Success with hot oil treatments...

LuLu

I wanted to let you guys know of the success I've had, for the last two weeks in a row I mixed hot six oil and Queen Helene placenta hot oil treatment together and treated my hair and I really liked the results. MY hair gets dry pretty easily especially since the weather has changed but the last two weeks, it has felt well moisturized which I love.

Can you do too many hot oil treatments?

P.S. I just started taking EPO, so that may be doing it too

What kind of Hot oil treatment do you use??? and how often?

LuLu

bump

CrownnGlori

I use Vo5 Hot Oil and recently Avon. I use them maybe twice a month esp during winter. They help me alot too. I also use oil everyday on my hair and since I keep my ends close to my scalp they get a miny treatment. ( Is that a word
? )Vo5 says every wash so if your hair is responding well go for it.

Chimma

hmm, i wonder if it is possible to have too much of a good thing. Anyone dried their hair out with too much hot oil?

Karonica

My old Caucasion roommate used to dye her hair excessively. She said the V05 hot oil treatments were what kept her hair like new.

Karonica

[ QUOTE ]
hmm, i wonder if it is possible to have too much of a good thing. Anyone dried their hair out with too much hot oil?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is possible because they're supposed to moisturize your hair, unlike a protein treatment, which can definitely dry out your hair if used too much. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

BlkHoneyLuv2U

I do a hot oil treatment once a week on wash day. I do it as a preshampoo treatment. It leaves my hair feeling more moisturized if I do it this way than if I do it after I shampoo my hair.

JenJen2721

Has anyone tried a pre-shampoo hot oil treatment with honey? I did one last night and my hair feels so good....

Laginappe

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
Has anyone tried a pre-shampoo hot oil treatment with honey? I did one last night and my hair feels so good....

[/ QUOTE ]

I use honey in my pre-shampoo hot oil too. My hair loves it.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
How are hot oil treatments typically used? Before or after shampooing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always do mine before.