Sylver2's Gorgeous New Pics and Techniques!

camellia

She's got absolutely GORGEOUS hair! It's so sleek and shiny. Sylver is one of the few ladies I "know" that use heat without making their hair look all dried out and damaged.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!:D

imstush

I haven't been on in awhile, and Sylver when I saw your siggy the other day my jaw dropped!!! Then today I was talking to some ladies who frequent another hair forum and I was talking about your hair...and lo and behold this thread. I have to wait to look at your fotki...but your siggy alone is beautiful!!!

brickhouse

I thoroughly enjoyed Sylver2's album. She made some great progress. Now if I could only get her blow drying technique down.

JewelleNY

Hey Silver:wave:

I love your braidouts, they look so professional, I'm going to have to try that very soon:)

Your hair has really grown, it is so beautiful:D

Mizani_Mrs

Sylver I am boycotting your fotki until you put up the 'Rock Star' braidout pic back in there. that was my absolute fav hair style of all time. I have copied the wildstyle while im at APL and its aiight, but i can't WAIT to get your length to copy it....

Mizani_Mrs

oh nevermind! Sylver i see you updated your fotki and added the braidouts. Good job! the 'Sylver-ban' is officially lifted. ;)

MonaLisa

*walks into thread*
*climbs up onto stage*
*taps the microphone. says **** it. tosses microphone down onto the stage..

*reaches into knapsack and grabs bullhorn*
CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE A FOTM TO ME!!!!:look:

*Puts bullhorn back into knapsack next to NTM DDC Conditioner and Serum
*hops off of the stage*

*Hair Hugs and Love to Ra...:kiss:

sylver2

WoW!!! Thank u ladies so much. I feel really good and hope someone gets positive results from the stuff in my album. I am blushing. Thank u:)))))

Mona thanks u crazy girl...lol {{hugs}}

sylver2

Cayenne0622 said:
Wow...really beautiful. I love to see comparison shots like these. You actually grew out for super short and had some set backs and hurdles and finally got to your goal! Congratulations...amazing!!

Thank u:))
Oh my goodness, setbacks were major..lol. I thought I would never ever get to where I am now. It just seemed to be so far away.
A few things I found out by mistake. Like I use to comb hair all the time until in 2004 we went to disneyworld. I curled hair with waver. We were there for a week and I never had time to do my hair. So I would just put the scarf on and take off and go. I did this even when we came home cause i was exhausted. The next time I starightened my hair out I realized it grew like crazy in a short time, my hair always grew slow so I couldn't believe it, and discovered my key was no manipulation.
I was also drinkin lemon and water a lot so wondered if that contributed to it as well.

Sylver..your hair is amazing!!Thanx 4 sharing all of your techniques with us :kiss:Btw,do you alternate when you use heat by doing 1 blow dry on one wash,and the on the next wash you do a flat iron? TIA

sylver2

atrinibeauty said:
Sylver..your hair is amazing!!Thanx 4 sharing all of your techniques with us :kiss:Btw,do you alternate when you use heat by using 1 blow dry and the on the next wash you do a flat iron? TIA

Sometimes..it really depends. Like lets say for month of October.
e.g.
Oct 1st -I would have washed hair, blow dried and flat ironed for very straight look. Then keep it like that w/o touching for almost 2 weeks straight
Oct 14-I wash for second time and do braidout from wet hair, sit under dryer with wet braids for half hour. Let out..keep like that for almost 2 weeks only having to rebraid the 1st 2 braids once to freshen up.
Oct 25-I wash for 3rd time, maybe blow dry but dont flat iron, just put scarf on. keep like that for 2 weeks.

sylver2 said:

Sometimes..it really depends. Like lets say for month of October.
e.g.
Oct 1st -I would have washed hair, blow dried and flat ironed for very straight look. Then keep it like that w/o touching for almost 2 weeks straight
Oct 14-I wash for second time and do braidout from wet hair, sit under dryer with wet braids for half hour. Let out..keep like that for almost 2 weeks only having to rebraid the 1st 2 braids once to freshen up.
Oct 25-I wash for 3rd time, maybe blow dry but dont flat iron, just put scarf on. keep like that for 2 weeks.

Thanx Sylver:)
I want to cut back washing and am trying to figure out a way to do that w/o so much heat.I still have 2 months to go before I relax :( I'm getting the relaxer itchies.I may just get a fall or rock braid outs and TRY to keep them for a week...

godzooki

Sylver, your hair is so beautiful!*sigh* Now that my youngest is bigger I can try to get back in gear. Seeing all these beautiful heads of hair is such an inspiration! You ladies rock!

I love your photos just like everyone else does and appreciate you
sharing your regime with us.

Tried doing the scarf/roller set thing this morning, well it didn't work for me. When one roller fell out, the rest decided to follow. I need a little more practice with my roller sets.

Now, sitting under the drying with your scarf on, I love that idea. I'm nine weeks post and my hair laid down so nicely. Since the rollers didn't stay, I decided to use the poneytail method with flexirods.

Do you still have your Maxiglide pictures?

Going back to stalk your fotki ;)

Isis

MonaLisa said:
*walks into thread*
*climbs up onto stage*
*taps the microphone. says **** it. tosses microphone down onto the stage..

*reaches into knapsack and grabs bullhorn*
CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE A FOTM TO ME!!!!:look:

*Puts bullhorn back into knapsack next to NTM DDC Conditioner and Serum
*hops off of the stage*

*Hair Hugs and Love to Ra...:kiss:
My thoughts exactly! :yep: ;)

Isis

sylver2 said:
Oh my goodness, setbacks were major..lol. I thought I would never ever get to where I am now. It just seemed to be so far away.
A few things I found out by mistake. Like I use to comb hair all the time until in 2004 we went to disneyworld. I curled hair with waver. We were there for a week and I never had time to do my hair. So I would just put the scarf on and take off and go. I did this even when we came home cause i was exhausted. The next time I starightened my hair out I realized it grew like crazy in a short time, my hair always grew slow so I couldn't believe it, and discovered my key was no manipulation.
I was also drinkin lemon and water a lot so wondered if that contributed to it as well.
I remember you mentioning this before in another post and I commented on it in the pH thread someone bumped. Besides all of your other great hair tips, I feel you're on to something here with the lemon and water. :yep: