Swang Hair Magazine... Heard of it?

Dominicanatural

Sugar: Absolutely great job on the first issue! There was so much helpful and thorough information. I would definitely recommend readers to read it in pieces :). One thing I was curious about was the structure of the magazine. Do you have a staff or is this really an initiative you're handling for yourself for the most part? Also, do you have a current copy editor? I saw a couple of typos towards the beginning. Not trying to be nit-picky though; I really just want to see this magazine become a full-fledged success. Best of luck to you!!

Sugar

@Sugar: Absolutely great job on the first issue! There was so much helpful and thorough information. I would definitely recommend readers to read it in pieces :). One thing I was curious about was the structure of the magazine. Do you have a staff or is this really an initiative you're handling for yourself for the most part? Also, do you have a current copy editor? I saw a couple of typos towards the beginning. Not trying to be nit-picky though; I really just want to see this magazine become a full-fledged success. Best of luck to you!!

Thank you : )

I don't have a staff yet. I am responsible for almost everything from beginning to end. I coordinate the photographers, makeup artists, hair stylists, and models. I shop for wardrobe and do the styling myself with help from others on set. I also do the layouts. I wear many, MANY hats :yep:

I don't have a copy editor yet, but a couple of friends point out the typos to me when they spot them. Can you PM me the ones you saw?

Dominicanatural

Thank you : )

I don't have a staff yet. I am responsible for almost everything from beginning to end. I coordinate the photographers, makeup artists, hair stylists, and models. I shop for wardrobe and do the styling myself with help from others on set. I also do the layouts. I wear many, MANY hats :yep:

I don't have a copy editor yet, but a couple of friends point out the typos to me when they spot them. Can you PM me the ones you saw?

Wow! Now I'm even more impressed!! You must have great organization skills. I will definitely PM soon.

mscocoface

This first edition is definitely worth having as a hard copy to pass along to others. I can think of 3 people I could have given this to in the last 4 weeks.

luckiestdestiny

Oh yeah one more thing...if you guys know of any bloggers or YT-ers I should interview (or if you think I should feature your blog or YT channel) please PM me.

I'm thinking if they're established you should "ask" more than "interview" them so to speak. I've spent tons of time contacting bloggers in reference to films, and from a marketing aspect of products...and I've found they're willing to work with people if they believe in what they're doing.

Perhaps you will find a way to have some of your articles featured there, and also ask if they will do a "series" for you as well. That way, when your article is featured there, then you will be able to have a "link" to your online magazine thus introducing a bigger "new" audience to your magazine. While at the same time, you will also provide fresh new material for their blog.

Avyn

I agree with^^! You should interview Little Golden Lamb (littlegoldenlamb). She has a hair/beauty inside & out blog and is an amazing writer! She's on LHCF so you could PM her.

Sent from my SCH-R915 using SCH-R915

Sugar

This first edition is definitely worth having as a hard copy to pass along to others. I can think of 3 people I could have given this to in the last 4 weeks.

Thank you...I'm definitely considering doing hard copies in the future :yep:

Sugar

I'm thinking if they're established you should "ask" more than "interview" them so to speak. I've spent tons of time contacting bloggers in reference to films, and from a marketing aspect of products...and I've found they're willing to work with people if they believe in what they're doing.

Perhaps you will find a way to have some of your articles featured there, and also ask if they will do a "series" for you as well. That way, when your article is featured there, then you will be able to have a "link" to your online magazine thus introducing a bigger "new" audience to your magazine. While at the same time, you will also provide fresh new material for their blog.

Great ideas! Thank you : )

Sugar

I read the mag from cover to cover and subscribed! Congratulations! Good job.

Thank you I really appreciate that : )

I agree with^^! You should interview Little Golden Lamb (littlegoldenlamb). She has a hair/beauty inside & out blog and is an amazing writer! She's on LHCF so you could PM her.

Sent from my SCH-R915 using SCH-R915

And thank you too! I will be contacting her soon :yep:

theNaturalWonders

i love it!! your progress is great too. i love the fact that you did include that. you are funny and down to earth too. i wish you all the success and i really would love to see this out to the masses.