The Dumbest D!#n Hair Advice You've Ever Heard (given or received)

londonfog

* My neighbor asked me & my kids to go swimming with her in August 2012 (before my HHJ) She used to be relaxed but has been natural for about 4 years now. She said the relaxer was breaking her hair. She still doesn't take care of the natural hair either. I told her that I'd just gotten a relaxer the day before & I wasn't getting in the pool. I'd done that before as a teenager & my jet black hair had not only turned BURNT ORANGE (while still in the pool) but it got really damaged so the chemical & chlorine don't mix. She told me that I could still go swimming & I would just have to condition my head really good afterwards. :ohwell: What part of my hair turned burnt orange while in the pool didn't you understand?!!

*Fast forward about 7 months later & same neighbor asked me when I'm going natural (two times). She said that with her being natural, she doesn't have to do anything to her hair. (Mind you she just told me the week before that she had to chop some hair off because it matted up under her wig from her "not doing anything to it"). I politely had to explain that the lovely natural ladies from LHCF actually wash/co-wash, DC, M&S, etc to take proper care of their beautiful heads of hair much like I have learned with my relaxed hair so the maintenance doesn't stop when you go natural. She was like "oh :blush:."

* I had my own crazy input in this story too. When I was 16 years old, I used baby oil to take my tracks & glue out but it was a messy process. So my sister (about 23 at the time) who also wore glued in tracks with patches of her real hair missing in between, told me that she stopped fooling with the baby oil & she just PERMED her tracks out! Say what, say huh?! "Yeah girl! You just put the perm on the hair where the tracks done slipped from (NG) then when you finish your whole head you just comb the tracks all the way out!" Now mind you I was perming my hair all the way down to the ends myself so that part didn't appear to be disturbing at the time but I was more mad that she wanted me to waste my $1.78 TCB perm on some tracks! LOLOLOL!!:lachen: When I told her she was wasting perm, she went from perming the tracks out to just straight ripping them out! The patches went from quarter sized to plum sized!

Thank God for knowlege & growth! :grin: