time either, and I will make sure that I deep condition after every shampoo :grin:.. I am going to enjoy my hair this spring and summer and when the fall and winter arrive then I'll put it back in protective styles.

MonaLisa

I can't wait for it to get warm so I can go back to the Sylver method/braidouts:yep:

...seems like my slow growing hair only gets a burst during the warm spring and summer months.

clever

I am going to be laying off the salon so much, and spending some QT w/my own hair. My goal is to only go to the salon for special occasions and relaxers for the spring and summer. I'll save money, and I've gotten so much better at doing my hair since I joined this board! During the spring and summer it gets dry and hot here, so I have to step up my dc game. I also plan to wear a ton of braidouts/twistouts, rollersets, flexi sets, etc. The goal is very little heat.
:yep:
I always striaghten more and do more style wise in the summer.I'm kind of backwards(I co-wash and bun when its cold outside so I can let if flow for the summer:lachen:)

JustKiya

I think that I'll step up the amount of rinses. Otherwise, I think I'll stick to what I'm doing....

PittiPat

I'm going to continue on with the wig challenge and also add some of that horsey stuff that's all the rave into the mix. :yep: