Straightened/length Check Result Pics (long Post)

LonDone

PS May 2017-???
I've been in box braids since May 2017 and took them out yesterday after 13 months. I'd lost a LOT of length and volume over the last 2 years following a stressful few events - you name it, it happened: end of a 25 year relationship, working 24/7 new born maternity nanny (yes, 24/7 the mother NEVER had the baby even to feed, and baby slept in my bed with me), then moving abroad with that family to a country where I don't speak the language, the death of my dearest friend, a major operation on my womb (under g.a), anaemia, moved house, was sexually assaulted in my new apartment so had to move AGAIN... man, that's a lot of high-end stuff, I'm amazed I'm still sane seeing it all written down :look:

I'm sorry I don't have any useful before pics but the below is a freshly straightened piece, and then after I'd finished. Looks more like a good blowout lol.

I'm about 3" from waist in back but have heavy layers so it tapers up to APL at my "bangs" :perplexed: It will have to be at least HL and probably nearer TBL to hang at waist.

My real concern was regaining density. I knew it wasn't shedding during the year it was in braids but I didn't know if new hairs were growing. I'm so pleased with the increase, my hair is now low density instead of off the scale! :pepper:

It's too thin still for me to feel comfortable with it right now so I'm going back in braidsor another PS until the end of the year .

View attachment 432443

20180702_021127.jpg 20180702_020747.jpg 20180702_021011.jpg

Last edited:
Extra props for pushing through ALL of that.

For your hair to be looking that well kept with that those stressors, it looks amazing anyways.

I’d be bald if all of my life stressors, last and present, happened to me at the frequency yours did. So again, you’re doing wonderful with your hair and life progression!

Whatever helps you bloom, and be happy, and at peace I wish it all for you. Bless you and your beautifulness!

Great progress. I find that for me when I take my hair out of braids, my hair needs about two weeks to regain "fullness".

I'm also very glad that you made it through everything that happened to you:bighug:

Yes, more hugs for you, sis.

:bighug::hugxplode:

I totally agree with this. Even after only 3-4 weeks in braids/extensions, my hair needs time to show its true colors. Not sure if that's because it's been "trained" a bit by the tension of the braids or what. What I used to do is wear loose twists under a wig cap and either throw a wig on or wear headwraps for the next couple of weeks after take down to help my hair "heal." I hope you find that to be true for you when you finally wear your hair out.

Back