Stretching and Rollersetting 4b/a Hair

mango387

Help me, please!
My hair has been growing since I started rollersetting and resisting heat with the exception of my hooded dryer, but I have a problem.

The length of my hair is very pretty when I rollerset while stretching. The roots on the other hand show the new growth in less than four weeks. Now, I am a person who likes uniform texture (all kinky/curly/wavy/straight), but stretching is visibly giving me two textures. What are you 4b/a (Typed this way on purpose b/c the majority of my hair is 4b) doing to straighten your roots?

***I am trying to avoid using a flat iron or blowdryer, but if I have to then I will. I looked at the starting out thread, and I could not find the answer. Plus, I am going to Wally World and Sally's in about an hour.

shunta

I blow dry the roots only. But I know you said that you didnt wanna do that. I dont think its bad for me when I blow dry the roots cuz I only do it for a minute or two. And only the roots.

sareca

I pressed my roots for the first 3-4 months of my stretch. After that I had to give up rollersetting altogether. :(

mango387

shunta said:
I blow dry the roots only. But I know you said that you didnt wanna do that. I dont think its bad for me when I blow dry the roots cuz I only do it for a minute or two. And only the roots.

Thanks shunta! If I have to blow dry, then I just have to blow dry. I am tired of looking crazy.

mango387

sareca said:
I pressed my roots for the first 3-4 months of my stretch. After that I had to give up rollersetting altogether. :(

So now, what do you do? I tried looking for your regimen, but your Fokti password is not working for me right now.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
My last relaxer was in May and I'm not sure when I will get the next one. I got tired of wearing phonytails and buns and after August I couldn'nt wear a bouncy rollerset becausue of the new growth, so now I am wearing a curly rollerset. Normally for my rollersets I would use the green rollers with some yellow in the mix, but with my new growth I am using orange and blue rollers so that I get a very tight curl. I am also roller them in a spiral curl almost like flexi rollers. The plus with this is that the new growth isn't as noticeable and I can go 2-3 days without roller my hair. At night I just put on my bonnet and go to bed, in the morning I add a little moisturizur and finger fluff and go.