Stacey English (atl) And Phoenix Coldon (st Louis)

FriscoGirl

The Oxygen Channel ran a two-part series this weekend about the Phoenix Colton’s case!

Very interesting facts so far in episode 1 about her living a double life (2 boyfriends, 2 cell phones, etc)...

here’s the show synopsis.

Phoenix Coldon, a young African American woman vanished on December 18, 2011, her SUV was found abandoned in the middle of the road in a crime ridden and depressed part of East St. Louis. In the days and weeks that followed, Phoenix's parents pleaded with law enforcement to help find their daughter, but the investigation was slow to start and the media paid little attention to her story.

Transformer

Very interesting facts so far in episode 1 about her living a double life (2 boyfriends, 2 cell phones, etc)...

But is that really a double life? Having two cell phones isn't unusual because some folks have a personal cell phone and a work cell phone. Every unmarried woman should have multiple "boyfriends" until "engaged" or is some cases until after the marriage ceremony.

FriscoGirl

But is that really a double life? Having two cell phones isn't unusual because some folks have a personal cell phone and a work cell phone. Every unmarried woman should have multiple "boyfriends" until "engaged" or is some cases until after the marriage ceremony.

She’s portrayed as having a double life because she was known as a Church Girl w/the white Fencing boyfriend, who was Homeschooled who’s had one cell phone paid by her parents vs the RunAway Girl who has a burner cell phone, Black boyfriend who’s lawyered up, depressed taping a video talking about she just wants to start over

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
I was wondering why there was no thread on Phoenix and her special. Her mother really bugged me. She felt suffocating and overprotective to me through the television, so I can’t imagine what she was like with her daughter. She also just seemed way too image conscious. It’s hard to explain but I felt like a lot was being left unsaid.

At one point she talked about how she raised Phoenix and one of the first things out of her mouth was how she taught her not to cross her legs at the knees. Your child has been missing for 7 years and that’s one of the first things you remember? Then she said that she thinks Phoenix got herself into trouble by seeking people who looked like her. What if Phoenix was hurt by white people, then what?

There were just several weird things that came out of her mother’s mouth.

It’s really a shame that 2 weeks went by before they connected her car and her disappearance. That was valuable time that could’ve turned up leads and now they may never have answers.

Last edited: