Stretching and Rollersetting 4b/a Hair

mango387

Help me, please!
My hair has been growing since I started rollersetting and resisting heat with the exception of my hooded dryer, but I have a problem.

The length of my hair is very pretty when I rollerset while stretching. The roots on the other hand show the new growth in less than four weeks. Now, I am a person who likes uniform texture (all kinky/curly/wavy/straight), but stretching is visibly giving me two textures. What are you 4b/a (Typed this way on purpose b/c the majority of my hair is 4b) doing to straighten your roots?

***I am trying to avoid using a flat iron or blowdryer, but if I have to then I will. I looked at the starting out thread, and I could not find the answer. Plus, I am going to Wally World and Sally's in about an hour.

I blow dry the roots only. But I know you said that you didnt wanna do that. I dont think its bad for me when I blow dry the roots cuz I only do it for a minute or two. And only the roots.

I pressed my roots for the first 3-4 months of my stretch. After that I had to give up rollersetting altogether. :(

shunta said:
I blow dry the roots only. But I know you said that you didnt wanna do that. I dont think its bad for me when I blow dry the roots cuz I only do it for a minute or two. And only the roots.

Thanks shunta! If I have to blow dry, then I just have to blow dry. I am tired of looking crazy.

sareca said:
I pressed my roots for the first 3-4 months of my stretch. After that I had to give up rollersetting altogether. :(

So now, what do you do? I tried looking for your regimen, but your Fokti password is not working for me right now.

My last relaxer was in May and I'm not sure when I will get the next one. I got tired of wearing phonytails and buns and after August I couldn'nt wear a bouncy rollerset becausue of the new growth, so now I am wearing a curly rollerset. Normally for my rollersets I would use the green rollers with some yellow in the mix, but with my new growth I am using orange and blue rollers so that I get a very tight curl. I am also roller them in a spiral curl almost like flexi rollers. The plus with this is that the new growth isn't as noticeable and I can go 2-3 days without roller my hair. At night I just put on my bonnet and go to bed, in the morning I add a little moisturizur and finger fluff and go.

Back