Anybody Here Actually 'Enjoying' Their Long Hair?

Babygurl

Im relaxed and in maintenance mode, which means my hair is where I want it to be as far as health, and although I do tend to wear my hair up most of the time I am enjoying it. I love the versatility of being able to wear about any style I can think of, or just letting my bun down, finger-combing, and letting my hair swing! Im at the point that I dont have to worry about the constant deep conditioning, babying etc. to maintain it. I actually haven DC'ed in almost 2 months and my hair is fine. I let my man enjoy it and Im never tense about that. So yes Im very much so enjoying my hair, it was a long hard road to get to where I am but Im loving EVERY minute of it.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I am definately enjoying my MBL hair! Wheather it's in 2 platts, a ponytail, roller set and/or straight I am enjoying it every second of the day. I am in control of my hair, my hair is not in control of me, so it will not keep me from enjoying a momment with DH or a water fight with the kids.

Energee

I'm enjoying my hair. I'm almost APL and loving it! I do wear updo's most days but I wear my hair down two or three times per week and always when my husband and I go out to dinner or something. I can't see not enjoying my hair. I treat it well 99% of the time so I can afford to enjoy it sometimes without worrying about damage. I certainly don't allow my hair to get in the way of our 'bedroom activities'....LOL. No, never that! That's what silk and satin pillow cases are for really:grin:.

ETA---I will definitely enjoy it once I hit my goal of BSL or a little past....:yep:

Last edited:
Anyone relaxed AND 'enjoying' their hair?

I'm relaxed and enjoying my hair. Even more so now that I do it myself since finding LHCF after getting faithful rollersets every other week for over a year. I enjoy being able to "do something" with it at a moments notice. Even If I'm 4-6 weeks post and have somewhere to go I can make my hair look more than presentable. I've found the products that allow me to do that and I'm loving it. I get comments at work on my hair (most recently braidouts have been my thing) when I think it's a mess. I don't do a lot of protective styles, I hate buns:nono: Basically yes!!! I'm thoroughly enjoying my hair!:grin:

ETA: I'm BSL or a quarter inch from it. Whatever that was last touchup. I'm definitely full BSL maybe a tad over now.

Last edited:

glamazon386

Do these ladies also 'tense up' if the man in their life reaches over to run his fingers through their hair, even though we all know long tresses are a magnet for most men?

:lol: This part reminds me of a post KiniKakes made a while back about her SO at the time telling her that he felt like her hair was the couch with the plastic slip covers on it.

I can't speak from experience but a lot of long haired ladies on the board have expressed that when they actually do wear their hair down they're really paranoid about it breaking or strands getting caught in things like purse straps, seat belts, etc. And that they end up putting it right back up. There are some ladies here on the board who wear their hair down all the time though. I think Sylver2 does.

BillsBackerz67

I enjoys mines as it gets longer because I can do more styles. Last year I avoided two strand twists like the plague because they were short and awkward looking. However other than that I really cant tell how long my hair actually has grown until I straighten it:wallbash:.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
:look:Well...a little. I try to whenever I get a chance to but between school, work and this HYH challenge, it's up 90% of the time.

glamazon386

I enjoys mines as it gets longer because I can do more styles. Last year I avoided two strand twists like the plague because they were short and awkward looking. However other than that I really cant tell how long my hair actually has grown until I straighten it:wallbash:.

I'm at this stage right now. I just don't like them on my hair. They would look so much better longer. Have you twisted your hair recently Ayeshia?

BillsBackerz67

I'm at this stage right now. I just don't like them on my hair. They would look so much better longer. Have you twisted your hair recently Ayeshia?
Funny you should ask...as I type this Im taking breaks in between twisting my hair:lachen:. I should correct myself...I did do the two strand twists last year BUT I pinned them into an updo instead of letting them hang. I'll upload some pics when Im done:yep:

Creatividual

Once I hit BSL, which should be this December, I will start enjoying wearing my hair down. Winter for some reason, I naturally wear it up more so I probably really won't start enjoying wearing it down tilll the spring. But once, the spring time hits, I will fully enjoy the fruits of my labor and wear my hair down whenever I want to.:grin:

sylver2

I definately enjoy my hair. i wear it out every single day. This is what I worked soo hard for. Yes it gets caught in things(crazy stuff too..lol) but can't live in paranoia..no fun.

Hair Iam

well... although my hair takes longer to detangle now, and its needs are changing, i'm enjoying my hair to the fullest! :grin: but then, that was my whole point in going natural. i don't want to stress over my hair anymore. sure i do a lot of things to take care of it and maintain it, but not to the point where it runs my life IYKWIM.

*i suppose some people would say since i don't press my hair straight that often that i'm not "enjoying" my hair's length. that doesn't bother me either. i love being surprised at my hair's length when i do straighten. and i love my hair's natural texture the rest of the time. :yep:
Love what you saidi:yep:

prospurr4

Anyone relaxed AND 'enjoying' their hair?

I am relaxed, and yes, I am enjoying my hair. It's longer and healthier than it has ever been, and I am so grateful. I love experimenting with new styles that my length and thickness allows me to do. I even enjoy my wash days. :yep:

SandySea

Well, my hair isn't long, but I am enjoying it. It's the first time in years that my hair has reached this length without being in desperate need of a cut. It's grown since my siggy and I've been wearing it out every day. I haven't done that in years. I love feeling it bounce as I walk--yes, I'm vain. It's another 1.5 inches to APL and I don't intend to trim until I get there, but protective styles are out of the question (did that for almost 3 years straight).

Alpha Female

:yep: Ok, glad to see many, many ladies on the board are lovin' their strands!! I was kinda worried for a minute there - like why the hell are they doing all this work to grow their hair if it's never going to see the light of day?! lol.

I can understand being on a journey to reach a goal, but at some point, the journey should end so you can actually reap the benefits & rewards of achieving the goal. Also, it doesn't hurt sometimes to 'let your hair down' (so to speak) when you're on the journey. Some are always so surprised that their hair has grown or thickened up - they were so focused on the end goal that they never even realized they were making progress towards it...progress that can be enjoyed now in spurts vs. just waiting until the end goal is achieved.