sulfur challenge, 2011 edition

hair4romheaven

I have a stupid question......

If the ratio is 1 teaspoon to 8oz of oil how are you storing it? That's alot of oil.
Also, I'm thinking if the sulpher has to be shaken up at each application how can you be sure the correct ratio is being dispensed into your small applicator bottle - some might have settled at the bottom?

Bublin I use a mason jar. I purchased it at target. I store it in a cabinet. I also thought it was a lot of oil, but will try with the teaspoon to see how my scalp reacts before making any changes. It does settle I just shake it up. Pour a little in a coffee mug I use just for this. I put my mug in hot water to heat the oil a little. Put my the pads of my fingers in the oil and massage my scalp. Today is day one using my sulphur mix
HTH

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Bublin 8oz isn't a lot of oil... It fits in a standard applicator bottle and is equivalent to 1 cup of liquid. I make one batch at a time, so the sulfur is settling in the same bottle I'm already using. The ratio becomes problematic if you're using more than 12% of sulfur to 8oz of a carrier oil. You would need about 2.5 teaspoons of sulfur in 8oz to worry about a problematic ratio.

Bublin

NappyNelle i'm just thinking of a baby's bottle and 8oz is alot to me! I've never seen an 8oz applicator bottle where i am in the UK, only small ones. I'll search online. I would prefer to use one container rather than decant because i know how lazy i am and i'd fall off the wagon.

Bublin

Soooooo.
I found this in my stash and it contains lots of good stuff including sulphur and Saw Palmetto. It's a DHT blocker and hair growth booster.
Here is the website
http://www.organichairenergizer.com/

I cannot find an ingredient list on the net but is very long and i ain't gonna type it out :look:
I decanted it into an applicator bottle as the pump is so impractical and because i had alot of excess on my hands i applied quite alot to the front portion of my hair and scalp. After about 2 minutes i felt a tingling sensation. I have just taken off my scarf an hour later to feel my hair and it very soft and smooth - it says it is to be put on the hair too.

It's easily available in BSSs.

Savannah Leigh

Hey everyone,

I'm more of a lurker than poster, but I've been on the site for a couple years now. I purchased Boundless Tresses back in 09 and it helped my hair growth a lot. I had purchased two bottles at that time and never got to using the 2nd bottle. Is it okay for me to still use it? It's 2 yrs old....I don't want to cause any setbacks.

MrsHouston

Question: Does sulfur or sulfur products make your hair shed? I got this impression from a post in another thread. thanks in advance.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
MrsHouston- I'm not too sure. I don't remember significant shedding, but my carriers oils are castor and grapeseed.

Savannah Leigh- Your BT should be fine, just be sure to shake it up really well... and don't order anymore. :look:

LilMissSunshine5

Hey ladies...I had a quick question. I was on an every other day application schedule, but that was when I was co-washing very often. Since co-washing isn't helping with my dermatitis but aggravating it, I only do it 1x/2x a week now. Does sulfur need to be applied on a "clean" scalp to be most effective? If so, any ideas on how to adjust the sulfur schedule so it is still effective? TIA

transitioning?

Hey I use my Beemine sulphur mix. On the bottle it says use everyday/every other day. It doesn't suggest washing after so I'm sure u don't need a clean scalp

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

chicha

Ladies it's late and I dare not try and read all of this thread tonight.

Have any of you experienced ALOT of growth from the sulfur?

I have bald spots and alot of thinning from (female) pattern baldness and I need something that stimulates growth like a mutha.

mssoconfused

Hey I use my Beemine sulphur mix. On the bottle it says use everyday/every other day. It doesn't suggest washing after so I'm sure u don't need a clean scalp

I just ordered the BeeMine Sulfur Mix...how did you like it? Do you know how much growth you experienced?

Thanks!

SunySydeofLyfe

@SunySydeofLyfe

What oils will you use and how much (ratio to sulfur) I need a growth spurt before the summer ends! Do u use the nairobi oil?

growinghealthyhair I havent been in this thread in a minute!!! Sorry, I cant help cause didnt stick to the sulfur....as of late I am back on the sulfur game, I dont have a set plan, I had so many fast growth concoctions that I am using them up and hoping for the best!!!

ezina

I'm jumping on the sulfur bandwagon! I'm in braids so this is an ideal opportunity for me to start using it. Also, I want to compare it to my past use with MT.

transitioning?

I wouldnt suggest adding to the bee mine. It works great already. Plus u do not want to over strengthen the mix and have a set back

Saga

The Generous Queen
I've been applying my sulfur mix to my scalp religiously every night before bed, then GHEing with a shower cap, a satin scarf, and a bonnet as I sleep. I'm hoping that I can see all this had work pay off. Some nights I feel lazy, like "Eh...I can go one night without it.", but do it anyway because I want to be really consistent with my application. So far I've gone through 4oz of sulfur mix. I'll make some more next time I'm able to buy more Hot Six Oil.

hothair

I use my sulphur mix once a week as an oil pre-poo treatment on the scalp - I use hempseed oil, vatika, evoo on the strands with a shower cap for about 3 hours. My hair is very full and growing I'm aiming for grazing BSL by Dec wish me luck!