The hair sticks thread---all about hair sticks (pictures included)

Sugarshoc

I cut my locs 10 years ago, but I used to rock some hair sticks!! I loved them. I have some long twist extensions in now. I think I'm about to restock the hairsticks. I'm so happy this thread is here. Everyone's hair looks wonderful.

sbfairy

Okay, so I'm into hairsticks now. When I found this thread I was just thinking that I needed to try to find a way to keep my hair up without using ponytail holders all the time. So here is my little collection of hairsticks. The first 2 are from Fox at Sticks and Stones, the second one is from Anafiassa at Etsy, the two acrylic ones are from PacificMerchantile at Etsy, and the last one is one that I made. The second pic is a pic of some earrings I made to go with the hairstick that I made and the last pick is of a sock bun that I wore with one of my hairsticks to decorate it.

Attachments

• photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 62
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 46
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 60

anon123

A new AliaRose stick. I bought the bead separately and shipped it to her for her to mount on a stick:

She made matching earrings for me for free!

Closeup:

Where I got the bead. It was smaller than most, so a better price:
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/50950373

Where I got the stick:
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/59513935

WyrdWay

I have got to be the biggest procrastinator ever!!!

I made these toppers and the sticks..... last year??
And I just put them together >_<

Attachments

• hair sticks! wyrdway(tagged).jpg
    hair sticks! wyrdway(tagged).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 54

WyrdWay

Nice! I'm going to start using mine again. My layers are longer and I can pull it up again.

Thanks ^_^
I have "hand in hair syndrome when I where hair sticks and forks >_< I have to constantly reposition them. I think it might be because my hair is pretty thin, maybe when its longer wearing hair forks/sticks won't be such a pain (literally I can feel it pulling one or two hairs every time!)

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Happy New Year!

Welcome to all the folks who just found this thread. If you succumb to the hair stick madness, show your stash!

indarican

Any tuts on how to get it to stay??? not that i have enough hair for this, but even when i try with half a head, it always fall out

SmilingElephant

My goal this year is to be able to get back in the hair stick game by the end of the year!:yep: I'm pretty sure i could get back to my Lazy Wrap bun with BSL hair:)

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict

Attachments

• purple moon box jelly.jpg
    purple moon box jelly.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 21
  • purple moon roses in sky.jpg
    purple moon roses in sky.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 21
  • purple moon green pearl.jpg
    purple moon green pearl.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 21

mscocoface

Thank you for bumping this thread. I am not collecting hair jewelry and finding the right sticks have been a problem. Off to read this thread with the updates.

Main goal is to make my own.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
OK, I've been inspired... I bought my first hair stick! :grin:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/70303064/seal-of-the-garden-palace-hairstick

I'm excited to play with it. I'll probably do some half up, half up styles because I prefer to wear my hair down.

Yeah Mische!! That one is beautiful! I love her sticks. I feel like a pusher:grin: You have to show us how it looks on you when it comes. I like half up, half down styles too - it's a great option that gives you the best of both worlds.

mscocoface - yes, girl focus! After you get that A then purchase and make your sticks. Then show us!

Mische

Thanks wavezncurlz!! You were definitely my inspiration! I won't leave you guys hangin' on pics once it gets here... though I'll need a minute to figure out how to use it. :lol: I watched a couple videos posted in this thread and it looks simple enough... but this is me we're talking about.

Renewed1

I bought this from ebay.

I LOVE THIS THING!! I literally put my hair in a french roll and stick this thing in it! Simple and quick hairstyle.

I think I like forks, more so than sticks. But I have both and plan to use them more; since I decided to keep my natural hair, blown out.

Attachments

• sadf.JPG
    sadf.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 12

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I bought this from ebay.

I LOVE THIS THING!! I literally put my hair in a french roll and stick this thing in it! Simple and quick hairstyle.

I think I like forks, more so than sticks. But I have both and plan to use them more; since I decided to keep my natural hair, blown out.

MarriageMaterial
When I first started posting in this thread, I preferred forks too. I love both now. Forks are definitely easier. Some of my favorite came from Etsy. I am saving money for a big one from quecraft and MairzyDozy

I got my newest sticks. I'll share later this evening.

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
I am checking out MairzyDozy, very nice! Thanks for this post. Adding to my wishlist.

[USER=49019 said:
wavezncurlz[/USER];15093915]@MarriageMaterial
When I first started posting in this thread, I preferred forks too. I love both now. Forks are definitely easier. Some of my favorite came from Etsy. I am saving money for a big one from quecraft and MairzyDozy

I got my newest sticks. I'll share later this evening.