The short-term (2 month) protective style challenge

Loves Harmony

im so glad that ive join this challenge. This will keep me from cutting my hair. I'm trying to grow it out but when it get to that ugly stage i start cutting it. Yal pray for me lol lol

anon123

Alright, ladies. The challenge has officially started. Do try to measure your hair so that you are able to accurately assess your retention once the challenge is over. And don't forget to post pictures of your hairstyles if possible!

What do they have on there? Should I look for a certain user?:look:

It's like ebay, but for hand crafted things. Just do a search for whatever you want.

Platinum

Still rocking my braids. I hope they can hold up until the end of the challenge. I'm getting some new growth already.

Aggie

Girl mwedzi, add me in please. I am already doing this anyway. I am wearing Braids with extensions.

baddison

natural for good
OK....so I know the challenge started on the 15th of june, but I "officially" joined it on the 20th. So I'll be going 'til August 20th. I needed to first end my 13week stretch, and now I'm back to protective stylin'....buns & flat twists.....

Lets rock & roll.....!!! :grin:

anon123

Girl mwedzi, add me in please. I am already doing this anyway. I am wearing Braids with extensions.

OK....so I know the challenge started on the 15th of june, but I "officially" joined it on the 20th. So I'll be going 'til August 20th. I needed to first end my 13week stretch, and now I'm back to protective stylin'....buns & flat twists.....

Lets rock & roll.....!!! :grin:

I'll go ahead and add you two.

I've been trying to get creative with the protective styles. Last week all of them were done on twists or twist outs, but separating the 100 sections of my hair that twist had wanted to make into locks takes too long. So this week I am doing all loose hair styles. here's one. I'm working on a video for another:

And with a twist in back this time:

Platinum

I'll go ahead and add you two.

I've been trying to get creative with the protective styles. Last week all of them were done on twists or twist outs, but separating the 100 sections of my hair that twist had wanted to make into locks takes too long. So this week I am doing all loose hair styles. here's one. I'm working on a video for another:

And with a twist in back this time:

Awesome!:yay::notworthy:dance7: Great job, Mwedzi!:clap::notworthy You never cease to amaze me with all of that beautiful hair of yours! I should kick myself for ending my transition last year. :wallbash::wallbash: I would have been 18 months post if I hadn't chickened out and relaxed.

anon123

I'm still going. I slipped one day so far, but otherwise have stuck to it. I'm in big twists right now. This is day 3 for them. Will probably take them out tomorrow for a twist out and put that in a bun. I really do not like my twists.

MissNadia

Class A Lurker
Surprisingly, I'm sticking' to this challenge. I'm starting to like the look of buns. I really want to see if protective styles make a difference in MY hair retention.

Aggie

I can't wait to redo my braids. 2 more weeks to go with the current extension braids...then one week of DCing, and I'll be back in extension braids.

Platinum

I can't wait to redo my braids. 2 more weeks to go with the current extension braids...then one week of DCing, and I'll be back in extension braids.

How long have you had your braids, Aggie? I'm thinking about taking mine out today and getting Senegalese twists next weekend.

Aggie

How long have you had your braids, Aggie? I'm thinking about taking mine out today and getting Senegalese twists next weekend.
I've had them in 7 weeks now and I know that I should take them out next weekend, but I am not quite ready to yet so I will try to keep them in one extra week this go round:yep:. I used to love twists some time ago but i lost too much hair then so I don't think it's good for *MY* hair. I just don't keep them as well as I do the braids unfortunately:nono:.

Platinum

I've had them in 7 weeks now and I know that I should take them out next weekend, but I am not quite ready to yet so I will try to keep them in one extra week this go round:yep:. I used to love twists some time ago but i lost too much hair then so I don't think it's good for *MY* hair. I just don't keep them as well as I do the braids unfortunately:nono:.

Mine have only been in for 4 weeks.:sad: I have box braids, I usually get micros but I didn't have enough time to get them. I was thinking about getting micros next weekend but I want something different. Alot of people complain about breakage with micros but I never have any problems. I haven't had Senegalese Twists in a while.

Aggie

Platinum, I took them out last night and heena'ed overnight, then DCed this morning. They couldn't last another day:nono:.