The short-term (2 month) protective style challenge

anon123

I have a lot of NG so I may have to take out my braids and find another PS.:sad:

Well, NG is always good. You can't hold on for a little longer? I know they gotta cost a lot of money to redo. How about trying a braidout on the braids? That might help to blend the NG. Just a thought.

Surprisingly, I'm sticking' to this challenge. I'm starting to like the look of buns. I really want to see if protective styles make a difference in MY hair retention.

I don't mind my buns, either. I can finally use these ponytail holders with flowers on them that I bought forever and a day ago.

Platinum

Well, NG is always good. You can't hold on for a little longer? I know they gotta cost a lot of money to redo. How about trying a braidout on the braids? That might help to blend the NG. Just a thought.

I couldn't hold on.:nono: I didn't lose out on alot of money because my Aunt did them. Since I took them out, I've been baggying and wearing an oversized knit cap. I'll be back in braids this weekend.

I don't mind my buns, either. I can finally use these ponytail holders with flowers on them that I bought forever and a day ago.

Love the bun, Mwedzi! I can't wait until my natural hair is that long.:look:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I picked up Freestress Sante Fe Girl half wig.... I will have pics within the upcoming week, we are having a meet up and I gotta look fly.

exubah

Well I am still doing my usual bun but definitely not liking my hair right now....I think I need to wash with Roux Porosity Control and dc afterwards. The fact that my hair was underprocessed during my last relaxer is also not helping. Ah well, you live and you learn to stick with what works for you! I can't wait to relax again....I'm sssooo tempted to do it next week but I will try and hold out until mid-August.

Platinum

I got Senegalese Twists today and I should be rocking these for the next 2-3 months. I noticed that after I removed my last set of braids, my hair has gotten thicker. I think braids will be my preferred protective style until I BC.:look:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I got Senegalese Twists today and I should be rocking these for the next 2-3 months. I noticed that after I removed my last set of braids, my hair has gotten thicker. I think braids will be my preferred protective style until I BC.:look:

I am glad that you found something that will work for your hair.....

ellehair

Ladies, I have retired the half wigs until my next touch up in Sept, my edges were not cooperating with the NG, so im rocking a full bob wig freetress seattle girl (I believe) until the end of this challenge, and then I will continue on until Sept with NY girl by freetress.

deusa80

Checking in...
I'm still doing my cornrows and/or buns under my half wig. But, 2 weeks ago I had to go to the salon to get a touch up, I actually got my ng texlaxed for the 1st time. But..I had to get a little trim because my ends are bad:perplexed
I will be keeping up with the protective styles like usual though. :)

anon123

I used my Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Treatment. The last of it, in fact. I forgot how good a product that is. I have to buy more even though it's really expensive.

I flat ironed last week and wore banded ponytails for about 4 days. Then put into twists for 2 days. Today I'm using my once a week pass for a twist out. I really need to wash it, my head is itching so bad.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I had to push my pics for my halfy back cause I wont be putting it on until tomorrow....See yall then.

***I bet yall think im crazy, I been talking about the wig for like 2 weeks and yall aint seen nothing LOL.

exubah

Okay....so I caved in and relaxed last night....gotta change ma siggy. It went well with the exception of one spot that I totally missed altogether because I was rushing to go pick up some relatives from de airport. I might hit up that spot in a few weeks because it really did not get any relaxer and it's bugging da hell outta me :wallbash:

exubah

Oh yeah, I'm still PSing but using a pass today cause I'm rocking a braided pony....might turn it into a bun later.

anon123

***I bet yall think im crazy, I been talking about the wig for like 2 weeks and yall aint seen nothing LOL.

We have faith that our patience will be rewarded. :look:

Oh yeah, I'm still PSing but using a pass today cause I'm rocking a braided pony....might turn it into a bun later.

I count braided ponytails as protective, just not loose ones. A braided ponytail is, after all, a braid. :)

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I started wigging it up yesterday.....Here she is SanteFe Girl Freestress.

Attachments

• me 003.jpg
    me 003.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 8
  • me 004.jpg
    me 004.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 5
  • me 005.jpg
    me 005.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 6

Aggie

It's time to change up my short wig looks now - I'm getting a little bored with the one I'm using now.

Solitude

Checking in! I've been really sticking with this challenge. I've seen progress already. Here is an example of my daily bun

Last edited:

Solitude

Thats my bun right there.:rolleyes:

:lachen: Yep, nice and simple! The only thing is that I'm getting bored with it. I cheated by wearing my hair straight for a couple of days this week :look:. I have seen a difference in the softness and strength of my hair by just DCing frequently and putting it up, so I'm going to stick it out through the last few weeks!

anon123

MissB, thanks for the pics. It's pretty!

:lachen: Yep, nice and simple! The only thing is that I'm getting bored with it. I cheated by wearing my hair straight for a couple of days this week :look:. I have seen a difference in the softness and strength of my hair by just DCing frequently and putting it up, so I'm going to stick it out through the last few weeks!

I think I've seen a difference. It may be all in my head, but I don't think so. Less tangling, definitely. I've become fond of this bun:

I did a YouTube video tutorial for anyone who wants to see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMoLRI7_wrU

baddison

natural for good
Still going & still holding on. I'm enjoying all the benefits from protective styling. I won't be doing any kind of "big reveal" until December 31st, 2009!!! Hey - we've only got 15more days of this challenge...we're almost there :wow:

beans4reezy

Awww its all most over. Well not for me cause im in HYH for 6 months....

Same here sis! No reveals for me until December. But the time FLEW by on this challenge! This challenge is a GREAT idea for those who want to start small (as far as challenge length of time) and gradually increase. Not everyone can do a 6 month challenge right out the gate.:yep:

Kellum

Checking in: I did a touch up last night after 16 weeks, roller set and put my hair in a bun. This will be my style for a few weeks and then I'm doing some micro crochet braids.

Aggie

Same here sis! No reveals for me until December. But the time FLEW by on this challenge! This challenge is a GREAT idea for those who want to start small (as far as challenge length of time) and gradually increase. Not everyone can do a 6 month challenge right out the gate.:yep:

Yup, me too. I'm also in the HYH challenge and cannot reveal until the end of the year. I am actually hiding my hair for about a year actually so i have a bit more time to go than the challenge allows:yep:.