The Best Baggy Challenge EVER!!!

brickhouse

I am in since I am only rollersetting on Sat. I will use my phony pony and S-curl and olive or jojoba oil or maybe protectiv w/ pink label. This is what I did when I first strarted thanks to Adrienne. I miss her.

GirlTalk

Hey tiffers,
I have to drop out of the challenge. I got a jump on my bagging last night & had about 10 tiny broken pieces of hair this morning. I'll be cheering ya'll on from the sideline though!
Good Luck Ladies

Eisani

Hey ladies!!!! :D There hasn't been a baggy challenge for a while now, and since I lurves me some baggying, I thought I'd start a new one!!! :pepper:
There are two rules:
1) Baggy at least 5 times a week. You can take the weekends off if you want. You HAVE TO baggy at least 5 times a week. No comin in here talkin bout "I'm in, but I'm only gonna baggy twice a week" :spank:
2) Check in every day to keep yourself accountable
This challenge will last from May 4 (this coming Monday) until August 31 :grin:
If you're in, answer the following questions:
How many times a week will you be baggying?
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?

I said it :look:...just sayin.

SunnyDelight

Thanks for starting this Tiffers!!
How many times a week will you be baggying? 5 x per week
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? S Curl and castor oil
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? whole head under a wig

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Hey tiffers,
I have to drop out of the challenge. I got a jump on my bagging last night & had about 10 tiny broken pieces of hair this morning. I'll be cheering ya'll on from the sideline though!
Good Luck Ladies
Aw, no! Have you baggied before? Was your hair saturated in moisturizer? Most people experience breakage when baggying damp hair. When you take the baggy off, your hair shouldn't be damp.

lwilliams1922

Aw, no! Have you baggied before? Was your hair saturated in moisturizer? Most people experience breakage when baggying damp hair. When you take the baggy off, your hair shouldn't be damp.

can you elaborate so I get it straight?
Most people experience breakage when baggying damp hair.

If you add moisture wouldn't that make your hair damp?

How much product do you put on your ends?

for people that baggie every night, how often do you wash/cowash?
can all the product and green house effect build up a sweaty smell (if you baggie your whole head)?

when you add moisture do you mean like a mositurising conditioner?
do you seal with an oil every night?

i'm worried about my ends in a big way since my bonnet dried died I havent been able to DT for a couple weeks. I never imagined it would be so HARD to find another.

this challenge may be just the thing to help me out till i get a replacement.

Last edited:

Eisani

I was just about to call you out on that, you blankety-blank :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::slap:

And why'd you change your siggy pic?
:laugh:

I changed that siggy pic because I got tired of scrolling through threads and seeing my face :lachen: The new one is my too tight banana clip ponytail. The clips are fired now too.

tiffers

can you elaborate so I get it straight?
Most people experience breakage when baggying damp hair.
If you add moisture wouldn't that make your hair damp?
How much product do you put on your ends?
for people that baggie every night, how often do you wash/cowash?
can all the product and green house effect build up a sweaty smell (if you baggie your whole head)?
when you add moisture do you mean like a mositurising conditioner?
do you seal with an oil every night?
i'm worried about my ends in a big way since my bonnet dried died I havent been able to DT for a couple weeks. I never imagined it would be so HARD to find another.
this challenge may be just the thing to help me out till i get a replacement.
When I say add moisture, I mean a moisturizer, or you could also use a leave in conditioner. If your hair is damp after applying a moisturizer, you've used too much. Moisture is already going to be trapped in the baggy, so there's no need to be heavy handed applying a moisturizer. Part your hair in 4 sections and apply about a half dollar amount to each section. If you're natural (it looks like you are in your siggy pic). you may need a little more than that. (remember that even though it may not FEEL like you have enough on your hair, it's enough. Some people even baggy without adding any moisturizer to their hair because the baggy creates its own moisture) Apply the moisturizer to the length of your hair, concentrating on your ends.
I wash my hair two to three times a week and I do not seal with oil. My hair hates oils :perplexed
I haven't ever baggied my whole head because I'm just too hot for that :lol: But I doubt it would make your hair musty :)

Last edited:

tiffers

:laugh:

I changed that siggy pic because I got tired of scrolling through threads and seeing my face :lachen: The new one is my too tight banana clip ponytail. The clips are fired now too.
Booooooo! You stink! :lol: That was a pretty pic! Your hair and earrings were fierce!!!!

lwilliams1922

count me in

How many times a week will you be baggying? ------- 5

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?
------- AO HSR and water. I will also try out adding A LITTLE coconut and or EVOO

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? --------------
ponytail/twists. I will try whole head once a week the night before cowash.

morehairplease

Count me in ladies!

How many times a week will you be baggying? 5

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? my Designer Touch/White Rain conditioner combo and Nutiva coconut oil

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? ponytail

ellehair

Im so excited my 1st challenge!! Please add me Tiffers:grin:

I will baggy overnight whole head 5-6 times per week

Using NTM or BB oil moisturizer and sealing with coconut oil.

i baggied last night and DH looked at me like:perplexed and he said he couldnt take all the noise the bag makes in the bed, he thought he was sleeping next to plastic woman:rolleyes::rolleyes: and he doesnt like it..:lachen::lachen:
I told him he will like the end result, he just has to deal with it for a while..:yep::yep:

morehairplease

i baggied last night and DH looked at me like:perplexed and he said he couldnt take all the noise the bag makes in the bed, he thought he was sleeping next to plastic woman:rolleyes::rolleyes: and he doesnt like it..:lachen::lachen:
I told him he will like the end result, he just has to deal with it for a while..:yep::yep:

lol...my dh said the EXACT same thing...men:rolleyes:

sxytia07

Count me in!

i baggy my ponytail EVERY night with a roller. Baggying has worked wonders for my hair! I use my Bronner Brothers moisturizer and carrot oil. Don't plan to stop anytime soon either! Baggy babes unite!

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Only use a smalll amount of moisturizer if you don't want your hair to come out damp in the morning. I use alot because I'm in braids and I'm wearing a wig till the end of June, so I don't mind my hair being damp when I wake up.

Eisani

Booooooo! You stink! :lol: That was a pretty pic! Your hair and earrings were fierce!!!!
Thank you. I may repost it as my avatar once I'm sick of looking @ Method Man although I don't think I'd ever get tired of lookin at him. We've been married since the 90's :lachen:.

MJ

I wish you had started this in the winter. I baggy in the cold months (when the heater is on) but stop when it gets warmer (when the heat is turned off).

tiffers

Plastic woman? :lachen: :lachen: That's so funny!!!! Welcome to your first challenge! Yay!!!

tiffers

Thank you. I may repost it as my avatar once I'm sick of looking @ Method Man although I don't think I'd ever get tired of lookin at him. We've been married since the 90's :lachen:.
Get it, girl! :lachen:

tiffers

I wish you had started this in the winter. I baggy in the cold months (when the heater is on) but stop when it gets warmer (when the heat is turned off).
Aw, shucks! Just missed it! Maybe next time :)

berryblack

Hey, I'm in!
I whole head baggy every night unless I'm wearing my hair out of my twists on the weekends. I moisturize with my shea/coco mix.

Chameleonchick

Wow!! I :love: baggying before I only did this with a ponytail. I have twists in now and I have been doing this for the past two nights.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I baggied last night in a ponytail with Jasmine's Detangling Leave In. I sealed this morning with cocasta. My ends are a HAM so this is definitely beneficial.

tiffers

Baggied last night with Aqauge Hydrating Mist and Silicon Mix leave in